Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono in S/4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
CorruptedSanity is infamous around these parts
Then whats regular sport mode?

Why dint Porsche combine the 2? So that they could sell sport chrono + and the dashboard timer?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
normal is coffee - sport is expresso and sport plus is double expresso with some Red bull thrown in for good measure.

each one ramps up the throttle and shifting times nore than the mode below.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
Yes, typical Porsche.... They want another couple grand however the "Red Bull" mode does belong under its own button do to its aggressiveness in the city especially with crappy roads like we have here...

Old 01-31-2010, 05:49 PM
CorruptedSanity is infamous around these parts
Ted they still didn't need to have 2 sport modes because yoy could have 1 sport button which would make the car more responsive in terms of engine & suspesion and you could easily hit the "suspension" button to revert back to a softer susespension (for the bad roads you referred to) while still keeping the engine sporty.

Touché for me?

this is exactly what I do when I'm with the wife on the highway. Ill hit sport then suspesion to make the engine more responsive and suspesion softer.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:15 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
Understood, that's what I do in the Cayenne too. I guess it's the difference of hitting two buttons instead of one and of course the fact Porsche can add the "Sports Plus'" mode and get several thousand dollars for it

Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Neo
Neo is infamous around these parts
Never having driven one I assume the sports plus will sharpen the throttle response so at say 50% pedal travel will mean 100% in normal mode. That in and of itself makes a car feel quicker and more responsive. Sure you could just mash the throttle but its not the same feeling.

This package does alot more than that but to me it's work it for that alone.