Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
From Porsche.com

also in road tests - 4S is faster than S in slalom

0-60 mph

Old 10-15-2010, 06:19 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LRDog
In addition to the emblems today, I painted the rotor hats. I just can't stand the primer looking finish Porsche does on the rotor hats! Looks bad and over time looks worse as brake dust accumulates on the finish. I always paint them with a high temp silver b/c I think it looks much cleaner and lasts....

Next on the list is to paint the calipers red and install a Fabspeed x-pipe!
It's amazing how those small details make such a big difference. The wheels really seem to POP-OUT with the rotor hats painted silver. I've thought of painting my calipers, but never occurred to me to paint the rotors. I'll be interested in seeing how the caliper painting goes (with pics)...might just give me the motivation to do mine as well.

I also noticed your exhaust pipes look really sharp. Good job keeping those shiny and detailed. I don't have the Sports Exhaust, but wanted to swap tips. Only problem is my P2S is one of the earlier builds that has the tips welded on

Looks great!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:51 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LRDog
Thanks.

Good question on the 4S vs. S. Personally, I think the 4S handles better, not too concerned if in fact the S is a hair faster (honestly, I don't know if it is or not...) and it will prolly not see snow but in the rain the AWD is great. Guess the security of AWD is something we liked after the couple S8s we've had and we've always opted for AWD/4WD whenever it's an option. Guess it begs the question about why the TT is AWD and not offered in 2WD?
I can understand that. I guess since I have never owned a 4wd car (only an X3) that it feels different to me. I was just curious as to why, Your reason makes perfect sense but haveing a C4S Cab is california is still hard for me to understand. Most people with those cars park them when it rains and cali weather is a little better than NJ

Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Kenyon is infamous around these parts
Sweet color combo

Old 10-16-2010, 03:17 PM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
Love the updates!

Old 10-16-2010, 08:30 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
looks great. i'd do red calipers though to make them pop from behind the wheels...... similar to my car theme

Old 10-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
Very impressive. Wheels totally make the car and compliment the blue exterior. Congrats on a really beautiful fine automobile.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:26 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys!

Yesterday, I took the car to Euro Auto Festival at the BMW plant in Spartanburg, SC. I have to say, it was one of the worst experiences I've had in my 20 years of attending car shows/concours events. I have never encountered so many rude/inconsiderate people at one event ever..... I would never be so presumptuous to feel I have the right to touch, lean on a car for someone else to snap a picture and worst of all to open the doors to try and get in a car that is not mine!!! All of those things happened numerous times throughout the day and I could not leave my car for fear of what would happen if I weren't standing there gaurding the car!!!! I tried windows up but people would try and open the door or press their face on the window to see in the car. I tried windows down with the doors locked but the alarm would go off continuously b/c people were sticking their gord in the window and the proximity sensor would set the alarm off....... A friend of mine with a brand new SLS had the very same experieince. He came back from a nature break to some kid sitting in the driver seat of his car!!!! When he asked the kid to get out, the kids dad gave him a hard time!!! I had one jerk off tell me; "if you don't want people to touch your car you should put a do not touch sign on it" My reply: "WTF? So let me get this straight, if there is no sign it is okay for spectators to touch the displayed cars? You're an idiot!" What is with people these days? I had another guy tell me how much he hated the design of the Panamera and when I asked him what he drove to the event he said a beige Volvo..... I laughed and walked away! Needless to say, I will not be attending this event ever again.

Rant over...

Here are a couple pics from the day:

Here's the best pic of all...... Heading home!

Old 10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
wow what an amazing car!! absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous makes me want to get a panny!! also fun to follow your thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:51 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Nice ride. I love blue P-cars! I wonder why more dont spec their cars in blue???

Oh well maybe its better that most people dont get blue, makes ours stand out more....

cheers