Other Italian Supercars Alfa 8C, Pagani Zonda, Cizetta etc.

Zonda R sets 6:47 Nurburgring time...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 PM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
IMO a road based car can be titled, tagged, and driven legally. The 956 is clearly a race car, the line on the Zonda is much more blurred, and the jury is out on the ACR-X for me. It can't be tagged, but only due to emissions.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I was incorrect the term is road car based, which the Zonda R and ACR-X definitely are....you can't call them road cars since they are not road legal.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:29 AM
JHE
JHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the rough
Just curious ... was it a flying lap or one from a standing start? In either case, where did the timing start? Full lap? Seems we all love the "Ring" times, but every time I see a time for the Ring, I'd love to know exactly what was timed so we could really compare. Don't get me wrong I love the Ring (closest track open for public days to my house) and have more than a few laps around it myself, but I've seen a lot of different ways to time a lap! Ah, but I digress.... that is one fast time around the Ring!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:26 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JHE
Just curious ... was it a flying lap or one from a standing start? In either case, where did the timing start? Full lap? Seems we all love the "Ring" times, but every time I see a time for the Ring, I'd love to know exactly what was timed so we could really compare. Don't get me wrong I love the Ring (closest track open for public days to my house) and have more than a few laps around it myself, but I've seen a lot of different ways to time a lap! Ah, but I digress.... that is one fast time around the Ring!!!!!!
Which is why there is no such thing as " Ring " time records, or " Ring " records. They are not validated and there is no offical sanctioning body.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 AM
JHE
JHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the rough
Exactly and just my point. If you are going to promote your lap time, be honest and tell the whole story. Ain't questioning whether this Zonda is fast - or that it did a "lap" in 6:47. Just want to know the "who, what, when, where, and how!" A lap tonight, for example, might be a bit hot - almost 100 F here today!

Old 07-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by JHE
Exactly and just my point. If you are going to promote your lap time, be honest and tell the whole story. Ain't questioning whether this Zonda is fast - or that it did a "lap" in 6:47. Just want to know the "who, what, when, where, and how!" A lap tonight, for example, might be a bit hot - almost 100 F here today!
Then you throw in rather it was ran in traffic or not, and the road conditions and the fact that the Ring has elevation changes so there can be different weather conditions on runs that are even back to back. And the fact that the " Ring " is not even considered safe enough to do sanctioned racing, so its almost a bigger test of drivers cojones and a guide to go by rather than an all out performance measure of competence.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Amazing car! Top of my list of dream cars

Old 07-13-2010, 09:56 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ Me too... But I don't believe I'll ever see one.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
^true story.

All a car needs in FL to be legal is lights, signals and a plate essentially...

Old 07-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Lotus907 is infamous around these parts
What's the problem with people seeing the Zonda as a road based car (the Pagani Zonda IS a road car) and Bellof's Porsche is not (the 956/962 are race cars straight from the drawing board). The Zonda that set this new record may be a competition version of a road car but wait, there are those words again, a version of a 'road car'. So was the Ferrari 599XX of the previous record, the car was a version of an existing 'road car'. Just because it's been prepped as a competition version doesn't mean it isn't still based on a road car......

Last edited by Lotus907; 07-19-2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Its open for interpretation, technically the Radical SR8 that ran 6:55 is a production car. You could technically say the S7R, C6R and FXX are road based cars. But those cars are very close to clean sheet race car designs even though they are technically based on road legal cars. Also the 962 is interesting because they can and have been converted to road legal cars even though they are technically a race car.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Lotus907 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Its open for interpretation, technically the Radical SR8 that ran 6:55 is a production car. You could technically say the S7R, C6R and FXX are road based cars. But those cars are very close to clean sheet race car designs even though they are technically based on road legal cars. Also the 962 is interesting because they can and have been converted to road legal cars even though they are technically a race car.
It's clear the S7, the vette (turn head and spit) and the Enzo are roadcars and those versions you mention more than resemble them but are versions of them. Be clear on the point however, that the 962 was a race car converted to road use as the Dauer 962, quite the opposite of the issue everyone seems to be hashing....over and over.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 AM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
What exactly constitutes a "road-based car"? There's a lot of cars out there you can modify that are still "road-based" that will run ridiculous times. Obviously that car is really a race car, not a street car by any means.
i agree with you 1000% i think people use the term production car too loose!! when they compare the ssc to the veyron for top speed all the time its bs because as far as im concerned its a well made kit car

Last edited by MSIZZLE66; 07-20-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by MSIZZLE66
i agree with you 1000% i think people use the term production car too loose!! when they compare the ssc to the veyron for top speed all the time its bs because as far as im concerned its a well made kit car
As far as your concerned?

The SSC is a production car built in a factory, that is delivered completed and turn key to its owner. It is not a kit car, and never will be.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 AM
thenextepisode is infamous around these parts
Yea saw this dream machine near the Beverly hills hotel day before yesterday