Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Burmester Or Not to Burmester?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Seljan is infamous around these parts
To Burmester Or Not to Burmester?

Amazing sound but it sure is a pricey option.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^They make some of the finest equipment in the world. How much is it for the system

Old 11-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Seljan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Christian
^They make some of the finest equipment in the world. How much is it for the system
It's $6g for the Burmester system or $1500 for the Bose which I didn't listen to in a Panamera but I have to imagine it's not bad.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
I heard the system at CEDIA, I would buy it

Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Its a must!!! I have heard it and it is absoulty amazing! I have had a few of my boys hear it and they are amazed as well.. I honestly did not know you could have such a diffrence in audio in a car after just listenin to a nice bose sound

Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 AM
fmarrero is infamous around these parts
Go For It... Amazing its sound, just remember to setup through the head unit first.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:50 PM
TheUltraworld is infamous around these parts
Bose, No Highs, No Lows

Old 11-15-2009, 10:04 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I have not heard the Burmester but I must say the Bose is much better than any other stock system, Bose or otherwise, I have heard. However, the Burmester system is rated at about twice the wattage and should be much better.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:43 AM
TheUltraworld is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by falb
I have not heard the Burmester but I must say the Bose is much better than any other stock system, Bose or otherwise, I have heard. However, the Burmester system is rated at about twice the wattage and should be much better.
I don't think that power is a good way to measure a good sound system. My ZR1 came with a Bose System, sounded awful, it was replaced 2 days after I got the car home. A good system relies on speakers connnected to an amplifier that is carefully matched. And a signal source that is clean and matched to the input sensitivity of the amplifier. Then place the speakers in the cabin for best reproduction. I have done 50w systems. that's 50w total power for all the separates & a 10" sub woofer that sounded amazing & had enough volume to hurt your ears. At half volume it sounded perfect. If I was buying a $100,000+ car, I would demand a breath taking sound system. I would gladly pay the $6k if the Burmester system did that.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:08 PM
sharm is infamous around these parts
Are you kidding?

I have the Burmester home electronics and speakers at home and the system in the Panamera is a no brainer! It is a fraction of a single Burmester home product and still has impressive performance. I spent a lot more than I did on my 08 911 TT on my Burmester home system but I am definitely happy I did...Burmester is the best I have ever heard!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
speedread is infamous around these parts
With the Burmester, can I use an ipod and get cd quality? The system should be good enough to show up any problems in the encoding. So will I need to encode from CDs to Apple Lossless, or Exact Audio Copy? Or will AAC work right from the itunes store?

Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
At 6K, I think it's the cheapest Burmester system available on the planet. How much are the home systems??

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 12-18-2009, 05:32 PM
speedread is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by speedread
With the Burmester, can I use an ipod and get cd quality? The system should be good enough to show up any problems in the encoding. So will I need to encode from CDs to Apple Lossless, or Exact Audio Copy? Or will AAC work right from the itunes store?
I know this is not an audiiophile website, but someone must know the answer. (I did test burning a CD with 320 and lossless of the same music. Played on my home stereo, I thought I heard a slight difference, but since it was not a true double blind test. I don't really know. So...what will the Burmester do?)

Old 12-25-2009, 08:13 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
Originally Posted by speedread
I know this is not an audiiophile website, but someone must know the answer. (I did test burning a CD with 320 and lossless of the same music. Played on my home stereo, I thought I heard a slight difference, but since it was not a true double blind test. I don't really know. So...what will the Burmester do?)
Actually, 192 is a high enough bit rate where your ears cannot tell (you can see some differences on a test bench). Very. very high end gear may show some differences - nothing fit to a car, very few home systems. 256 is the "cut off" for CD quality; well beyond "fine" with 320 - anything above 192 is really just a "how much space do you have" question.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:46 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
I have the Bose in my 996TT. It's great. I heard the Burmester in a Panamera. It was ridiculous. In a good way, of course.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To Burmester Or Not to Burmester?