Other Italian Supercars Alfa 8C, Pagani Zonda, Cizetta etc.

One-off Pagani Zonda F Cinque

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Des
Des is infamous around these parts
One-off Pagani Zonda F Cinque

Pagani will bring a one-off Pagani Zonda F in Cinque livery to the Geneva Auto Show next week. The car is a teaser for the Zonda R based Zonda Cinque due next year. I was at the Pagani factory earlier this month and they gave me a preview of this unique Zonda F Cinque I wasn't allowed to take pictures but I can tell you it looked stunning. Especially the wheels and tyres look great.

I wrote some more on the changes and the upcoming Zonda Cinque at:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2009/02/26/p...onda-f-cinque/

Old 02-26-2009, 12:01 PM
alan w is infamous around these partsalan w is infamous around these parts
I'm interested in this car, but someone on another board said his friend had seen the car (pressumably you?) but what he wrote made no sense, he said the car was a teaser for the Cinque which is based on the R and that this car was based on the F.
Now i might be wrong but the renderings i have seen of the Cinque are clearly based on the Body of the F and not the R hence my confusion with what this guy wrote? Granted the Cinque will be using technology from the R but its basic body appears to be from the F.
Anyway this one off F Cinque is it just a cosmetic Cinque with the usuall Zonda F body and chassis, and engine? also is it one of the production run of 25 Fs or is it a 26th car?? Sorry for all the questions just interested and a little perplexed!!

What you write makes it clear that all this car is is a standard F with Cinque livery, i'm only confused as this other guy said it had aerodynamic additions and R based technology.

here is what he wrote hence you can see my complete confusion.

"Geneva will see the release of the Pagani Zonda F Cinque. It's basically another concept teaser for the 'real' production cinque (of which there will only be 5, hence the name!!). It's based on the Zonda F instead of the earlier teaser which is based on the Zonda R. A friend saw it a couple of weeks ago when he went to visit pagani but he wasn't allowed to take pictures!!"

Help me undertsand !! Thanks Alan W.

Last edited by alan w; 02-26-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Des
Hi Alan,

I can take away your confusion, this is a normal Zonda F in Cinque livery. The first real Zonda Cinque based on the Zonda R won't be ready until at least summer / fall 2009.

Only problem: All Zonda F's, Cinque's and R's have already been sold. And by the time all these cars have been build the new production facility should be finished and around that time they will start building the new model. On average production of a Pagani takes about a year and their capacity is limited to 19 pieces a year. Only way to bypass the cue or skip the 1 year build time is buying a used one.

Since only 100 cars have been build, Horratio Pagani knows all his customers and even 2nd hand buyers personally. From all the manufacturers I've visited Pagani is definitely the most passionate one, everything is build and made by hand including the carbon body.

Des

Old 02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
alan w is infamous around these partsalan w is infamous around these parts
Ah thanks! that clears most of my confusion, one last question though as you say all zondas are sold, is this car we are talking about a new Zonda i.e. one of the 25 Fs or a used zonda repainted in Cinque livery? Thanks again!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Des
Although this wasn't confirmed I think it's one of the 25 zonda F's they planned from the beginning. As it takes a year to build a Zonda F I reckon they asked one of their customers to have his/hers made in the Cinque livery and for them to show it in Geneva.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:44 PM
trmather is infamous around these parts
Well I would definitely rather have an F over anything that looks like the R.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Isn't the R the last of the old generation cars? What will the new car be called? Is it true also that they will move from the M120 to the M275 engine?

Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by trmather
Well I would definitely rather have an F over anything that looks like the R.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Des