Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

928 successor (based on panamera platform)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:32 AM
rycou34 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
first artist renderings:

This is an absolutely gorgeous car! Like it a lot more than the second rendering.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:53 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
This works. Very Aston Martin at the rear. Trust the front concept but I bet Porsche goes with a hatchback rather than this trunk/boot type configuration as shown. This past week I heard that VW intends to drop the Panamera and Cayenne after this model run since so much was already invested and they no longer need to build such a product to remain in business. VW wants Porsche to build what has given them their reputation. This car is right in line with this. VW may be the best thing to happen to Porsche. [As was Fiat to Ferrari and Audi to Lamborghini] I also heard that we should be expecting a four cyl Boxster to be a VW sportscar. I.E 914 / 914-6

Last edited by vanquishv12; 11-21-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
if the rear of this car stays as this rendition shows it will be a huge hit.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by quartermile
It is a conjecture and the logic goes as follows: My Cayenne is very nearly an Audi Q7 so we know Audi and Porsche share frames. The only company in the world with Aluminum Space Frame (ASF) technology is Audi. Panemara is nearly identical in dimensions to an A8 and uses ASF. So it is plausible that Panemera must be based on A8 and an extension that the RS5 and the new 928 might share frames as well (and possibly motors.) It only makes sense.

I would very much like to know your explanation why you think Porsche independently developed the technology?
even tho the Cayenne and Q7 is nearly the same car... the Cayenne is just a whole lot better

Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 AM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
are these just renderings, I think that who ever did these should head up porsche. They are just amazing. Very well done regarding design IMHO.

What about a cab ???

I am in a place in my life that I would love to have a sports car that would allow me time with the family (have 2 young kids- 2 girls 6 and 3) and drive time.

I had a 911 cab and loved it and did use the back seat for the car seat, then got rid of it and got a ferrari 360. Now that car sits in the garage on the weekends

unless there is an event that I am going to.

I would use the 928 as my DD, great design. I REALLY hope that it goes into production SOON !!! !!!

lets see it as a cab

Old 12-16-2009, 10:38 AM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
I love this car. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Sat in a Panamera the other day, and although a little big fro me, I really fell in love with what they've done. May dump my CTT and get a PTT.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:05 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
4 doors not so much, the coupe looks hot!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 12:03 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
This seems much more likely for a coupe.

http://www.theophiluschin.com/?p=987

Old 12-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
i like it!!

Old 12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Your probably correct. Sad thing is that this will look like a Panam Coupe rather than an exclusive GT that was designed to be such. I would have had the same comment if Jag simply took the rear two doors off the sedan to create a new XK or if Maser did the same with the Quatro to create the Grand Turismo. Why couldn't porsche make the 928 a distinctive GT model as others have done with their Sedan vs GT/2+2.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:27 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
How about this 911 / 928 variant?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:29 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That is atrocious. I swear, I'm so sick of retro headlights it drives me nuts.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Great choices! So all we should expect from porsche is a line of new cars that are styled to look like butt ugly relatives of the 911. Great!!! BTW: I'm in Northern California where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a new Porsche yet I haven't seen a single Panam. Usually I see a new model of anything on the road around here within a week of intro. Is Porsche selling those things? Where are they?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:56 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
hahahahhaah That was good.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by vanquishv12
BTW: I'm in Northern California where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a new Porsche yet I haven't seen a single Panam. Usually I see a new model of anything on the road around here within a week of intro. Is Porsche selling those things? Where are they?
Here are my top 10 reasons why....
10. The economy stinks
9. They are held up in port
8. People need to see them on the road to get excited about buying them
7. Trade in values on the Cayenne have plummeted
6. The dealers already sold all the launch cars
5. I bought mine from a dealer in san jose and they dont have any more
4. They are all at the track beating the competition
3. The health care bill passed the senate and we are all screwed
2. It is not fashionable to buy a Porsche these days
1. Taxes in California are too high and no one can afford one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 928 successor (based on panamera platform)