Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Evo X update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Evo X update

Courtesy of AutoWeek:

Alphabet Soup
Mitsubishi releases details on Evo X transmission and stability-control system

AutoWeek | Published 07/10/07, 9:41 am et
Mitsubishi isn’t ready to drop all the details on the Evo X just yet, but we now have some official info on one of the transmission choices and the vehicle dynamics system.

The DSG-style transmission is called Twin Clutch SST and features three distinct modes to suit the driver’s mood. Normal mode is intended to optimize shift points for lazy motoring and improved fuel economy; we don’t expect to use this one much. Sport mode is the next step up and pushes shift points higher as well as allowing for engine braking. S-Sport mode keeps the engine revving higher and allows even faster shifts for high-strung fun.

Super All Wheel Control is the name for Mitsubishi’s fancy traction-control system. The active center differential is the first step in the torque splitting process, done via a multi-plate hydraulic clutch. Active yaw control is the next step and basically works like a limited-slip differential, but it now has the power to brake an individual wheel to provide more control. Active stability control steps in to control braking through sensors that detect brake pressure at each wheel. A sport ABS system tops off the S-AWC package and promises to keep your wheels from locking up.

All the above systems combine with a synergistic effect from sharing sensors and computer processors to keep your Evo X from sliding off the road. Expect to find different modes for pavement, snow and gravel with each optimized to its specific surface.

We’ll have to wait until the Tokyo motor show to find out exactly how much power these systems will be charged with harnessing.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 PM
ConceptualMind is infamous around these parts
The new front I can accept, but the rear is hideous.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Faast996TT is infamous around these parts
Chris -
I say wait for the GT-R. After seeing the pics from Goodwood of the GT-R, I think I'll definitely have to pick one up.
Scott

Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Faast996TT
Chris -
I say wait for the GT-R. After seeing the pics from Goodwood of the GT-R, I think I'll definitely have to pick one up.
Scott
I just can't bear the roofline of the GT-R. It looks too much like the Koenigsegg, which isn't my cup o'tea. I'll wait until I see it in person...

Have you put an order in yet?

Old 07-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Frisco is infamous around these parts
I saw an official Japanese Mitsu youtube vid on this car the other day that has already been pulled down, and the car actually looked reasonably ok visually and had what looked like some pretty interesting features. The quoted specs in the vid were 276 hp @ 6500 rpm and 311 ft-lb @ 3500 rpm.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Ro_Ja Boy is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have pics of the rear? I have only seen the front.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
There are lots of pics all over the web now...

Old 08-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Hiper is infamous around these parts
276hp is a bit disappointing, given we were expecting a 300hp+ minimum! Sure there's a new body and gearbox, but it really needs the proper power bump to compete with the WRX and M3.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Celestin is infamous around these parts
The rear resembles the likes of the IS350.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:24 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
front looks aggresive but rear is hideous

Old 08-23-2007, 03:19 PM
miniporsche is infamous around these parts
The rear can be fixed with the carbon fiber gt wing

Old 08-23-2007, 08:02 PM
D-VO is infamous around these partsD-VO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hiper
276hp is a bit disappointing, given we were expecting a 300hp+ minimum! Sure there's a new body and gearbox, but it really needs the proper power bump to compete with the WRX and M3.
I believe cars are power regulated to 276hp over there, any more and the owners face significant taxing. Don't quote me on that, and the USDM car will have more than 276, that you CAN quote me on.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Henjie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by D-VO
I believe cars are power regulated to 276hp over there, any more and the owners face significant taxing. Don't quote me on that, and the USDM car will have more than 276, that you CAN quote me on.
It was a gentleman's agreement between the Japanese car manufacturers and not any government regulation that limited the power output to 280ps/276hp at the flywheel. It's been broken time and time again and the agreement seems to have been dumped a few years back. And there's really no stopping the manufacturers stating that this and that car only have 276hp when the true figure is actually higher.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Hiper is infamous around these parts
I think the pics of the interior that Celestin posted are of the concept car, and not the actual production car.

Actual production car will have a different interior, which'll be less "funky" (no daytona seats, no suede dashboard) and will have smaller/different wheels!

I guess the best thing to do is wait for the Ralliart guys in the UK to create a souped up FQ430 version for the X, just as they did for the IX and VIII. That'll be great with the new transmission.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
I like the current generation look better. The new one seems too soft. I thought they did away with the Gentleman's agreement in Japan so the new Skyline and future cars could compete globally.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo X update