Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S/4S rear wing -> Turbo conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:18 PM
sumat is infamous around these parts
S/4S rear wing -> Turbo conversion

anybody explore the idea or know if you can convert a turbo wing to work on a S/4S?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:31 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
you would think they would be interchangable, but that would make too much sense. Interesting idea, I wonder how much the split spoiler would cost. Maybe anyone who has installed an aftermarket fixed wing would be in a position to sell their's if it isn't needed with the new setup.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:57 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
The Next One WILL BE a Turbo

It's amazing how that light bulb goes off when you've had a few drinks, but it just occurred to me: If I wanted the Turbo spoiler, I should have bought the freaking Turbo to start with.

Everytime I buy a Porsche, I shy from the $$$ that the Turbo is going to cost, but end up spending 1/2 of my time in my P-Car slightly wishing it was a Turbo. When I bought the Boxster S, I should have bought a used 993 Turbo. When I bought the 997.2 C2S, I should have bought one of the used 996TT or 997.1TT that I had found.

So, I hereby vow that when it's time to say goodbye to my now beloved P2S, the replacement will have a 'Turbo' in the model designation.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wjohnson36
It's amazing how that light bulb goes off when you've had a few drinks, but it just occurred to me: If I wanted the Turbo spoiler, I should have bought the freaking Turbo to start with.

Everytime I buy a Porsche, I shy from the $$$ that the Turbo is going to cost, but end up spending 1/2 of my time in my P-Car slightly wishing it was a Turbo. When I bought the Boxster S, I should have bought a used 993 Turbo. When I bought the 997.2 C2S, I should have bought one of the used 996TT or 997.1TT that I had found.

So, I hereby vow that when it's time to say goodbye to my now beloved P2S, the replacement will have a 'Turbo' in the model designation.
I have the same problem

Always wanting more......

Old 04-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i almost bit on a 4S but it never worked out - always had that same nagging feeling WJ36. now i am back looking again but this time it is a Turbo.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
btw - WJ36 - can you say how many hours it took the dealer to swap out the trim for your S?

i am thinking of making it a condition if i do a deal.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wjohnson36

I totally agree. Funny thing though. Even when you buy a turbo, you start thinking... I should of bought a GT3RS. I should of bought a GT2... It never ends...