Other Italian Supercars Alfa 8C, Pagani Zonda, Cizetta etc.

Gumpert Apollo Super Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 02:50 AM
toovo1985 is infamous around these parts
Maybe when I see one in person I can also change my opinion
Still haven't managed to go to one major car event like Geneva. Maybe next year

Old 05-11-2010, 10:05 PM
2JZPWR is infamous around these parts
I think they just did a supercar shootout at Inde Motorsports Ranch with this car.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Reza has been playing with this one in Hollyweird !

Attached Images   
Old 05-13-2010, 01:15 PM
noekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud of
I think it looks wicked, as in; Übercool track ready hypercar. But... Look at the competition... Koenigseggs, Paganis, Lamborghinis... You could admire them all day long, not the case with this creature...

And I don't think many will buy it, for the fact that it might not be hardcore enough for the track (and that kind of money can get you a lot of different track prepared vehicles) and too hardcore for street use.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:36 PM
ShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud of
Pretty? No. Bada$$? Yes. I've never been a fan of this car but you still have to appreciate it for what its capable of.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:07 AM
toovo1985 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ShutterSpeed
Pretty? No. Bada$$? Yes. I've never been a fan of this car but you still have to appreciate it for what its capable of.
That also my opinion...Ugly car, great performance = mixed feeling

Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM
03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !03RSTT Is a GOD !
The exterior is designed for performance and down force. The car takes no prisoners on the performance scale. Beauty is not the goal here.

Anyone know the history of Gumpert and his days at Audi? Not by chance he uses the Audi RS6 V8 as the core. Best engine platform I have ever owned.

Originally Posted by Giovanni B
One of the distributors is right down the street from me and I just had a chance to check it out in person.. Impressive performance figures to say the least, I just think the exterior is overdone and the proportions are out of line.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Bigrigger has a spectacular aura aboutBigrigger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 03RSTT
The exterior is designed for performance and down force. The car takes no prisoners on the performance scale. Beauty is not the goal here.

Anyone know the history of Gumpert and his days at Audi? Not by chance he uses the Audi RS6 V8 as the core. Best engine platform I have ever owned.
I thought th RS6 uses a Twin-Turbo V10??

Old 05-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 03RSTT

Nope. Roland Mayer of MTM (and formerly of Audi) took the 4.2L V8 from my-the-RS4 (and R8) and modded it with twin turbo's.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Ajcut7 has much to be proud ofAjcut7 has much to be proud ofAjcut7 has much to be proud ofAjcut7 has much to be proud ofAjcut7 has much to be proud ofAjcut7 has much to be proud ofAjcut7 has much to be proud ofAjcut7 has much to be proud of
I think it's pretty cool looking and it certainly makes a statement. But I don't think that it's something worth getting in any way shape or form. Lots more to be had for the $

Old 05-26-2010, 09:39 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Reza has been playing with this one in Hollyweird !
The color you posted looks really good on that car (at least in those shots). I've only seen the white, blue, and black up to this point. Those lines are so busy..., one could only speculate exactly how many of those creases are really necessary.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:36 PM
tommygun is infamous around these parts

Got a chance to check out one up close at the Texas Mile last year. Very interesting car and its one of the biggest love it or hate it styled cars ever produced.