Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Acura NSX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
Acura NSX

Just have a couple questions about the NSX... If any NSX owners want to chime in feel free
What are your thoughts on an early 90's NSX?
Were there any problems that they usually had?
Anything to look out for when purchasing one?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 12-11-2008, 10:20 AM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dan
Just have a couple questions about the NSX... If any NSX owners want to chime in feel free
What are your thoughts on an early 90's NSX?
Were there any problems that they usually had?
Anything to look out for when purchasing one?

Thanks,
Dan
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...liability.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ners-here.html

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/
Prime will be the greatest source of nsx information. Good Luck in your search.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:14 PM
glowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to behold
Nsx

I own a 1991 NSX SC.

No problems at all. This car is bulletproof. Just check for the normal stuff, no hidden crazy stuff here.

I love my Porsche but they have alot of scary hidden mechanical issues. You wont find any of that with the NSX.

Great car...put your money into mods rather than repair.

I highly reccommend getting one. They are great!

Great styling (20 years later) - lots of head turning!
No mechanical issues (NONE!)
Handles great
Could use more power (by todays standards...just add a SC and your spanking vettes...about 10K installed)...BTW...SC is a Comptech "bolt on" that used stock injectors and stock ECU...its AWESOME!
Not a great DD
Lots of mods available
Very **** following insures quality aftermarket parts

Go to www.nsxprime.com and have a look around.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
I'm not an owner, but I am an enthusiast, so I can chime in.

Timing Chain is a very important issue in purchasing an older NSX, as well as the normal issues you should look into when buying any used, older car.

Personally I think the older NSX is very outdated in style, and it lacks in the motor. I would not consider one unless it was the newer body style, but if I had no choice and had to go old I would get a 97+ since it has the 3.2 liter.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:41 AM
glowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to behold
Nsx

Timing chain/belt is always immportant to replace before they break. If they break they usually take other parts with it.

Personally I think the older NSX is very outdated in style, and it lacks in the motor. I would not consider one unless it was the newer body style, but if I had no choice and had to go old I would get a 97+ since it has the 3.2 liter.
Really? I think the NSX is still timeless. The body style is almost the same. They didnt change anything besides a face lift and that wasnt until 2002.

The 3.0 (91-94) is arguably a better motor. The hardtops will be more rigid that the Targa. (95+). I would say slower by todays standards with a stock motor but I wouldnt say lacking. The motor is a 3.0 oumping out 270hp in 1991. What is a 996...a 3.4 pumping out 295hp in 2001? The NSX was ahead of its time, no doubt and you dont have to worry aboutt "engine failure".

Old 12-12-2008, 10:49 PM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
There is a similar thread about NSX's, take a look for it.

Originally Posted by Francesco

Timing Chain is a very important issue in purchasing an older NSX, as well as the normal issues you should look into when buying any used, older car.

There is no timing chain, it's a belt, and there is nothing different about buying this "old" car then buying any other old car in regards to belts etc..

As far as style. '91 to '01 has the same front end, the newer have the open headlights. Personally I like the pop up's better. Either way, the styling is timeless and with a good drop and some wheels, it's beautiful.

To get the most info, I'd go to nsxprime.com/forums . There is a new/perspective owner section.. that is a great place to learn about NSX's. Like any car, you should know about them before you jump in.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:49 AM
2JZ-NSX is infamous around these parts
How about these pics.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
^^^ very nice!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
That is beautiful!

I am trying to find out some information about the vehicle. The dealer said he had all service records but could not provide it when I went to see the vehicle.. Apparently the timing belt was already done but the clutch has not. The car has 63,000 miles.

I tried calling the dealership it was purchased from Acura of Ridgeland, MS and they couldn't provide me with information about service history.

Is there any other way I can get some more information?!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:25 PM
01blacks4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Francesco

thats just stupid, the 3.2 make 20 more HP than the 3.0, but weighs much more, so it is about even.

also the 3.2 is not as easy to mad or take to the next level...
i love how enthusiasts always have such strong ideas and opinions.....

the headlight styling is subjective...i have had both at the same time....both are ok...but ill take the 3.0 over the 3.2 anyday.

for what its worth, the "old 3.0" is still faster than the s2000...even 15 years later

Old 12-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by glowone
Timing chain/belt is always immportant to replace before they break. If they break they usually take other parts with it.

Really? I think the NSX is still timeless. The body style is almost the same. They didnt change anything besides a face lift and that wasnt until 2002.

The 3.0 (91-94) is arguably a better motor. The hardtops will be more rigid that the Targa. (95+). I would say slower by todays standards with a stock motor but I wouldnt say lacking. The motor is a 3.0 oumping out 270hp in 1991. What is a 996...a 3.4 pumping out 295hp in 2001? The NSX was ahead of its time, no doubt and you dont have to worry aboutt "engine failure".
I think the lines and body are still very relevant today but I have to agree about the interior.....it's a little outdated. But hey, add some new seats, CF trim and you're good to go.

Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Alleykat is infamous around these parts
I just picked up an nsx not too long ago aswell.The design is timeless imo.If you get an early model just do the 2002 conversion and your set.As for the 3.2 being so much better than the 3.0? Well no not really.I dont see the big deal since they are both still slow.I love the car but coming from another car with WAY more power,paying way more $ for .2 more of a motor with minimal power gains just doesnt seem smart.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 PM
CL65Captain is infamous around these parts
I have a 2000. I wish I had bought an NA1 (3.0L). If i had, I would have had an extra $20k to spend for the LovFab Turbo, BBK and JRZ dampers.

The targa is a PITA and the extra weight sucks. If you are going for a garage queen go NA2. If you are going for a track car - NA1 with LOTS of mods.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:37 PM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
If you guys like RED car. You should look for the Acura NSX Zanardi Edition but there are only 50 made and very hard to find.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 PM
FormulaC30 is infamous around these parts
Widebody NSX's with the 02 facelift look up to date with todays cars IMO =D

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Acura NSX