Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed TechArt paddle shifters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:47 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Installed TechArt paddle shifters

The push pull steering wheel shift buttons have always detracted from the driving experience of the PDK Porsches, IMO. When I saw TechArt had a solution I car ordered a set from Sharkwerks with the intention of installing them myself. Well, I got a little intimidated and decided to have them professionally installed. I am going to be in Arizona for a couple of weeks, so I had the car dropped off with Ian at Evolution Motorsports. Ian went above and beyond assisting me with logistics.
Anyway, I am so glad I did this upgrade. It really transforms the driving experience. Looks like a factory piece:

Old 08-06-2010, 12:14 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Way to go man! And looks right now

Old 08-06-2010, 04:37 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Nice!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! my only fear is that it will be right up on the blinker... are you able to get your fingers behind it with no interference from the controls behind you?

Old 08-07-2010, 12:06 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by globalm3
Looks great! my only fear is that it will be right up on the blinker... are you able to get your fingers behind it with no interference from the controls behind you?
i never considered that and I don't even notice when I drive.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I also drove a Panamera TT with the Techart Paddles, and I was so blown away as to why Porsche wouldn't do that from the factory!!

The paddles worked awesome, and it was easier to drive and shift the car when driving at the limit. Highly recommended!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
are those paddle shifter available for a techart steering wheel for a 997.1 tiptronic turbo? If so, I'm getting a set!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:32 PM
AvusRS6 is infamous around these partsAvusRS6 is infamous around these parts
Will these work on 997.2 TTS? I have the multifunction wheel on my TTS and this would be very nice add on. Would do to the PTT but I think wife won't like it...PTT is hers now.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
Will these work on 997.2 TTS? I have the multifunction wheel on my TTS and this would be very nice add on. Would do to the PTT but I think wife won't like it...PTT is hers now.
I'm sure it will. The Evoms guys said they had done one on a 911, but I don't think it was the multifunction wheel. However, from what i can tell, the 997 and Panamera wheels are identical.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:47 AM
JAX GT3 is infamous around these parts
Request more information please

Would you please post additional detail on how they are installed?

Can I order them and install them myself?

What does the backside of the steering wheel look like?

Cost?

Thanks, JohnnyB

Old 08-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by JAX GT3
Would you please post additional detail on how they are installed?

Can I order them and install them myself?

What does the backside of the steering wheel look like?

Cost?

Thanks, JohnnyB
I bought mine at Sharkwerks, so I'd contact them for price. I had them professionally installed. I could have attempted it myself, but one screw-up could cost you the complete steering wheel. I didn't want to risk it so I had Evoms do it for me in Tempe, AZ.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:11 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
The Techart wheel has a good feel to it but they could have gotten rid of the shift buttons for what they are charging for it.

The Porsche paddle shifter is missing some of the other controls but it will turn on the launch control and sport plus and costs under a thousand dollars.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//PDKPADDLE.html

Old 08-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
The Techart wheel has a good feel to it but they could have gotten rid of the shift buttons for what they are charging for it.

The Porsche paddle shifter is missing some of the other controls but it will turn on the launch control and sport plus and costs under a thousand dollars.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//PDKPADDLE.html
If I had a 911, this would be a no brainer. It is MUCH better looking than the multifunction wheel, but there are too many functions built into the in-dash screen that I can't live without.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
when you get the paddle shifters form porsche installed at factory, they add an additional stock on the lower right side. toggle through the functions and push the buttom to engage.

you loose the left side multi function but frankly changing stereo levels is pretty easy by hand imo with the way they fit the ****pit

Old 08-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Woodchuck is infamous around these parts
That is pretty nice, hope you are enjoying it. By the way, since the 2011 Cayenne has the same steering wheel as the Panamera(at least to my eyes they do), would they be able to do it on the Cayenne? I would love to have paddle shifters installed on mine. Also, they look like nice sized shifters, are they? Are they comfortable to shift with, and do the rest of the buttons on the steering wheel work fine and correctly? Sorry for all of the questions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed TechArt paddle shifters