Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

My lil Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
flyinbrian has a spectacular aura aboutflyinbrian has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 20-C4-10
great looking ride, super clean, perhaps some red brembos to complement the pinstripes? or red lug nuts at the least?
Agreed. Great looking car, and some red Brembo's would make it that much better.

I love a subtle, we done car like this. Good job.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:09 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks good, great shots!

Old 09-09-2010, 01:34 AM
S2King is infamous around these parts
SICK ride , love your shots

Old 09-09-2010, 01:02 PM
bumpinjeep is infamous around these parts
Red Brembos will be coming too. It desperately needs them.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
great car man very clean

Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 PM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bumpinjeep
Totally understandable. I am shocked at the crap I see out there. I cant stand kids who buy fake wheels these days. Kind of sad really.
Nice ride, but I have to reply to your statement about 'fake' wheels. I'm far from a kid, and I have no problem running Rotas on my STi. They look good, they drive just fine, they are durable, and at 1/4 of the cost of the Advans that they copied, I can afford to do other things to my car with the money left over. In 18x9, my Rotas are ~20lbs each, only 2 lbs heavier than the Advans in the same size. Hardly worth the $2k price difference for a street car/daily driver. Function > Form

By contrast, I put OZ Alleggeritas on my S2K - they come in under 14 lbs each in 17" and were under $1200 for the set, new. That car is driven ~3000 miles per year, versus nearly 20,000 that I will put on the STi. Performance wise, these OZ wheels are better than all but two JDM wheels available for the S2K fitments, but are looked down on because they aren't JDM. I guess supplying wheels to F1 teams doesn't cut it for some guys.

Anyway, I just thought it ironic that you hesitated to post your car since it isn't a European exotic, but then turn around and knock guys for running non-JDM wheels. If you've got the coin to drop on the real deal, go for it. I'd rather put the money into things that make the car perform better than worry about brand image or having something 'fake' on my car.

Cheers

Last edited by SevenSisters; 09-13-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:39 PM
misdeismo is infamous around these parts
Love the TA ce2n's they go really well on the 350z. I also have TA but Honda edition white and red. Nice work thus far.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by SevenSisters
Anyway, I just thought it ironic that you hesitated to post your car since it isn't a European exotic, but then turn around and knock guys for running non-JDM wheels. If you've got the coin to drop on the real deal, go for it. I'd rather put the money into things that make the car perform better than worry about brand image or having something 'fake' on my car.

Cheers
Just a heads up, clearly this isn't anything personal but here are my two cents. If Nissan made a car that look identical in every way to a Porsche 911, but was made cheaply and performed worse in every aspect and called it a Nissan 350Z, I sure as hell wouldn't buy it and my excuse wouldn't be well it costs 1/4 of the price but its half as fast or it corners half as well.
No one is knocking you for "non JDM" wheels, its the fact that a company totally ripped off a wheel design, made a cheap cast copy, and sold it. I respect companies that make original design wheels. Rota, Vortesenn, etc have no respect in my book. There are much better options like Enkei RPF1s that are lighter but didn't steal the design of a quality wheel. Performance wise, wheels are tires make a huge difference with rotational mass, 2 lbs per corner do make a difference if you are tracking your car.
Again, im not knocking you, this isn't anything personal. Just an open discussion.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:58 AM
supra13 is infamous around these parts
Lookin' clean! What front bumper and sides are on it?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
I usually don't like 350z's, but this one is done very well.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
wasuber is infamous around these parts
Nice Nissan dude!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Apex Aaron has much to be proud ofApex Aaron has much to be proud ofApex Aaron has much to be proud ofApex Aaron has much to be proud ofApex Aaron has much to be proud ofApex Aaron has much to be proud ofApex Aaron has much to be proud ofApex Aaron has much to be proud of
Love the car looks sharp!

Originally Posted by bumpinjeep
No one is knocking you for "non JDM" wheels, its the fact that a company totally ripped off a wheel design, made a cheap cast copy, and sold it. I respect companies that make original design wheels. Rota, Vortesenn, etc have no respect in my book. There are much better options like Enkei RPF1s that are lighter but didn't steal the design of a quality wheel. Performance wise, wheels are tires make a huge difference with rotational mass, 2 lbs per corner do make a difference if you are tracking your car.
Again, im not knocking you, this isn't anything personal. Just an open discussion.
I think that JDM in import crowds means everything and other products are frowned upon. SevenSisters example of the OZ racing wheels is a prime example of a great product that is simply not JDM so is looked down upon. I like a lot of JDM stuff but I dont necessarily think it always warrants huge pricetags. ARC products for example a FMIC for an Evo runs $2400 new where as something from Extreme Turbo System or AMS would be cheaper and provide better performance.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by wasuber
Nice Nissan dude!
Thank you, I noticed you have one too.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Apex Aaron
Love the car looks sharp!
I think that JDM in import crowds means everything and other products are frowned upon. SevenSisters example of the OZ racing wheels is a prime example of a great product that is simply not JDM so is looked down upon. I like a lot of JDM stuff but I dont necessarily think it always warrants huge pricetags. ARC products for example a FMIC for an Evo runs $2400 new where as something from Extreme Turbo System or AMS would be cheaper and provide better performance.
Any ARC product is expensive. They are quality parts, but very expensive. Quality wheels on the other hand are expensive but def worth the price because they are asthetically pleasing and actually make the vehicle perform better. Yes if you are a brand ***** then go for it, but I dont see how it should make any difference if what you are looking for is performance only. Wheels are completely different, they serve two functions, performance and looks. Fake wheels steal look of the quality wheel and offer less performance enhancement. I do see your point on FMICs though.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:34 PM
1cardude is infamous around these parts
clean as can be...very nice!