Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have to ask, can Panamera owners here pls show hand?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Neo
Neo is infamous around these parts
As fast as a turbo or a 4s? The CTS-V has a 556hp LSA engine for $60k and will easily outrun a 4s. Same with the new E63. You could actually buy a CTS-V and an M3 coupe for the same price as the Turbo. The turbo is the better car over the CTS-V and E63 but at it's price point it should be.

One I haven't seen mentioned in comparisons yet is the Jaguar XJ SS, I believe it's in the 500hp club as well although I'm guessing it's more like a S63 with a ride geared more to comfort than sport. It does have a fantastic interior though.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Call it what you want it's still a Caddie at the end of the day. Nice car but not a Porsche.
All this negativity on the Panamera. Those that don't like it should not buy it.
Like most Pcars it will get better and better with each new model and
ideration. The new coupe (928 version) already looks to be awsome. I wonder how many haters have Cayennes in their garage and remember that launch.
It may not be the car for me now but I could see it as a future possibility in a coupe version.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:14 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by W8MM
Well, let's not make a mental Rubik's Cube out of this.

It might just be possible that Porsche has connected with a market segment that doesn't hang out on 6SpeedOnLine? A few locals around my town bought launch cars right off the showroom floor. I can guarantee that they don't peruse internet chat boards. The two that I know best have large collections and can buy any car they want. And, they wanted a Panamera. Right away.

Maybe, just maybe, Porsche knows more about selling cars than do Panamera haters.
I think Porsche does know much more about this sort of thing and I believe the Pana will sell like hotcakes, particularly as the economy turns around.