Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Sold my NSX...went a little more...old school

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:57 PM
nbpua7TLType-S is infamous around these parts
nice z!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Mar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud of
hey might know who bought your car, who/where did you sell it? Also, what exhaust do you have on there (you can pm me if you don't wanna post this info on here)

Old 04-13-2010, 05:30 PM
503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all
What brand is the front bumper you have currently?

Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 AM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mar48
hey might know who bought your car, who/where did you sell it? Also, what exhaust do you have on there (you can pm me if you don't wanna post this info on here)
I sold the car almost exactly a year ago to a man near Kennesaw, GA just north of Atlanta. I'm not sure if you mean the NSX or the Z, but the NSX had the Taitec JGTC Parallel on it before the new owner removed it and put the OEM exhaust back on, and the Z is a mandrel bent fab'd 2.5" exhaust from the downpipe back with a midpipe resonator.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:24 AM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 503Alex
What brand is the front bumper you have currently?
It's the MSA Type 3. Apparently it's been proven to be one of the best airdams for aero concerns since the Z has issues in that department, but I like the Type 1 much better.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Mar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud of
Oh gotcha, nvm then my friend bought a 91 this past summer and it has a different exhaust

Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 PM
New picture:

Last edited by usafdarkhorse; 05-09-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Moved to Texas and having a very well known Porsche shop in the Knoxville area, European Auto Garage, rewire my electric fans up front to work solely off the coolant temp sensor rather than through the megasquirt and its interpretation of the coolant temp. Seemed simpler with far fewer relays and I wanted to have it done before coming down here to TX, but I probably could have done it here.

Wanting to do a few things to the Z once she gets here, but I won't have much time here soon enough.

I'm already starting to plot my comeback to the NSX world which will occur sometime next year. I will still keep the Z however so the NSX can be its stablemate.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 PM
ryneen is infamous around these parts
Nsx

Killer Z.
I have a 91 NSX that is my track car. I'm in the market now for a GT3, but I don't believe I can ever sell my NSX since it's such an incredible car.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by ryneen
Killer Z.
I have a 91 NSX that is my track car. I'm in the market now for a GT3, but I don't believe I can ever sell my NSX since it's such an incredible car.
Hey I appreciate it.

Don't ever sell the NSX haha. You'll regret it. There's just something special about the car.

I'm counting down the days and months until I can get into another one.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:42 AM
evodecal is infamous around these parts
like it but love the nsx more

Old 08-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Went to a state-wide Texas Nissans meet in San Marcos, TX, and a someone snagged a few shots of the car.

Already starting to collect parts for the 240Z front end swap. I just received the early S30 front bumper brackets and turn signals in the mail. Waiting to order the Type 1 front airdam and fiberglass front bumper from MSA. Still looking for OEM Fairlady mirrors to replace the Hellas on the fenders. Removed the fuel pressure gauge from the outboard inspection panel and am mounting it in the dash via an isolator.

Gonna see if Diamond Racing will make me some mags, 17x10" +0 fronts, 17x12" -10 rears, then run 255s up front with 305s in the rear.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:24 PM
A few updates:

Went back and forth about selling my G35 in order to get something different, like an S2000 or ITR. Finally made the decision to sell the car, but instead I opted to pay down a good portion of my loan. I'm about 8 months out from being debt-free. I plan on buying another NSX when I finish pilot training here in just over a year or so and I'll still have the Z with me.

I had been on the look out for 240Z front end parts when a buddy of mine from NSXPrime shot me an ad on zcar.com .

Long story short, from looking at the ad, to talking with the seller, to paypal, was 10 minutes. I snagged a pair of the real deal OEM Fairlady Z mirrors in black. Not reproductions. They're real, and they're impossible to find.
Here's a pic:

Old 02-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Damage is infamous around these parts
any update on this car?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 AM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
If you do end up removing the ZX hood scoop, make sure you at least install the late 280z vents or you will end up with vapor lock and misfire issues when starting the car after a 15 minute hot soak (like when you come out of the video store).

If you get issues with it, you can install the factory 280zx turbo injector cooling air blower but it is pretty ugly......but very effective.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold my NSX...went a little more...old school