Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Any NSX owners here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:51 PM
gtr6speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Neighbor
'93 Black. 14k miles. Still love her after all these years and don't plan to ever sell.
Wow!

Those are nice miles.

Low mileage non-painted clean title NSXs are diamonds.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Any owners wana chim in on how much a F.I kit would cost? Lets say low 400whp's..turbo? S/C? whats safe?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 PM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
Had a 98 NSX, got the Ferrari Bug and had a 99 Modena, sold it and now have a mint 02 Spa Yellow

oh, I have a 993 Carrera S also

Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 PM
01blacks4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Any owners wana chim in on how much a F.I kit would cost? Lets say low 400whp's..turbo? S/C? whats safe?

6K-10K safe is relitive to the tuner.....
in CA you would have to go SC...smog

no issues with mine

Old 09-27-2008, 02:08 AM
I think turbo is the way to go. Had a CTSC, big pulley, and wasn't too impressed. Maybe a small pulley would have changed my mind.

I've seen some really fast turbo NSX.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:37 PM
M BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud of
I am on my 2nd Sebring Silver NA1 Coupe. I hope to always have at least one NSX in the garage.

For me, it has no equal at twice the price.

It represents a rare moment in automotive history. The soul of a company was embodied in a singular vision that transformed the conception of the exotic car.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:52 PM
NerdrumFG2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gtr6speed
I think turbo is the way to go. Had a CTSC, big pulley, and wasn't too impressed. Maybe a small pulley would have changed my mind.

I've seen some really fast turbo NSX.
I think a turbo really ruins the spirit of the car, the power comes on too suddenly and awkwardly whereas a 3.1" pully, 750cc injectors and a nice meth kit on the ctsc will feel like n/a power from 3k up to redline, much more in the originally intended spirit of the car.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Ayrtonsennansx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NerdrumFG2
I think a turbo really ruins the spirit of the car, the power comes on too suddenly and awkwardly whereas a 3.1" pully, 750cc injectors and a nice meth kit on the ctsc will feel like n/a power from 3k up to redline, much more in the originally intended spirit of the car.
not IMO...714 horse power GT-7r Turbo, water to air AEM methanol injected...every thing but the paint has been done to real type-R specs in this one, howls like an openwheel formulaOne Indy car above 6Krpm...& w/ reliability that simply cannot be beat... thae build has to be done it competely correct from rubber to steering wheel. I thank Armando for that!

This is my 5th NSX, 2nd TYPE-R and a defeninate keeper.
others had 10k miles 15k miles etc...

Brent

Old 09-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Still think either turbo or NA with increased displacement is the way to go in terms of serious power mods.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 AM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Currently on my second NSX. The only problem is the 996TT doesn't get driven as much

Old 09-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by M BADGER
I am on my 2nd Sebring Silver NA1 Coupe. I hope to always have at least one NSX in the garage.

It represents a rare moment in automotive history. The soul of a company was embodied in a singular vision that transformed the conception of the exotic car.
M BADGER...

Thank You...for that comment, my very thoughts indeed...
5th NSX here, Turbo, Meth, built, 714 HP, howls like an F1 car, set up by a very special man for very serious reliable & enjoyable HP. But none of that really matters, I enjoy what M BADGER stated the most, M BADGER you hit the nail very squarely on the head...I thank you for that

Brent

Old 09-29-2008, 01:33 PM
M BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ayrtonsennansx
M BADGER...

Thank You...for that comment, my very thoughts indeed...
5th NSX here, Turbo, Meth, built, 714 HP, howls like an F1 car, set up by a very special man for very serious reliable & enjoyable HP. But none of that really matters, I enjoy what M BADGER stated the most, M BADGER you hit the nail very squarely on the head...I thank you for that

Brent
Thanks for the compliment.

I see you bought Armando's NSX. I remember when he posted the 714 rwhp dyno chart on nsxprime and all hell broke loose (in addition to the rear tires).

Old 09-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Ummm...once again you have hit the nail very squarely on the head...

Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by M BADGER

I recently put a Comptech SC on my '91 Sebring Silver Coupe. What a difference....~350 to the wheels in a car that weighs about 2900lbs. Feels pretty good.

But then I wanted something newer....something with an open top.

So I'm buying a 2003 NA2 Targa this week.

The SC will go over to the new car. Should be about 370 to the wheels when I'm done with the other mods....but it's not the power that gets you into the NSX, it's the driving experience. I've never had more fun.

So I have 2 NSX's in my garage (or will have in a couple days). Like you said, I don't want to be without one....better to stack up and then sell.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:14 AM
PM me if you're interested in selling one of them.

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I recently put a Comptech SC on my '91 Sebring Silver Coupe. What a difference....~350 to the wheels in a car that weighs about 2900lbs. Feels pretty good.

But then I wanted something newer....something with an open top.

So I'm buying a 2003 NA2 Targa this week.

The SC will go over to the new car. Should be about 370 to the wheels when I'm done with the other mods....but it's not the power that gets you into the NSX, it's the driving experience. I've never had more fun.

So I have 2 NSX's in my garage (or will have in a couple days). Like you said, I don't want to be without one....better to stack up and then sell.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any NSX owners here?