Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Project RX8 Fully Equipped with 20B Motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Herblenny is infamous around these parts
I used to have an RX8 and they are pretty comfortable... But not as comfortable as the Cosmo.. Fun factor? Well, 8s definitely more fun than Cosmo and I'm sure with 3 rotor it might be more fun.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:04 AM
kukri is infamous around these parts
I've never driven a Cosmo, but RX8 felt really nice when I drove it. I guess it's not on park with cars like SC430 but I couldn't tell a difference

Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Herblenny is infamous around these parts
You should get RX8 and put boosted LS3 in it. But why not get a Z06 instead..

Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Just got the custom DriveShaft installed. We have built custom braces to that will be installed. All that will be together by the end of the day then all we have is plumbing

Old 06-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
About to start work on the FMIC piping. All 3inch aluminum piping. That is a Garrett core too. All the room we got! Got the INGS bumper inplace. Here we go!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Gorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud of
That GT37 is just a restriction...

Old 06-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Gorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud ofGorilla RE has much to be proud of
...remove it and replace it with an adequate sized turbocharger.

Last edited by Gorilla RE; 06-25-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
We are running a GT42

Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by vividracing
We are running a GT42
T6 or T4? Good to hear! Because in your orignal build post you said GT37.

-J

Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
I could be wrong. I will find out the exact stats

Old 06-25-2010, 11:59 AM
The picture of the turbo mock up is not a gt42.

-J

Old 06-28-2010, 12:52 PM
cure4cancer is infamous around these parts
i bet that rx8 is going to be bad fast. Have you taken it to the track yet?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Which rear end are you running?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor
Here comes all the good stuff! We are wrapping up the custom intercooler pipeing, turbo mounting with downpipe and connecting the exhaust. Hopefully all the "plumbing" will be done mid next week. Then we can attached the exhaust with those *****in Titanium Renesis Exhaust tips from Knight Sports

Old 07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
FRC Z51 is infamous around these parts
I foresee some major cooling issues with the IC and AC condenser blocking the radiator. 20B's are much harder than 13B's to keep cool, and 13b's are even a pain. Been there, done that, a few times actually.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project RX8 Fully Equipped with 20B Motor