Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera or new Cayenne......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JenK
yes, actually 76k! I paid 109 for it last year during the sales events, but still, that's ridiculous!!! I am sure they'd put it on the lot for 90 or more! I am going to try and wait until year end, hoping to get a smokin' deal! I doubt there will be a rush of people wanting to buy a Pan and dealer inventory should be good with all the 11's I've been seeing. What's crazier, they offered you 100k!!! I'll buy it for 120, but I am glad your wife loves it! Now, about that Turbo S...pics???
my friend sold his white C4S cab with PDK pretty quick in the high 80's. sticker was in the 110's. i was surprised he could even get that much. problem is the cars packed way too much money in options that are nearly worthless in resale. every time i order a new Porsche i easily load about 30k worth of stupid options. this time i decided to find one on the lot rather than ordering so at least i'm saving 20k to begin with.

it's also hard for people to buy a used NA 911 close to 100k where they can find a Turbo in that range. just tough market.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 AM
mudman2 is infamous around these parts
save 30-50k get a CPO CTT for about 72K

Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by -AW-
my friend sold his white C4S cab with PDK pretty quick in the high 80's. sticker was in the 110's. i was surprised he could even get that much. problem is the cars packed way too much money in options that are nearly worthless in resale. every time i order a new Porsche i easily load about 30k worth of stupid options. this time i decided to find one on the lot rather than ordering so at least i'm saving 20k to begin with.

it's also hard for people to buy a used NA 911 close to 100k where they can find a Turbo in that range. just tough market.
I totally agree. there are alot of options that just aren't worth it to me, SCP being one of them. I like it on my car now, but rarely use it. I love the handling of the Porsche and there are no other cars come close for me. I would love to sell my car for about 85, but I can't go through the hassle. I owe close to the trade-in, so I am going to wait and work on a discount on the ones I mentioned on the lot. I have another car, lexus HS250, that I am waiting for the Lexus buy-back. I am being optimistic on walking away from the car, but this is a safety issue, gas tank, and I am hoping Lexus will just pull them off the road until they can sell them with confidence. I am in an RX loaner indefinately for now. Once this is cleared up, I am going shopping.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:12 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
crazy with Lexus, but there's nothing better than factory buy backs.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:02 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
JenK, that's crazy that they offered only 79K for a 122K 997. I would eBay it if I were you rather than trading it in. The dealer wanted my PTT because they didn't have one on the lot. They had like 8 or so S and 4S from what I saw. Glad we kept the PTT because the wifey actually loves the car. Says if feels more solid and noticeably faster than her Quattroporte S we just got rid of. Plus the PTT ate less gas than the QPS.
If they really wanted it, they should have offered you more. I have yet to see a used Panamera Turbo on a dealer lot for less than $130k. $100-130k is almost 3x the invoice-msrp spread on a new car.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
If you want a truck get a truck. To me an SUV is just a tall car. I would get a Panamera S over a Cayenne Turbo all day very day.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
JenK, I have to agree with falb here. I too would take the PTT over CTT any day. If 4 seats doesn't bother you then PTT all the way. The driving dynamics of the CTT doesn't really match up to the PTT in terms of feel, etc.

Sorry for the crappy pics of the TurboS

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ome-today.html

Old 08-08-2010, 05:01 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
JenK, I have to agree with falb here. I too would take the PTT over CTT any day. If 4 seats doesn't bother you then PTT all the way. The driving dynamics of the CTT doesn't really match up to the PTT in terms of feel, etc.

Very nice turbo S cab!!! Please put me on the list when you decide to sell it! As for me, I am going shopping for a PS or PTT in the next few weeks. Depending on what they offer off, one will be in my garage. Stay tuned...

Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 AM
S-B-D is infamous around these partsS-B-D is infamous around these parts

The real question isn't PTT vs CTT. That is an easy one. The real question is P4S vs. CTT. These vehicles are at virtually the exact same price point and that is the decision I am facing. I am really particular about my options and I have priced a P4S and CTT both at exactly $116k MSRP. PTT is just more money that I want to spend.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by S-B-D
The real question isn't PTT vs CTT. That is an easy one. The real question is P4S vs. CTT. These vehicles are at virtually the exact same price point and that is the decision I am facing. I am really particular about my options and I have priced a P4S and CTT both at exactly $116k MSRP. PTT is just more money that I want to spend.
Great point. As much as we love our P2S, I'd take a new CTT over the P4S. First of all, it says 'Turbo' on it...which means a bigger smile every time you hit the accelerator. And with the reduced weight and updated interior in the new CTT, the experience is much improved...

Old 08-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I go back and forth. I could probably get a great deal on the PS, but then I can get almost the same deal on the CTT. Just a few more weeks. Ugh....SBD, we are in the same boat. I am now daily driving the 997 and it's a great car, but I don't want to drive it everyday. I need places to put stuff when I go shopping!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:27 PM
S-B-D is infamous around these partsS-B-D is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JenK
I go back and forth. I could probably get a great deal on the PS, but then I can get almost the same deal on the CTT. Just a few more weeks. Ugh....SBD, we are in the same boat. I am now daily driving the 997 and it's a great car, but I don't want to drive it everyday. I need places to put stuff when I go shopping!
Well, I have until November to decide. That's when I will place my order. I'm told about 4-5 months for a custom build, so that will give me my new vehicle in early spring. I don't want to end up taking delivery in mid-winter. In the process of selling my RS4 right now. Right now, I'm in the Panamera camp, but you know how that goes. I know the CTT is the slightly more practical and faster vehicle, but there is just something about the presence that the Panamera has on the road, it's relative rarity, and it's better handling that keep me coming back to it.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by S-B-D
Well, I have until November to decide. That's when I will place my order. I'm told about 4-5 months for a custom build, so that will give me my new vehicle in early spring. I don't want to end up taking delivery in mid-winter. In the process of selling my RS4 right now. Right now, I'm in the Panamera camp, but you know how that goes. I know the CTT is the slightly more practical and faster vehicle, but there is just something about the presence that the Panamera has on the road, it's relative rarity, and it's better handling that keep me coming back to it.
I am with you on the rarity and the handling. I am shopping right now for a Pan right now, but I might just wait a few more months. I can't stand going through the hassle of selling my car, but I have a colleague who wants to buy it in June when his Audi lease is up. He's asking me 'how much' already, so I am sure he wants a bargain! I put a few offers out there to 2 dealers, both low, but reasonable. I even have my eye on a PTT 'demo' that has 3k miles and is CPO. I like the CPO since I will put about 18k miles per year on it, but I am wondering how many joy rides happened in that car!