Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

2010 Nissan 370Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
pondjumper is infamous around these partspondjumper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ChrisScat
I would get a Nismo 370Z as the only viable upgrade to mine based on my mods. You can get your hands on one for around $40k and beat Porsche 911's, Cayman S, M3, you name it. It is really an incredible car from what I hear.

The color of the one in your picture is amazing; Black Cherry they call it.

As far as the normal 370Z, you can get them for under $30k which is amazing. Its so much car for that amount of money!! Nothing else in the price range can even compete as far as performance, comfort, reliability, prestige, anything. What else can you get for $30k? Mustang GT? LOL
Beat a 911 or M3 at what?

Good car, I'm thinking about one as a daily

Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Lamborghini12 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JT3
The interior is vastly improved, I'd rock another one.

Major potential.
i bet it is. awesome. yes it does.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by pondjumper
Beat a 911 or M3 at what?

Good car, I'm thinking about one as a daily
beat a 911 or m3 at a race. if it's not that then i don't know what he means. this is an awesome car.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 PM
ChrisScat is infamous around these parts
pondjumper needs to do some research on track times

Old 08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
ok then. but what about on the autobahn?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lamborghini12
ok then. but what about on the autobahn?
What about it? You mean to ask which car would win in an all out straight-line race? Definitely not the Nismo Z, the department it shines in is handling.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
What about it? You mean to ask which car would win in an all out straight-line race? Definitely not the Nismo Z, the department it shines in is handling.
i love the autobahn. ok then what about on a drift course?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I haven't heard of any 370's drifting yet, all the pro drift teams are still using the 350Z. Seems like the 370 is more setup for road course type of racing.

and my post count isn't high enough to reply to PMs yet, but I responded to you in the visitor message.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I haven't heard of any 370's drifting yet, all the pro drift teams are still using the 350Z. Seems like the 370 is more setup for road course type of racing.

and my post count isn't high enough to reply to PMs yet, but I responded to you in the visitor message.
i haven't either. road course type of racing is awesome. but i like drift courses better though. it's ok then. ok i will check.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 PM
pondjumper is infamous around these partspondjumper is infamous around these parts
If you've done research why not just tell us?

I've heard of them getting close in 0-60 to a manual M3, but I've seen claims from 4.7 to 5.2, with only motor trend saying it's well under five. Not even a close race vs a pdk M3. And for the 911, I'm throwing the BS flag on you there.

They haven't even gotten a track test for the z on the 'ring yet and that's pretty much the final say on street cars in most expert opinions.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:00 PM

I've heard of them getting close in 0-60 to a manual M3, but I've seen claims from 4.7 to 5.2, with only motor trend saying it's well under five. Not even a close race vs a pdk M3. And for the 911, I'm throwing the BS flag on you there.

They haven't even gotten a track test for the z on the 'ring yet and that's pretty much the final say on street cars in most expert opinions.
awesomeness. well they should get a track test for the Z.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:01 PM

Umm...you know I'm talking about the NISMO Z right? The NORMAL 370Z tied the Cayman S in lap times according to the Road & Track comparison test. The Cayman S is also supposed to have close, if not faster, lap times than the 911 depending on course layout, and the Nismo Z is significantly quicker than the normal 370Z.

I don't know why you're throwing up irrelevant 0-60 times, those only matter...never. Everything from pavement temperature, tire tempurature, tire pressure, launch rpm's, elevation, etc will all drastically change that time. I used to be an NHRA tech inspector, did it for 3 years straight, and I know how hard it is to get a perfect launch down for a consistant 0-60 time; almost impossible with so many variables.

Bottom line, we will wait to see some numbers once the Nismo gets some official lap times

Last edited by ChrisScat; 08-04-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Umm...you know I'm talking about the NISMO Z right? The NORMAL 370Z tied the Cayman S in lap times according to the Road & Track comparison test. The Cayman S is also supposed to have close, if not faster, lap times than the 911 depending on course layout, and the Nismo Z is significantly quicker than the normal 370Z.

I don't know why you're throwing up irrelevant 0-60 times, those only matter...never. Everything from pavement temperature, tire tempurature, tire pressure, launch rpm's, elevation, etc will all drastically change that time. I used to be an NHRA tech inspector, did it for 3 years straight, and I know how hard it is to get a perfect launch down for a consistant 0-60 time; almost impossible with so many variables.

Bottom line, we will wait to see some numbers once the Nismo gets some official lap times
They matter for a street car

And those things matter for a road course as well, so the question remains... unanswered

Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 PM

wow you use to be a national hot rod association tech inpector. that is so amazing. drag racing is so amazing. but when they wreck it's horrible.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:26 PM
chris410 is infamous around these parts
I recently traded my Cooper S in on a 7-speed 370Z which is Pearl White. As someone said earlier, the car is quite a bit for the money. I got the touring package and I'm very happy with it. Car moves pretty quickly as well...I haven't timed mine yet but road tests are consistent at 4.6 to 4.7 second 0-60 and 13.1 quarter mile times...not too shabby! I didn't buy it to race but open it up from a stop and it really does get to 60-70mph FAST and the exhaust note is pretty nice for an OEM system.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Nissan 370Z