Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Sold my NSX...went a little more...old school

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:23 PM
ctzn is infamous around these parts
Really beautiful, I would love to pic up one of these as a project car/track car. Look forward to updates.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Should be a fun project. I've always liked them.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Lateapex34 is infamous around these parts
great looking car! how much do you think it would cost to build something similar? i love the way it looks

Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
Honestly, I couldn't tell you what it would cost to build something similar as the previous owner put most of the work into the car himself as well as using pieces that he had kept from years past ( the louvres and whale tail ).

The total cost of the car and then modifications bought was around $20K that Tony put into it, but it was sanded down to bare metal and painted. That in itself would cost a decent amount if you didn't do it yourself. The car was already very nice interior-wise.

If I had to put a finger on it, I would say close to $30K to build a similar S30Z.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:50 AM
1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of
S30Z with L28 + Midnight Wangan = The main reason why I felt in love with this car; might sound lame, but can be compared with how the kids fall in love with AE86 after Initial-D couple years ago. hahaha

great looking S30Z btw, looks like in prestine condition!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:38 AM
drektek is infamous around these parts
wow. that's a fine machine

Old 06-04-2009, 10:21 PM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 1JDM911
S30Z with L28 + Midnight Wangan = The main reason why I felt in love with this car; might sound lame, but can be compared with how the kids fall in love with AE86 after Initial-D couple years ago. hahaha

great looking S30Z btw, looks like in prestine condition!
Thanks

I'm a big fan of the series as well. Definitely keeps the pride and mystique of the S30Zs going. The 86 was a cool car too. I have a buddy with one.

The S30Z is a very sentimental car with a serious racing heritage, not unlike the 911, to boot.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
beautiful car! GL with the project!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks!

New pics coming soon.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
GTsolutions is infamous around these parts
I have a soft spot for datsun/nissan Z's. Nice clean example as well. How much was it/are they going for now and days if i can ask?

EDIT:

Saw the post above you gave in response to price.

Any good updated sites for info on restoring z's? Im pulling a pitchman on the gf to see if we can add a project like this to the stable for next year lol.

Last edited by GTsolutions; 06-15-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 PM
KiokenM3 is infamous around these parts
thats dope

Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
That car is awesome. I would definitely love driving that around town!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by GTsolutions
I have a soft spot for datsun/nissan Z's. Nice clean example as well. How much was it/are they going for now and days if i can ask?

EDIT:

Saw the post above you gave in response to price.

Any good updated sites for info on restoring z's? Im pulling a pitchman on the gf to see if we can add a project like this to the stable for next year lol.
For restoring Z's, the best place to go I would say is classiczcars.com. They have some knowledgeable "period correct" guys that could steer you in the right direction and are fairly amiable. Other sites such as zcar.com and hybridz.org are more oriented toward modifications, but I've definitely been rubbed the wrong way on both sites on more than one occasion. More of a "read and don't get involved" forum.

The best info you could find on those websites is advice on what to look for before you buy that Z you're looking at, specifically the dreaded rust cancer.

They're a blast to drive and get tons of props because everyone remembers someone who had one. Happy hunting!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Got an update.

I've ironed out all the issues with the car and she runs like a top. She's a beast. Here's some recent pictures I took of the car.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 PM
photogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nicephotogS is just really nice
nice ride, congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold my NSX...went a little more...old school