Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Acura NSX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant future
'93 or '94

The early cars are nice. Lightweight w/ 5 speeds and 270hp. The '94 had driver and passenger air bags if that makes a difference. In '95 and '96 they're all targas but they still keep the 5pd and 270hp which makes them heavier and slower. In '97 they get a 20hp bump and a 6spd. The 6spd is a big plus, and the extra hp helps offset the weight increase.

If you want the lightweight ones, get a really early one but steer away from the '95 and '96. I had a '94 and loved it and drove it as a daily driver. Reliable. Exotic styling. Closest thing to a kart I've ever driven. It just needed better brakes and more power. A lot more power.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Had a '99 NSX-T, then went out and bought a '91 NSX Coupe with '02 conversion. It currently serves as my track car and can hold its own. The early cars have already depreciated and now holding steady, but they are sought after for converting to track duties.

Currently has 150Kmiles ....that's like 15K in Ferrari standards.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:31 AM
fiorano94 is infamous around these parts
If you're going for an NSX, get a 91-94 for sure! Lower weight, and they have a feeling to them that the 3.2L NSX's just don't have. If it's a 91, check to see if it is in snap ring range.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CL65Captain
I have a 2000. I wish I had bought an NA1 (3.0L). If i had, I would have had an extra $20k to spend for the LovFab Turbo, BBK and JRZ dampers.

The targa is a PITA and the extra weight sucks. If you are going for a garage queen go NA2. If you are going for a track car - NA1 with LOTS of mods.
how is the targa a PITA??

I can take mine off or put it on in under a minute.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fiorano94
If you're going for an NSX, get a 91-94 for sure! Lower weight, and they have a feeling to them that the 3.2L NSX's just don't have. If it's a 91, check to see if it is in snap ring range.

ahhh palmer
new ones have better suspension and gear boxes, and theres no added weight if you can find a coupe

the snap ring was the only real problem the car even had, and they fixed that back in 93 or so

Old 01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Auctung
ahhh palmer
new ones have better suspension and gear boxes, and theres no added weight if you can find a coupe

the snap ring was the only real problem the car even had, and they fixed that back in 93 or so
Sorry, but NA1 coupes just have a better feeling to them.

Ive ridden in a 99 and your 01 and the 91 just feels way better. 91 has a better sound, and feels like it pulls harder. Sure NA2's are faster, but i'll take an NA1 every day of the week.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Sorry, but NA1 coupes just have a better feeling to them.

Ive ridden in a 99 and your 01 and the 91 just feels way better. 91 has a better sound, and feels like it pulls harder. Sure NA2's are faster, but i'll take an NA1 every day of the week.

you have to drive one before you can judge

next year

Old 01-11-2009, 01:50 PM
you have to drive one before you can judge

next year
Permit in approx. 4 months...

Old 01-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Permit in approx. 4 months...

well if I still have it then you can drive it
if not, I guess you can settle for the Diablo

is you dad gonna let you drive the NSX or S2GAY??

Old 01-11-2009, 01:56 PM
well if I still have it then you can drive it
if not, I guess you can settle for the Diablo

is you dad gonna let you drive the NSX or S2GAY??

Funny you mention the S2000(which is one BA car, so eff off...).

It was sold...

He needed a different daily so it wouldnt get so torn up. 2009 Civic Si 4 door. It's pretty cool, but no S2000.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Funny you mention the S2000(which is one BA car, so eff off...).

It was sold...

He needed a different daily so it wouldnt get so torn up. 2009 Civic Si 4 door. It's pretty cool, but no S2000.

he went back to an Si eh
manual??

and you didnt answer the question if he'll let you drive it......

Old 01-11-2009, 01:59 PM
he went back to an Si eh
manual??

and you didnt answer the question if he'll let you drive it......
Yep, 6 speed.

And, even if he offered to let me drive it, i would turn it down. Around the block...maybe.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Yep, 6 speed.

And, even if he offered to let me drive it, i would turn it down. Around the block...maybe.

well I didnt mean to take to school and rip *** around town
I ment with him sitting there with you so you learn how to drive manual and how to handle a good car Your arent some stuck up snobby SoCal rich kid with irresponsible parents now
I doubt even you could break the NSXs tranny, no Diablo till you know what youre doing though, that breaks just cause it feals like it

Old 01-11-2009, 02:03 PM
well I didnt mean to take to school and rip *** around town
I ment with him sitting there with you so you learn how to drive manual and how to handle a good car Your arent some stuck up snobby SoCal rich kid with irresponsible parents now
I doubt even you could break the NSXs tranny, no Diablo till you know what youre doing though, that breaks just cause it feals like it
ha. Even with snap ring

Old 01-11-2009, 02:07 PM
ha. Even with snap ring

refer to post #20
back on topic
the only problem the NSX had was 91/92 snap ring failure. Spend $700 to fix it now or $7,000 to fix it when it breaks.

I think 91/92s also had the windows fall down, a simple like $25 fix prevents that.

other that that if you can break an NSX you are the problem, not the car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Acura NSX