Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera - real pics.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
I just rec'd the official mailing package w/ pics from PCNA ... this car can not be any looking in real life !!! Looks awful in these official shots ... Porsche missed the boat to get out of the box ... someone said squashed Cay'n - yep w/ a kick in the butt too. I've owned over 15 P-cars ... this one will not be in my garage! For that matter the SUV is not either ... to bad the "Chilli Pepper" it is now making the sales figures for the company.
Never thought I would buy a Caddy over a P-car ... I am now ...

Old 11-26-2008, 09:18 PM
lowlife13 is infamous around these parts
i like the front and sides but not a big fan of the back.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:22 AM
NerdrumFG2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheSalesAtl
One thing that pictures are not doing justice to is the height of the car. It's only 55.8 inches tall. That is only about 4.3 inches taller than a 911. What this tells me is that in person the side profile isn't going to look bad at all. Think about it you'll be looking down at the car. 2D photos never look as good as the final product. The car is long, low and wide. I'm officially all in!
Unfortunately the car isn't low enough that it won't be in my peripheral vision if I ever have to see one in real life.

The rear end of this car is many things, and none of 'em are pretty.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:57 AM
RT8_M3 is infamous around these partsRT8_M3 is infamous around these parts
Like some of you guys, I also thought the rear was going to look really weird, but now that the full shots are released, it actually looks really good!!

Old 11-27-2008, 06:10 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jlingk
Easily the ugliest profile of a sports based car ever.
I saw it in person ...I was one of the ones chosen to preview it and lemme tell you.......if its even possible, even uglier in person....Looks like a dodge magnum nad the interior is brutal....100 buttons all over instead of the central joystick like every manufacturer has now...they had the panamera tt and had a CL63 and S63...The interiors of the MB were so far superior it was a joke....Oh and btw the Panamera TT weighs 4500...nice with keeping Porsches tradition of lightweight nimble cars....Car is brutal

Old 11-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LSM
....Oh and btw the Panamera TT weighs 4500...nice with keeping Porsches tradition of lightweight nimble cars....Car is brutal
Are you kidding me? 4500.....RS6 is in that range....Panamera needed to be a lot lighter.

Therefore, Porsche has to set the price of this car properly otherwise will not sell.

Last edited by Pierre996TT; 11-27-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:24 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Pierre996TT
Are you kidding me? 4500.....RS6 is in that range....Panamera needed to be a lot lighter.

Therefore, Porsche has to set the price of this car properly otherwise will not sell.
Yup 4500lbs for the TT and priced over 120k....At lleast thats what the initial specs were that were at the preview I went to...500hp tt v8

Old 11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LSM
Yup 4500lbs for the TT and priced over 120k....At lleast thats what the initial specs were that were at the preview I went to...500hp tt v8
If that weight figure is accurate, the Panamera will underperform the M5 and AMG 63 (CLS, E) cars. That will be quite a mountain for Porsche to climb - an uglier, slower car competing against the BMW M and AMG machines in its market segment. I have no doubt the Panamera will outhandle its German rivals, but does the target buyer really value track performance from these 4,000lb+ beasts?

Old 11-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Diablito is infamous around these parts
wow may look better with some mods but looks like a longer Chrysler, can't even remember the name the 2 seater...anyway not good lines. I hope it sells better than the lagonda...

Old 11-29-2008, 02:43 AM
manithemoneyman is infamous around these parts
not a fan of the rear, or parts of the side. front looks nice but the rest of the car just doesnt seem very balanced... I'll just wait for the Aston Rapide

Old 11-29-2008, 03:04 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
I have built my RS6 with all the options I`d like to have and came to a total of about 127k Euros.(everything on it,even ceramic brakes)
Now Porsche has to convince me why I should spend thousands more to have a Porsche badge on my car.
When it comes the sportscars,they don`t have to convince me...Porsche has well established in this segment,but with sedans it`s a different thing.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
ouch

Old 11-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Misha is infamous around these partsMisha is infamous around these parts

Old 11-30-2008, 02:03 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Holy sh*t, I can't believe how terrible this thing looks
From the rear doors back, it's unreal....

Old 11-30-2008, 02:43 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I don't see how they could give the rear seat passengers the same room as those in the front and provide space for luggage for four people without looking like it does. It is an example of form following function, which is what Porsche has been famous for all along. You can't fault them for that. If it provides all this room and goes like a bat out of hell, then they have accomplished their goal.

Last edited by USCCayman; 12-01-2008 at 07:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera - real pics.