Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

928 successor (based on panamera platform)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
the new 928 should be a nice addition to the line up.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by quartermile
And if in fact it ends up being faster than the GTR (it should with V8TT) what's the point of a 911?

Because a 911 is still a 911, "There is NO Substitute"

Old 10-31-2009, 05:35 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Christian
Because a 911 is still a 911, "There is NO Substitute"
I remember as a teenager test driving the 928 and 911 with my dad and how they were a world apart. I am not sure how different the 998TT and 928TT will be. I do believe the essence of Porsche is still preserved in the GT2 and GT3.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:10 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Porsche needs the 911/GT2 and GT3 more than ever. We have a young generation of car guys that have seen porsche introduce nothing but sport utes and hatchbacks. Porsche needs the 928. It is the first new product that a generation of youth will see as a sports gt car from this company. Audi, Mercedes, Ferrari, lamborghini, Maserati, Nissan, have all given us new sports GTs. Porsche has not. Sure it has given us the Boxster/ its coupe a Sport ute and Hatchback. Thank God for the 911. This company has not even tried to compete in the GT market. Why not? They've fallen way behind with this segment of future buyers. They need this car badly. No kid is putting up a poster of a Cayenne or Panam. They're dreaming to someday own an Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:08 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I am willing to bet that there are a few kids who would not mind having a 2010 997TT.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:41 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
I totally agree. Were on the same page. My point is that after all these years they only have the 911. They're putting up posters of the same car I did. After all these years of building cars all porsche has has to show for this image is the 911 based cars?[TT/GT2/GT3] Its the same poster!! [I have a 73 911 and GT3RS] What else does Porsche have? A sport Ute and Hatchback? A cheaper mid-engine coupe? Lets give the young generation a car that isn't the same as "Dads car". [remember its not your fathers Oldmobile adds?] Show the future buyers that Porsche can build other cars outside of a 911 besides Sport utes and Hatchbacks. This 928 will do that. But Please it won't ever replace my 911.

Last edited by vanquishv12; 10-31-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:24 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I wonder?

Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2009, 10:42 PM
BTW: I remember seeing that L&M 917 canam car race at Laguna Seca. My sons two favorite cars are the 250GTO and the 917. Pretty cool for an 18 y.o.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:14 PM
That picture was taken by a friend of mine at the '72 Road Atlanta race. I didn't make that race, but got to see the 917/30 run at Road Atlanta the following year (I was 17 at the time). That was an incredible time for road racing, as you know. IMHO, we are very lucky to have been around when those cars were racing in anger! Of course, that would make us old f*rts now!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 AM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
Originally Posted by vanquishv12
I totally agree. Were on the same page. My point is that after all these years they only have the 911. They're putting up posters of the same car I did. After all these years of building cars all porsche has has to show for this image is the 911 based cars?
Although I see where you're coming from, isn't the timeless design of a 911 one of the things that give it such great appeal?
Not too many other makes & models have survived so many decades and still retained its basic visual form. I think that's one of the greatest things about a 911, that "heritage" of body design.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
a 928 would be a cool addition to Porsche´s line-up but the 911 is and will always be THE ultimate sportscar icon. next generations don`t need a replacement for it. what more can u dream of than being part of a legend and history?

Old 11-01-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree completely. I am the biggest fan of 911s. [still have my 1973 coupe] But it would be nice to see them do something else as well that isn't a Family car. I'm never said replace. But why not offer something else? Why not a GT? Is it to threatening to the 911? I think not. I would say the same if ferrari was still building the Daytona. Lambo the Miura, Jag an XKE, Ford a GT40, Chervolet a Corvette Oh wait...they are. Nevermind.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:32 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
I agree completely. I am the biggest fan of 911s. [still have my 1973 coupe] But it would be nice to see them do something else as well that isn't a Family car. I'm never said replace. But why not offer something else? Why not a GT? Is it to threatening to the 911? I think not. I would say the same if ferrari was still building the Daytona. Lambo the Miura, Jag an XKE, Ford a GT40, Chervolet a Corvette Oh wait...they are. Nevermind.

There will be a new 928. All the engineering is done they just need to shorten the wheel base on the Panemera. It is a no brainer. But will it beat the Nissan GTR? Imagine the embarrassment of a German engineered Porsche with exactly the same configuration as a GTR (and a V8TT to boost) but slower and more costly. An over priced lemon ~ how my dad described the old 928 when it still in the showroom.

If the new 928 beats the GTR what they do with the 911 is obvious ~ they either have to retire it as their “classic line” or offer an RSR version for the street. Then they need the Carrera GT replacement (the RS Spyder) to top that. It is not acceptable that this takes 5 years. The competition is not standing still.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:49 PM
You right on. Its called a "Rock and a hard place" Can Porsche kick the GT-R? They might with the 928. Will they let that happen and have it superior to the 911 or will they wait until the 911 is faster than the GT-R? Will they allow the 928 to out perform the 911?

Old 11-01-2009, 02:57 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
You right on. Its called a "Rock and a hard place" Can Porsche kick the GT-R? They might with the 928. Will they let that happen and have it superior to the 911 or will they wait until the 911 is faster than the GT-R? Will they allow the 928 to out perform the 911?
I look at the GTR several times, it is quite an interesting looking car, I wouldn’t buy one because I am not 30.... but I love the look. You have a lot of good points, Porsche need to plan for the next generation of buyers, they are very different from us. Is this progress? ; D

I heard some Porsche fans said, nah, wut is a Nissan GTR? it has no soul. But the market is changing. We would have died laughing 15 years ago if some guy mentioned Lexus is going to build a limited edition Super car that cost $400k? Soul or not, we are now talking and cross referencing Japanese and European car in the same article. We are face with a lot more options than before, and even more for the next generation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 928 successor (based on panamera platform)