Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Laguna Seca: NSX & 997GT3RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:43 PM
ryneen is infamous around these parts
Laguna Seca: NSX & 997GT3RS

I've had my '91 Acura NSX for 9 years and have tracked it about 30 times. The motor is bone stock except for I/H/E. It has Penske double adjustable coil overs, non compliance bushings, BBK, full stock interior and R compound tires. It is truly and amazing car and I'm not sure if can ever sell it. However, I'm starting to look at purchasing a GT3. The top of my list is the 997GT3RS in GREEN. I was at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago with Trackmasters and was fortunate enough to get this video while running in the Advanced group. I'm driving my current favorite car of all time (NSX) and following my future favorite car of all time (GT3RS). I ran a 1:42.87 during the weekend, which is very impressive for a 19 year old car with a bone stock motor with 104k miles on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHLKTpL_8s

Old 04-02-2010, 01:16 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
very nice...........i ended up watcing the whole thing.......looks like you had a great time!

makes me want an NSX even more........possibly as my next car.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you should be proud...it took Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) all day to break two minutes in a prepared NSX..what a ******

Old 04-02-2010, 03:35 PM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
Excellent vid. I leave in 3 wks to do Skip Barber 3 day school out there. Can't wait!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
you should be proud...it took Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) all day to break two minutes in a prepared NSX..what a ******
Thanks. I'm going to be adding a functional rear wing and front splitter soon. I think that should get me to 1:39... I hope.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 PM
PKIM is infamous around these parts
Dud you rock!
nice vid...hope to drive like you someday...

Old 04-05-2010, 05:43 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
nice video, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Well done indeed!

Old 04-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Well done indeed!
Thanks for the good word.

I've been hunting around for a GT3 for a while now. What approximate laptimes does a stock 996 GT3 and 997 GT3 on R compounds turn at Laguna Seca with a good driver (not a pro, but an instructor level driver)? Just curious.

Even if I buy the GT3 somewhere down the line, I'm probably going to keep the NSX since it's close to my heart and has been such a phenomenal car. I think I'm just going to add a proper aero setup (splitter, flat undertray and high downforce/low drag wing) with goals to getting under 1:40 at Seca with the stock motor, interior, seats etc. Just a personal goal.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by SevenSisters
Excellent vid. I leave in 3 wks to do Skip Barber 3 day school out there. Can't wait!
I did the Skip Barber 3 day racing school a few years ago at California Speedway. It was great. I learned a lot including proper heal-toe downshifting and throwing the car around at it's limit. You're going to have a blast!

Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Suprawillis is infamous around these parts
Very Nice! Do you happen to have an accusump in your NSX? I have been to a few track events in mine, but have held back for lack of NSX due to time and schedule. Are they an absolute must for the track?

Old 04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Suprawillis
Very Nice! Do you happen to have an accusump in your NSX? I have been to a few track events in mine, but have held back for lack of NSX due to time and schedule. Are they an absolute must for the track?
I didn't have an accusump for my first 10 or so track events. I wasn't quick enough and wasn't pulling enough G's to warrant an Accusump. As soon as I started driving much quicker and running R compounds I added a baffled oil pan, an accusump and an oil cooler. In reality I probably could have got away with just a good baffled oil pan, but I wanted to be extra safe.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:30 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
I have a soft spot for nsx's.

Awesome cars.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:19 AM
sennaf1 is infamous around these parts
Great vid. and great driving..

Old 04-11-2010, 02:12 PM
chuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura about
Awesome vid. You're one hell of a driver.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca: NSX & 997GT3RS