Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Any NSX owners here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
cephas is infamous around these parts
Any NSX owners here?

Always like NSX. Might get one in the future.
How's the handling compare with Boxster or 911?

Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Handling is great..I had a 97 NSX and it felt a little more direct and absorbs the bumps better than my 02 911 C4. The 911 has a more communicative and telepathic feel than the NSX but the downside is the bumps are felt through the steering wheel. It gives you more confidence but it does suffer from snap oversteer. You have to be careful because once the NSX loses the rear end, I found it difficult to regain it.
My 911 has Porsche stability Management and keeps me in check.
The NSX was never updated with new technology which can be dangerous for a guy like me who gets too comfortable then ends up in a spin.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:24 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
I've owned 2 NSX's in the past myself, a '95 and a '97.

The NSX seems like its easier to drive and is more nimble. It's a bit of an illusion, as the NSX gives little to no warning when the back end is getting ready to come around, and then it is more difficult to gather it back up again.

The 996's will give you more room for error and is probably a litttle easier to control at the limit. I haven't driven a boxster, but my Cayman S handles tight corners better than my 996 TT.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
Does your Cayman handles better than the NSX on/off track?
I think the 2003+ have more technology...is it?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Frank Spano is infamous around these parts
I have a 02 nsx-r repllica. I will post some pics. Platinum white pearl with black interior. In my opinion the looks of the nsx are far more exotic than a porsche unless it is a gt carrera of course. Just my opinion though. Frank

Old 09-13-2008, 09:49 AM
01blacks4 is infamous around these parts
well i have both ...07 cayman S
and a turbo 93 NSX with 668 HP....

they are very very different...the cayman is better at mid to low speed turns i guess, its just easy...but for upeer mid to fast turns and driving the NSX feels MUCH MUCH more...well everything, planted better, takes the line better, delivers the power better, etc etc ....
I guess it is what you want to do, drive quick or drive fast...

IMO the nsx is much easier to drive daily also, the CS become very loud by the end of the day...and mine is stock, yet the NSX which is FAR from stock doesnt wear me out afer a couple hours like the cayman.

here is a pic of my car. I may be interested in selling it....It will not be cheap, but its hard to beat performance wise in any price range.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:05 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
You're comparing a cayman to an NSX with 668hp??
come on now.. that shouldn't even be a comparison.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:16 PM
sure...i never said which was faster, just each one would drive.....the cayman S is still pretty fun to drive...i love it for the super tight canyons around here...for the canyons in CA, i would take the NSX all day. think about who else to give a fair, unbiased comparison that someone who owns both....i dont think you will find many people who happen to have both in the garage either..

Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cephas
Does your Cayman handles better than the NSX on/off track?
I think the 2003+ have more technology...is it?

I'm not sure which car is better on the track....the Cayman S or the NSX...they both have their strengths and weakness on the track, but in the end, it's very close. I can't make that call.

As far as a which one makes a better daily driver, I would give the comfort nod to the NSX which in the long run has a more comfortable driver position and the jet-fighter ****pit feel is hard to match.

I guess the new anti profanity software won't let me use the word "co*kpit" .

Last edited by docdan; 09-28-2008 at 07:41 AM. Reason: explaining the reason for4 asterisks
Old 09-13-2008, 09:59 PM
flyinbrian has a spectacular aura aboutflyinbrian has a spectacular aura about
I'm not really in the know on NSX's, but how the hell do you get 668 hp out of a 4 banger?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
First of all, it's a 3.2 (3.0 for the pre-97's) 6 cylinder. The rest though is due to forced induction and presumably some heavy duty engine building. I believe companies like lovefab are putting together some serious, serious turbo packages for the NSX guys. Even with the comptech SC (autorotor), people have posted with 360-380RWHP which would be quite enough for me in a car like that.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Ayrtonsennansx is infamous around these parts
Mine is a NSX-R 02+ Turbo charged Methanol injected built for very serious reliable speed.

Everything but the paint has been built.

This one is Turbo charged, Garret GT-70R supports 2000 HP serious race application, with dual ball bearing.

After owning 5 NSX's including 2 type R's and a few other fast cars, the NSX is simply put a Formula One induced, Honda built reliability, Ayrton Senna tested machine...this one howls like an F1

scary accelleration. 714 HP where the rubber meets the road. Have a few sets of cracked wheels to show for it. Snap over steer is a real concern!

And an alarm system that would have put in jail within minutes...: )

Brent

Old 09-14-2008, 03:20 AM
gtr6speed is infamous around these parts
Stock NSX has a ton of body roll, and is a dog to drive. Throttle response is not that great. Car's power comes on slow.

Anti-roll bars, coilovers, and a turbo kit is what's needed.

The shape, and style is timeless, however. Still one of my favorites.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by SiNzz
First of all, it's a 3.2 (3.0 for the pre-97's) 6 cylinder. The rest though is due to forced induction and presumably some heavy duty engine building. I believe companies like lovefab are putting together some serious, serious turbo packages for the NSX guys. Even with the comptech SC (autorotor), people have posted with 360-380RWHP which would be quite enough for me in a car like that.

this car is a 3.0....all the seriouse HP cars are 3.0 as there are very few aftermarket FI pistons for the 3.2

not very heavy engine building, just pistons and sleave...i could have skipped the sleaving but owell

lovefab does make a kit, but this one is all custom, done by me in my garage.

one of these days i will add some Methanol injection and some Nitro methan like armondo did on Ayrtonsennansx's car and make a big crazy 750-800 dyno pull all from a 3.0 six

as far as the things mentioned by gtr6speed, roll etc...except for the slow to come to power comment, these are all conerns on the car....but it is old and needs that stuff replaced anyway.

i always find it funny to hear people say the car is slow in slock form, while its not FAST, it is not slow either...
here are some comparison 1/4 mile times of stock cars
car 0-60 1/4
1993 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1997 Acura NSX-T 4.8 13.3
1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4.9 13.4
2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 3.8 12.2
2003 Porsche Boxster S 5.1 13.8
2000 Lamborghini Diablo VT 4.3 12.2
2007 Lexus IS 350 4.9 13.5
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 3.9 11.7
2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 4.2 12.5

Old 09-14-2008, 11:30 AM
flyinbrian has a spectacular aura aboutflyinbrian has a spectacular aura about
I've learned my one new thing today.

I bet they are a blast pushing that much power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any NSX owners here?