Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Complete Makeover: 1994 BPU Supra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:08 PM
996Yayo is infamous around these parts
so i finally got the front calipers done and put them all back on the car:

...and the motor is ready to go back in...i took the condenser back out so that i wouldn't bash a hold in it putting the motor back in like i did taking the motor out lol...and i took the FMIC out to get to the condenser:

a pic of the 2JZ-GTE & the V160 while they're out:

the stock twins:

...and a cool paint shot:

i should have the motor in early this week, and i'm hoping to have the final details worked out within another week or two. i haven't spoken to Paul in a while, so i'll have to call him and see how he's doing with the hood. he'll have to install the sideskirts too. it also turns out that the guy who i'm getting the Axis Pentas from is going to be busy for the rest of the major league baseball season, so i'm probably going to have to repaint the stock wheels to work with the new paint and get spacers in the mean time...

Old 05-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Ohmygee is just really niceOhmygee is just really niceOhmygee is just really niceOhmygee is just really niceOhmygee is just really nice
Very Nice build. Can't wait to see the finished pics.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
IN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the rough
That is quite the buildup. In for updates as well.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Ohmygee is just really niceOhmygee is just really niceOhmygee is just really niceOhmygee is just really niceOhmygee is just really nice
Great build can't wait for final product

Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Wow not sure how I have missed this so far, but it looks amazing.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:02 PM
chrisallen is infamous around these parts
Love the build so far. Sorry to get alittle off course here but you got any pics of the MK3 VW in background here?

im a VW Fanboi at heart

Looks like a VW Jetta Coupe I remember from back in the day

Old 05-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by chrisallen
Love the build so far. Sorry to get alittle off course here but you got any pics of the MK3 VW in background here?

im a VW Fanboi at heart

Looks like a VW Jetta Coupe I remember from back in the day
unfortunately no, i don't have any pictures of the "hybrid" in the background, and you're probably going to be even more disappointed that i don't have pics once i give you the low down. its actualy a MK3 GTI front end and a MK3 Jetta rear end welded together. basically it was one hell of a clean project car a long time ago. but the one thing that wasn't done right were the seam welds - as the body & chassis flexed over time, the paint started to crack and reveal the seam welds. so my buddy Shawn who runs Fifteen52 (the shop where the cars are at) re-did the welds and had the car refinished.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:21 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
rock on.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 PM
UPDATE:
well i know i said that the motor would be in early last week, but as usual, there are always set backs. this time it was just getting a few people there at one time so that we could get the motor back in...well it finally happened tonight. we didn't have a cherry picker, so we used the lift to hold the motor, rolled the car into place below it, and lowered the motor in slowly:

...bolted up the drive shaft, and got the tranny and motor mounts in place. as you can see, i still gotta run the portion of the harness that comes off the motor. but i figure the car will be running by the end of the week. i suspect at this point that the only things that might keep me from finishing the whole project by the end of the week would be getting my hood back, getting the side skirts installed, and getting some pieces of glass installed. but i'll be in touch w/ Paul to coordinate all of that.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Hell of a build up!!!! Looking good too!!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 07:12 AM
thanks for all the support and compliments everyone

...i'll be wrenching away tonight as well. i hope to get all (or most) of the hoses, lines, and harness clips re-connected tonight. hopefully i'll start adding fluids tomorrow, depending on how far i get tonight.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 AM
chrisallen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996Yayo
unfortunately no, i don't have any pictures of the "hybrid" in the background, and you're probably going to be even more disappointed that i don't have pics once i give you the low down. its actualy a MK3 GTI front end and a MK3 Jetta rear end welded together. basically it was one hell of a clean project car a long time ago. but the one thing that wasn't done right were the seam welds - as the body & chassis flexed over time, the paint started to crack and reveal the seam welds. so my buddy Shawn who runs Fifteen52 (the shop where the cars are at) re-did the welds and had the car refinished.
Yep, I remember the build thread for that car. Its actually a Jetta with the Golf/GTI rear quarter panels welded it Thanks for the run down!! Now lets see this supra on the road

Old 06-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Jesse_Boyer is infamous around these parts
need more updates man!

Last edited by Jesse_Boyer; 08-23-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 AM
oh man, i almost forgot about some of the build threads i have going on several forums. i know the last time i posted an update was when the motor went back in. i had planned on having it running by the end of that week, but upon connecting all the harness plugs/sensors/switches/etc, the motor wouldn't start. it turns over, but just doesn't start. we've done quite a bit of troubleshooting since then, and have come to find out that the fuel pump is in working order, despite not priming when i turn the key to accessory. there is also no spark, as we found out by checking cylinders 1 & 2. when we realized there was no fuel or spark, we immediately started to investigate the condition of the crank position sensor, which, as some of you probably already know will cause the ECU not allow fuel or spark if the sensor is bad. well i tested the resistance across the sensor, and everything checked out. i replaced it anyways just to make doubly sure, but still the car does not start. i've also double and triple checked all my grounds. clearly i have some electrical gremlins to deal with. but i'm not a certified mechanic, nor am i an electrician, so i suspect it may take me some time to track down the root of the problem. i would love to give you updates every few days, but i'm at a point where progress is slow-going...

as far as the body work goes, Paul has reinstalled some of the glass, and will finish the rest very soon. i installed the APR GT3 mirrirs a few days ago, but haven't taken any pitcures yet. the rear wing will be going on very soon (in the next week or so). the side skirts and front bumper will remain off the car until we've got the engine running and we're done leaning all over the car and constantly putting here up and down on the lift.

another update is that my plans for wheels fell through. if you'll recall at the very beginning of the build, a pitcher for the Seattle Mariners sold me some parts for my build, and we actually planning on just giving me his current wheel/tire setup, as he planned on just getting new wheels and tires. well his plans changed and he ended up selling the car with the wheels and tires on it. so the bad news is that i'm not getting wheels & tires for free. but i guess the good thing is that now i can choose the wheels i want, within budget of course. so i'll keep you all updated on what i do for wheels. i may have to roll on the stockers for a short while, but i cannot keep stock wheels on a car with as much body work as mine, so expect new wheels in the near future...

Eric