Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera V6 Preview

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I just received a Panamera brochure from dealer and can verify a few things. The brochure didn't have the table with all of the available options, but these are the basic items that most have been wondering about. It does appear that all options available on the S/4S are also available on the V6 models.

PASM: Standard

Headlights: Halogen are standard, Porsche Dynamic Lighting System (PDLS) Bi-Xenons are Optional. Headlight washers included with PDLS.

PCM: Optional

Brakes: six-piston aluminum monobloc fixed brake calipers at the front and
four-piston equivalents at the rear. The brake disc diameters are 14.17 inches and 12.99 inches at the front and rear, respectively

Power Liftgate: Standard

Slide/Tilt Moonroof: Standard

Porsche Traction Management (PTM): Standard on Panamera 4

Also, no manual gearbox, PDK only for US (no surprise).

Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
Is the shawowline trim available outside the V-6?

Old 03-13-2010, 02:50 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Is the shawowline trim available outside the V-6?
Not as of now. Wouldn't surprise me to see it as an option on the 2011 models though.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 PM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
I was starting to spec a 4S, now I may wait for a V6 4, it's performance still seems to be pretty good.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !

Details:

Starting price for the RWD V6 Panamera will be $74,400 while the AWD Panamera 4 will begin at $78,900 (plus destination).

The 3.6-liter V6 puts out 300 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque, which is a decrease of an even hundred horses and 74 lb-ft from the 4.8-liter V8. (Each buyer will have to decide for themselves whether those hundred extra ponies are worth a $15,400 surcharge.)

Porsche's seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK) dual-clutch transmission will be standard equipment in the V6 Panamera, along with such necessities as an electric moonroof, power liftgate and the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system with navigation.

According to Porsche, the V6 puts 66 fewer pounds over the front axle, resulting in an overall weight of 3,880 pounds. Auto Stop/Start technology ought to help the V6 Panamera eke a few more miles from each gallon of gasoline, and though official EPA numbers are not yet available Porsche says the car will not be subject to a gas guzzler tax.

Panamera V6 PDK: 0-62mph 6.3 sec. (6.1 with SCP and LC), with 6-speed: 6.8 sec.
Panamera 4 V6 PDK: 0-62mph 6.1 sec. (5.9 with SCP and LC)

V-Max of both versions: ~160 mph

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 04-23-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:10 PM
CorruptedSanity is infamous around these parts
I liked the lilac interior.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:57 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
2011 Porsche Panamera V-6s On Sale In U.S. Starting June 5,

Priced From $74,400:

When the Porsche Panamera launched in the U.S. last year, it came only in V-8 powered flavors, including the Panamera S, 4S and Turbo. This weekend, buyers will be able to scope out the V-6 versions, dubbed the Panamera and Panamera 4, on their local Porsche dealer lots.
Priced to start at $74,400 and $78,900, respectively, the V-6 Panamera and its all-wheel-drive sibling offer 300 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. Acceleration times are still quick--6.0 seconds to 60 mph for the rear-drive model and 5.8 seconds for the Panamera 4. You can shave another 0.2 seconds off each time with the addition of the Sport Chrono Package Plus option, which fits the PDK dual-clutch gearbox among other upgrades. Top speeds are 160 mph for the Panamera and 159 mph for the Panamera 4.
While those figures give up quite a bit of performance against the V-8 versions, particularly the 500-horsepower Turbo, there's a compensatory gain in fuel economy with the V-6s. Rated at 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway (18/26 mpg for the all-wheel-drive model), it's a solid improvement over the 15/23 mpg of the Turbo or even the 16/24 mpg of the 4S.
In addition to the smaller engine, a small amount of efficiency is gained by the fact that the V-6s are about 66 pounds lighter than the V-8s, for a curb weight of 3,880 pounds when equipped with the PDK transmission. Thanks to this gas savings, the V-6-powered Panameras aren't subject to the gas guzzler penalty.
A wide range of options and upgrades are available on the Panamera and Panamera 4, though standard equipment includes an electric moonroof, Bluetooth hands-free phone connection, and iPod/USB audio interface to the standard Porsche Communication Management infotainment/navigation system. A standard spring/damper suspension system comes on the car, with an available upgrade to the adapative air suspension with variable dampers.
The car hits dealerships this Saturday, June 5, so if you've been holding out for a more affordable or simply more efficient Panamera, the wait is over.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Just left our local dealership and drove a base Pan V6 with a $74,900 sticker. They quoted me $1000 a month with $5500 dwn for 36mo lease 10k miles a year. Seems a bit high what do you guys think ? I know Porsches dont lease well but seems like they should have some room there.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:44 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fcar348
i knew this was coming but not so soon. i would have ordered the 4 over the 4s for the economy. and i really like true paddles. oh well
The paddle shifters are available now from the dealer. For 2011 cars, it probably will be a factory option.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
The paddle shifters are available now from the dealer. For 2011 cars, it probably will be a factory option.
For order or after delivery install?

Old 06-19-2010, 01:29 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
for those that have driven the new 6. Is it a car you would consider ??? I am coming out of a 2008 Mercedes E350 (amg kit) and the car is fine as a DD. I live in south florida and there are lots of flat roads with no curves etc. Wifey drives the mercedes s550 (amg style with 21" HRE wheels) and I drive it on the weekends with the family and it is a nice car.

I am considering either a Maserati QP (06 or 07), Bentley GT (04 or 05) or maybe the Panny v6.

thoughts please

Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 AM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
i dont mind used sports cars but prefer luxury ones to be new so i would take the panny. esp beware of the used maser as reliability is issue

Old 06-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by fcar348
i dont mind used sports cars but prefer luxury ones to be new so i would take the panny. esp beware of the used maser as reliability is issue
I agree unless you find a Maser QP that you know the history with and your stealing it I wouldnt touch that car with a 10ft pole.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
silver1331 is infamous around these parts
What else does the Pan 4S have over the Pan 4? Obviously the engine but what other options are included in the S option? Is it worth the 15k? I am looking at buying a 2010 4S but there are ALOT of new 2011 Pan 4 hitting dealers now and the price spread is pretty large. Performance matters to me but i have a few other modern/classic exotics so Im hoping I will be able to get my fill from those or will i be pissed that i didnt just pay up for the 4S?