Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera V6 Preview

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:53 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Panamera V6 Preview

"This April at the 2010 Beijing Auto Show we will see the launch of the new V-6 powered 2010 Porsche Panamera and Panamera 4. Both models are powered by a brand-new 3.6-liter V-6 featuring direct-injection technology and a peak output of 300 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. The Panamera comes standard with rear-wheel drive but the Panamera 4 comes with all-wheel drive. The Porsche-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK) dual clutch gearbox is also available, as is a six-speed manual.
Equipped with the PDK and an engine stop-start feature, the Panamera rates in at 25.3 mpg for the European combined cycle, while the Panamera 4 averages 24.5 mpg. Both V-6 versions of the Panamera fulfill the LEV standard. Roll resistance tires measuring in at 19 inches are available as an option to help further reduce fuel consumption. Additionally, the new V-6 engine is 66 pounds lighter than the V-8 found in the Panamera S and 4S, thus contributing to the lower overall weight of the Panamera of 3,815 pounds.
The V-6 powered Panameras also come standard with a conventional steel suspension set-up but are available with variable dampers and adaptive air suspension as an option.
The 2010 Porsche Panamera and Panamera 4 will go on sale in the U.S. this June. Porsche is yet to reveal pricing but expect it to be significantly less expensive than the $89,800 starting price of the Panamera S."

Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

The 2010 Porsche Panamera and Panamera 4 will go on sale in the U.S. this June. Porsche is yet to reveal pricing but expect it to be significantly less expensive than the $89,800 starting price of the Panamera S."

The Panamera WebSpecial indicate that the Panamera will start at $74,900 and the Panamera 4 at $78,900. That's a $15K decrease, but also a dramatic decrease in standard equipment, other than that engine: No standard NAV, for instance.

I don't usually like the chrome trim surrounding the windows on a car, I do like the silhouette that the chrome adds to the Panamera. The base models appear to have those lines blacked out. So, I'm mixed there because the design looks much more sporty without the chrome outline.

Also not sure about the exhaust tips. Just like the Carrera Base/S, the Panamera Base doesn't have the twin tailpipes, just a single 'ovalish' tip like the Carrera Base. It looks good for the Panamera, but being a P-guy, I know what the dual tips mean about whats under the hood.

I also noticed a few images that show the new PDK Steering Wheel design (with Paddle Shifters) from the 997.2 Turbo. Looks good, but the Multi-Function functionality is lost. Driving a Panamera S for a few days got me hooked on the multi-function use, I kind of wish I had it in my C2S. Not sure how much I'd use paddles in a Panamera.

Will be interesting to see how reactions are with this car. The wife is trying to convince me to trade my C2S on a Panamera. The driving dynamics are completely different with between the two, so I'm on the fence with the S model. The V6 is only about 100lbs lighter than the S, and almost a second slower 0-60. Given the fact that the wife LOVES the V8 roar when the Panamera S starts up, I seriously doubt the V6 is going to have the same effect. Something tells me the 997 is going to remain in the garage for some time, just too much damn fun.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
i think the panamera is a good mixture of both worlds and a perfect companion on longer trips, but if u don`t need the extra space and seats, i would def. stick to the 911.

btw: i love the dark red colour on the Pana.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
That's the problem, the wife wants more room for daily 'family' driving. I get her point...but she also got a new patio and puppy when I got my C2S.

At least I have the argument that I'm not going to pay more (monthly) for a car the costs less (MSRP). My C2S has a higher sticker than the Panameras that we've looked at. Thankfully she's not as aware of the marketplace differentiation between the two models

We've all known the V6 was coming, so it will be interesting how it drives as compared to the V8...

Old 02-16-2010, 07:14 AM
tough decision

i found some V6 data:

Panamera V6-2 6-speed (standard on the Pana V6-2): 0-62mph in 6.8sec.
Panamera V6-2 PDK: 0-62mph in 6.3sec.
V-Max: 259 km/h (~161mph)

Panamera V6-4 PDK (standard on the Pana V6-4): 0-62mph in 6.1sec.
V-Max: 257 Km/h (~160mph)

Old 02-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Neo
Neo is infamous around these parts
Should sell well I'm thinking. I'd still want the turbo though although I may not be able to afford one so may have to do a 4S.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:00 AM
hrm
hrm is infamous around these parts
At those price points, I think it should sell much better. Hey, I might even seriously consider one.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
will get a pan 4 for my wife.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:09 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Can you post the interior shots you saw the new steering wheel in.... This really sucks for current P owners that have the buttons ;(

Old 02-17-2010, 01:11 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by globalm3
Can you post the interior shots you saw the new steering wheel in.... This really sucks for current P owners that have the buttons ;(
I wonder how you cycle through the screens on the dashboard display without the MF steering wheel. I don't see any buttons/etc on the wheel on console to control those functions.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Probably with a stalk on the steering column like in the 997 and Cayenne.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Root
Probably with a stalk on the steering column like in the 997 and Cayenne.
yes exactly what I was thinking

Old 02-18-2010, 12:27 AM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
I like the blackout window treatment.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
i knew this was coming but not so soon. i would have ordered the 4 over the 4s for the economy. and i really like true paddles. oh well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera V6 Preview