Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.
View Poll Results: For the money, I'd take the...
Porsche Cayman S
52.33%
Nissan 370Z
26.74%
Neither, there are better options out there
20.93%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Motive: 370Z vs Cayman S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Cayman s mk2...

Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 AM
FaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to behold
I would not call it a pig, just heavy

I still like the looks of it

Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 AM
StiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FaFaSupra
the nissan is to heavy

isn't the supra way heavier? like 3700-3800 lbs?

Old 01-19-2009, 02:53 PM
EvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by StiRulz
isn't the supra way heavier? like 3700-3800 lbs?

Isn't your Sti heavy as well...JK

supras are heavy, but their motors can kill....

Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM
xxbmwbimmerxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxbmwbimmerxx has a spectacular aura about
the 370 looks like a choad

Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
The 370z is heavy compared to the Cayman S but its lighter than the EVO, STI, latest Mustang and Camaro, Hyundai Genesis coupe, Audi TT etc in other words most of its competition. Bet you it beats all of them on a roadcourse as well. Hell the 06 350z killed the deadly EVO MR by 1 second at VIR in one test so this 370z should do the same to the EVO X et al.

The fact that it hangs with the outgoing Cayman S model says alot about its capabilities despite its 300lb disadvantage to the CS. Not the prettiest Z ever by any means but its a very capable track car in the right hands.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Between the two I'll take the Cayman S

Old 01-20-2009, 10:49 AM
IPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud of
i am really liking the new design of the new 370z -- i had a 350z in the past and it just didn't do enough stuff well to keep it but with the new look and performance of the 370z that would be a nice car to have.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Shane D is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

I haven't been a Z car fan since the 70's, but that new style is getting to me. And for LESS than a 3yr old basic Cayman S??
No snob factor, but HALF the price of a somewhat loaded Cayman S in Canada!

My Infiniti dealer (also Nissan in the same bldg) invited me back to try one out next month. I can't wait!

Shane D

Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 PM
ActionJaxon is infamous around these parts
lol @ everyone saying sti/evo

but yeh i would also go sti/evo for the price.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Evo X and a trip to Ibiza with my extra cash

Old 02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Cayman S!

There is no substitute.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:36 PM
evets is infamous around these parts
Dollar for dollar its hard not to give the 370Z the nod. Cayman S - great car but not a real value for the inflated cost. The Z has a great racing heritage though not the mystique of the Porshe lineage. Still, bottom-line, I'll take the Z please!

Old 02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Chicks will dig the Cayman more, end of story.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:25 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ekam
Chicks will dig the Cayman more, end of story.

Because you need a car to get a chick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motive: 370Z vs Cayman S