Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darfvdr has landed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Darfvdr has landed!

Well the car has arrived with one minor/major hickup! Ordered with Piano Black Interior but car has Wood! :crunk_puke:

So that's on my mod list:

- Silver Hood Badge
- MaCarbon Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
- Window Tint
- Vinyl Styles black wrapping of turn signals
- TechArt Kit from WheelBoutiques ships to me January 14th
- Aftermarket wheels - Piano Black in 2 weeks. Will disclose manufacture when allowed.
- then Sharkswerks/Evoms Software, RSS Plenum, Sharkwerks custom exhaust

Here are the first pics (thanks to Haske!)

Old 01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new ride Fred, Happy New Year!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Bryan. I'll be putting on your plenums soon once Alex has them ready for me!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Thanks Bryan. I'll be putting on your plenums soon once Alex has them ready for me!
I'll let Alex know we have them for you or I'll just send one up to him... congrats again, the turbo is a beast....

Old 01-04-2010, 07:33 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
Congrats Fred! I'm stunned Porsche or the actual dealer could mess up such a big "option". You'll love the ride! You're lucky you're in the west coast. It's been averaging mid 20s in the DC area and when the tires are cold, they feel like they're going to fall off and you hear and feel a loud thunk when going really slow and having the steering wheel turned, as when parking the getting out of parking spaces. Odd thing is, wife's Maserati has P Zero's also and they don't do it, I'm wondering if the AWD has anything to do with it. I don't recall the PS2's on my 997 Turbo ever doing that in the cold.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:07 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Fantastic car! Please keep us posted as the mods are done

Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Fred,
Always sporting the lastest and greatest. I think i am just gonna have to live my life through my eyes with your threads.

bIG CONGRATS! let us know how you like it.

Alex,

Awesome, you are the East Coast Baller. Good to see you got a Pan as well. Any pix?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
Fred,
Always sporting the lastest and greatest. I think i am just gonna have to live my life through my eyes with your threads.

bIG CONGRATS! let us know how you like it.

Alex,

Awesome, you are the East Coast Baller. Good to see you got a Pan as well. Any pix?
Raja, for the longest time I did not put 2 and 2 together and realized you were the same Raja I met a few years back. Joe, who I think you know from Symantec (now works with me) clarified things a bit for me
I don't have any pics yet, as I hate running around in temp tags plus I have "plans" for the Panny very similar to Fred's. I'll take some pics then.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:34 AM
gbaker is infamous around these parts
Congrats, can't wait to drive a turbo model. Unfortunately Porsche just closed here with a very short life.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:37 AM
leighspped is infamous around these parts
stunning! very nice shot of the engine btw

Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
congrats

cant wait to see u mod it up!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
Congrats Fred! I'm stunned Porsche or the actual dealer could mess up such a big "option". You'll love the ride! You're lucky you're in the west coast. It's been averaging mid 20s in the DC area and when the tires are cold, they feel like they're going to fall off and you hear and feel a loud thunk when going really slow and having the steering wheel turned, as when parking the getting out of parking spaces. Odd thing is, wife's Maserati has P Zero's also and they don't do it, I'm wondering if the AWD has anything to do with it. I don't recall the PS2's on my 997 Turbo ever doing that in the cold.
Found out, and this should have been said to me by the sales person before hand. All Turbo's come with Wood. Piano Black/CF/Aluminum are options only. Since I did not order that car it had black on black and no wood was called out on specs. Unlike the P4 and 4S, base is Piano black and wood/CF/Aluminum are upgrades.

So since dealers fault, they are gonna take care of this for me. So looking at MaCarbon on CF and maybe just swapping out Piano Black from another Pan on the lot.

I'm thinking Piano black might be more classy as well! So we shall see.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:14 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Cant wait to see that body kit!

Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Piano black interior going in today, so will pick up car tomorrow. I just couldn't drive with the wood

I'll do MaCarbon later.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Found out, and this should have been said to me by the sales person before hand. All Turbo's come with Wood. Piano Black/CF/Aluminum are options only. Since I did not order that car it had black on black and no wood was called out on specs. Unlike the P4 and 4S, base is Piano black and wood/CF/Aluminum are upgrades.

So since dealers fault, they are gonna take care of this for me. So looking at MaCarbon on CF and maybe just swapping out Piano Black from another Pan on the lot.

I'm thinking Piano black might be more classy as well! So we shall see.
Stick with Piano Black, we that in our Maser QPS and it looks STUNNING! Very classy. I have CF in my Panny, while it looks pretty cool, I think I would have preferred Piano Black, but the PB IMO only looks good with say Tan or Cream colored leather with black stitching but it will be interesting to see how yours comes out, I'm sure it will look stunning! Also, decided to follow your "lead" and went ahead and plunged on the full Techart kit and exhaust with tips...now the waiting game begins.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Darfvdr has landed!