Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How well do you think the Panamera will do in the US?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:42 AM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Looks like Audi is limiting production and won't [at this time] bring it to the US. That could change. The Panamera in the darker color with the turbo front and dark fender venting looks very nice.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:18 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vanquishv12
Looks like Audi is limiting production and won't [at this time] bring it to the US. That could change. The Panamera in the darker color with the turbo front and dark fender venting looks very nice.
I saw the pics, not “cheap”. The turbo front is as aggressive as the 997 coupe turbo. And better looking ; D. Not so with S and 4S.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Neo
Neo is infamous around these parts
Is it reasonable to expect the Panamera Turbo will depreciate like a Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S?

911's seem to hold their value fairly well but Cayenne's seem to take a pretty big hit.

I for one love the car and would want the Turbo and if that isn't doable then a 4s (in a few years).

Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 AM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Of course it will. Name one 4 door sedan that has held its value. Coupes do but not 4 doors. Especially high end [this is Porsches highest mass built car] Look at them all: Maser, S Class, Jag, Bentley, Rolls, BMW 7. All! Not one has held. In fact they take the biggest drop. Don't see why this would be any different. No matter how fast it is.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Neo
Neo is infamous around these parts
Of course it will. Name one 4 door sedan that has held its value. Coupes do but not 4 doors. Especially high end [this is Porsches highest mass built car] Look at them all: Maser, S Class, Jag, Bentley, Rolls, BMW 7. All! Not one has held. In fact they take the biggest drop. Don't see why this would be any different. No matter how fast it is.

Then YAY for me!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Actually buy one in three years for $50-$60K Take it the shop and turn it into a proper wagon for 30K. [Its almost there.] Then you have something really unique. And you've kept the best looking part of the car [front] and fixed the rear [ugh] !

Old 10-31-2009, 11:29 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Actually buy one in three years for $50-$60K Take it the shop and turn it into a proper wagon for 30K. [Its almost there.] Then you have something really unique. And you've kept the best looking part of the car [front] and fixed the rear [ugh] !
Now u got me thinking f this is the right taxi for us. I would hate to get this car, and by Feb, they are pilling up at dealers having clearance signs on them. Maybe get a Q5 at half the price and watch on the side line ; D I was building up a C4, come to 115, with an A3, that come to the rice of a Panamera Turbo. But need to pay insurance, registration and maintenance on three cars. Rather just have to, that is why the Pana looks like a good plan.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:31 AM
mdc
Coming soon is the Audi A7, that will also impact the Panamera, at least compete with the V6

Old 10-31-2009, 12:02 PM
I get it. Car insurance or registration. Sick of it. But, I'm a big fan of the Audis. I also feel they are some of the best looking german sedans. Still wish we [USA] got the RS6. Thats not going to happen. The BMW 5 is still a bad looking thing. The new Merc E looks cheap and more and more like a buick. Volkswagons CC is a great looking sedan but all I see it that big chrome "VW" in the grill. What else is there? UK? The new Jag is quite a looker with an awesome interior.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:14 PM
mdc
I get it. Car insurance or registration. Sick of it. But, I'm a big fan of the Audis. I also feel they are some of the best looking german sedans. Still wish we [USA] got the RS6. Thats not going to happen. The BMW 5 is still a bad looking thing. The new Merc E looks cheap and more and more like a buick. Volkswagons CC is a great looking sedan but all I see it that big chrome "VW" in the grill. What else is there? UK? The new Jag is quite a looker with an awesome interior.
Don’t see myself driving a Jag... I feel old ; D. Very disappointed with the taillight of the E-class, I think they ran out of time and look at the some of Toyota and said, that is the light we want. Make it looks like a Camary. The E front has some good characters. Kind of like the Panamera. Like the lower bumper light treatment of the new S;class too. Similar concept to the 997 turbo. Could get a C4 plus an A3... 2 for the same price as a turbo coupe

Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 PM
My thoughts exactly. I agree with everthing you wrote.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:37 PM
mdc
My thoughts exactly. I agree with everthing you wrote.
Not to take away from the Panamera thread, but wut do u think of the vantage. I went to amoc.org last night, was a lot more active there when I was thinking V8V. That is still one sexy car. But the horror stories is more than a concern. And the closest dealers to me is closing down too, so services and fixing all the little problems is going to be an issues. This is the fourth year in production, I do see a few around town, but a lot less than I see a 911. The targa is also much less common. I will know how I feel about the Panamera once there have 5 or 6 sitting in the lot.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Someone else asked the same from me on an Aston Site. Aston today is built much differently than when the Vanquish was built. Thats why they stopped Vanquish production. [Old factory 280 per year average. New factory 8000 per year.] New production standards of Vantage/DB9 are more standardized. Quality is very high. Running gear is bullet proof. V8 is take off from Jag. [think Boxster vs gt3 engine/tuning] If you get warranty or extended, AM will pick up and deliver via flatbed.
Back to Panamera thread: Ugly hatchback. Think Pontiac Aztec with a killer engine and handling. Funny.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:13 PM
mdc
The more I am talking to u, the more I am moving away from Panamera. Lets see if my other half feel the same way. Note to self: I do like to sleep on the bed instead of the garage. ; D

Old 10-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Sorry about that. The majority of people I've spoken to thinks its ugly. I'm actually amazed as I've asked without giving my opinoin first. I just couldn't wear an ugly suit even if it were a Hugo Boss. Could you imagine everyone thinking "why is he dressed like a clown?" Thats what I think people would say of the Panam -but never to your face. Its big dollar for something that is so visually hit and miss. Im not very popular on this Panam thread but hearing what non Porsche car people have to say on other sites, press and over dinner. I wanted to like it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How well do you think the Panamera will do in the US?