Sponsored by:

Carrera white PTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:24 AM
sumat is infamous around these parts
how's this working out?

Originally Posted by aottley
Currently testing some ride height sensor link modifications. If all works out well and the suspension computer is happy, I will post it here. I may be able to get anyone with air suspension lowered for under $200. Stay tuned.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 AM
aottley is infamous around these partsaottley is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sumat
how's this working out?
Will do some more testing this weekend. Going well so far, no issues.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Ride height sensors

I have done testing all week. I now have adjustable ride height sensors to safely lower the PTT about 0.75 to 1 inch. Tested safe. No check engine light. No negative effects on handling. I still have perfect clearance without rubbing with my 22" setup.

Waiting for some additional parts this week. I can have sets available for any interested forum members by next week. Please PM me if interested.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:12 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I have done testing all week. I now have adjustable ride height sensors to safely lower the PTT about 0.75 to 1 inch. Tested safe. No check engine light. No negative effects on handling. I still have perfect clearance without rubbing with my 22" setup.

Waiting for some additional parts this week. I can have sets available for any interested forum members by next week. Please PM me if interested.
Post pics with information, etc. Wanna see it lowered. I'm interested.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Post pics with information, etc. Wanna see it lowered. I'm interested.
The pics with the wheels are lowered pics.
PM me for info on the links. They are adjustable replacement ride height sensor links.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:15 AM
488ci-mojo is infamous around these parts
Very nice. The car totally comes into line when it's dropped. Normally, I'm not a fan of white on a big car but yours is exceptional. I slammed my Viper a few years ago and love aesthetics and handling but hate doing speed bumps and inclines one wheel at a time, but if you can control that, all the better. Any plans to track it? Safe driving!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by 488ci-mojo
Very nice. The car totally comes into line when it's dropped. Normally, I'm not a fan of white on a big car but yours is exceptional. I slammed my Viper a few years ago and love aesthetics and handling but hate doing speed bumps and inclines one wheel at a time, but if you can control that, all the better. Any plans to track it? Safe driving!
No issues with speed bumps. The Air suspension has two additional settings. 1" higher for comfort and sport mode. About 2" higher for an elevated mode to clear driveways and speed bumps. The setting in the pics is sport plus which is the lowest setting.

No plans to track at this time. Might change my mind after I attend a couple PCA track events.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Banned
ttlooking is infamous around these parts
Love the white!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:11 PM
hrm
hrm is infamous around these parts
Great looking combo. Makes me seriously consider that car.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
looks good...enjoy

Old 02-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Some more mods this week. Painting the rear apron and bumper light. Changing the rear badging to satin black. New pics later this week.

I now have the lowering links for anyone with air suspension interested in lowering their car. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Last edited by aottley; 02-16-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 02-16-2010, 08:17 AM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
im in love!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:50 AM
488ci-mojo is infamous around these parts
Some more mods this week. Changing the rear badging to satin black. New pics later this week.
i was messing with PS-31 "smoke" by tamiya color, purchased at a local hobby shop this wkend. i got a really nice 'black chrome' finish with 4 or 5 passes, before i decided to completely defrock the back.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Height sensor adjustable links

quote=aottley;2729027]Some more mods this week. Painting the rear apron and bumper light. Changing the rear badging to satin black. New pics later this week.

I now have the lowering links for anyone with air suspension interested in lowering their car. I will post some pics tomorrow.[/quote]

As promised. Adjustable height sensor links.
Front and rear adjustable links pictured next to originals. Long links are for the rear and short links for the front.
For lowering the rears must be shortened and fronts extended. Adjustable while installed with locking jam nut to maintain adjustment. Retains full function of all height levels when installed. PM me for any additional info.

Name:  DSCF4749_crop.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4750_crop.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  161.8 KB[

Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
congrats! very nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera white PTT