Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

My RX7 FD3S Re-Amemiya Twin Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:36 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
LMAO reflect-a-gold LOLOLOL!!! Awesome build man!!

Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM
curacaosfinest is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PennywiseG35S
What shop do you work at?
i work with ISS Forged down here in So.FLA

the only 3 piece wheel company left in florida that isnt involved in any drama lol
i swear you get into any of the other 3 piece forged companies out here, and it likes you're watching a novella every day of your life

Old 12-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by cuemaster
very nice, whats that gold wrap called?
yup its called Reflect-a-gold

stuff is awesome

i can grab and full force hold my intake pipes after 30 min. road course sessions

I'm completely in love with the stuff and i will put it everywhere i can lol

Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 AM
PennywiseG35S is infamous around these parts
Come on, where's the updates? You are slacking this year!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
haha I'm on vacation with the family at the moment

i'll be back soon and posting up lots more updates no worries

Old 01-02-2012, 05:30 PM
swift996 is infamous around these parts
Nice ride, I've owned 3 RX7s and a RX8. I plan to get a hold of a FD when I get a garage again one day. Such an amazing car.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice

Sweet build. I've never seen an upgraded twin turbo setup like that. Another one that makes me miss my old FD. I was the original owner of the car and had it almost 17 years before an idiot on the road cut me off and forced me into the median. Mine had well over $50K into it without labor and was putting out over 400 rwhp on a big single turbo running at only 13 psi. This is a fairly early picture of mine before the Sparco Rev seats, 6-point harnesses, custom brake ducting, and other upgrades. Ended up replacing it with an Exige.

Attached Images  

Last edited by mavila; 01-04-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by mavila
Sweet build. I've never seen an upgraded twin turbo setup like that. Another one that makes me miss my old FD. I was the original owner of the car and had it almost 17 years before an idiot on the road cut me off and forced me into the median. Mine had well over $50K into it without labor and was putting out over 400 rwhp on a big single turbo running at only 13 psi. This is a fairly early picture of mine before the Sparco Rev seats, 6-point harnesses, custom brake ducting, and other upgrades. Ended up replacing it with an Exige.
wow she was a beauty man

sorry to hear about your loss

thats the only thing that scares me about putting so much into them, that at no fault of my own it all gets taken away

you should pick up another one while they're still cheap though!!

Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
I looked around for about 6 months and couldn't find a decent one. At that point I gave up and went with the Exige. Of course after I bought the Exige I did find one I would have considered. I was extremely **** with the car and went for 17 years without a single ding. I pulled into parking garages, drove around, and paid $5 to leave because I didn't find a space I liked. My car had the original paint and most people thought the car was new or repainted. What did push me over the edge and lean against another FD was the increasing costs of new engines. I was told a MANA reman is now around $7K because of the increasing rarity of good rotors and housings.

I really wanted another FD given my investment in the car (I had an entire public storage space full of spare and aftermarket parts for the car, including every OEM piece taken off the car). I had 3 sets of wheels, 2 engines, 2 full double-adjustable suspension sets, 3 exhaust systems, and much much more. No car I saw met my expectations (which perhaps were too high). I thought for sure even though now many were owned by younger "kids" from the "Fast & Furious" crowd, they would baby them like me because it was their pride and joy. Not so. Most looked like 15-17 year old cars, with fading paint, scratches, dents, and dings galore. Most WERE actually owned by "kids," who bought them as project cars, thinking they'd fix them up, realized how much it would cost, and were trying to unload them. The ones that looked good only looked good because they had been in accidents, fixed, and repainted. I almost bought one that was misrepresented as accident-free and my mechanic quickly pointed out the repairs.

I tracked my car regularly and expected one day I might lose it, but I never expected it to happen on the street because of an idiot. He drove away as well, making it a one car accident with me at fault, rubbing salt into the wound. Half the reason I get nervous on the street with my Exige is that memory still in my mind. Be careful out there.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:29 PM
PennywiseG35S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by curacaosfinest
wow she was a beauty man

sorry to hear about your loss

thats the only thing that scares me about putting so much into them, that at no fault of my own it all gets taken away

you should pick up another one while they're still cheap though!!

Not to mention that everyone in Miami drives absolutely insane. Just moving from my in-laws house in Hialeah to Pembroke Pines my annual auto insurance dropped $1040 total for my Wife's car and my car.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:47 PM
damn $1000 in drop in insurance????

well it looks like i'm moving in with girlfriend in pines lmaoo

Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM
144mph is infamous around these parts
First off, thanks for documenting this really cool build!

So many compliments to give, I don't know where to start.

Careful thought to thermal management with the reflective tape and v-mount? Check.
Not going crazy nutso and spoiling the characteristics of the car with an over the top setup? Check.
Being a real deal wrench monkey and car enthusiast by doing the work yourself? Check.

Man, I could go on and on, but just a resounding THANKS and GOOD WORK is going to cover all the bases. I've had a hardon for the FD's for going on 2 decades and this thread was a fun read. Keep it up!

Lol about the manifold nut too, I've been there my friend.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by 144mph
First off, thanks for documenting this really cool build!

So many compliments to give, I don't know where to start.

Careful thought to thermal management with the reflective tape and v-mount? Check.
Not going crazy nutso and spoiling the characteristics of the car with an over the top setup? Check.
Being a real deal wrench monkey and car enthusiast by doing the work yourself? Check.

Man, I could go on and on, but just a resounding THANKS and GOOD WORK is going to cover all the bases. I've had a hardon for the FD's for going on 2 decades and this thread was a fun read. Keep it up!

Lol about the manifold nut too, I've been there my friend.

this was much appreciated man!! thank you for all the complements
and Roxy thanks you too haha (thats my cars nick name)

there will be lots of updates this weekend as i build the downpipes/wastegate piping and intercooler piping

for now i thought it would be pretty cool to show you guys
Roxy was chosen as Miss March for the RX7Club.com yearly calendar!!

check it out:

Name:  331011_2539032550710_1100520508_32464360_326203723_o.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  108.2 KB

Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
xicema17x is infamous around these parts
Sweet build man... Already missing my car.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 PM
hey guys

got a little bit of an update...got a really good deal on the new MSD 6AL-2 and it just arrived in the mail!!

can't wait to install this bad boy and try out the 2-step!!

Name:  412902_2573658056326_1100520508_32478855_1738328642_o.jpg
Views: 1549
Size:  84.7 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My RX7 FD3S Re-Amemiya Twin Turbo Build