Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Multifunction steering wheel with paddle shifters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Dr Chill is infamous around these parts
Factory Multifunction steering wheel with paddle shifters

It seems Porsche offers the three spoke multifunction steering wheel with paddle shifters as a no cost option on the 2011 Panamera. I just confirmed this with my salesman who confirmed this with the regional rep. The steering wheel isn't the aluminum 3 spoke without multifunction capability as shown in the brochure, but rather an aluminum trim wheel with real paddles. I shot a crappy cell phone pic to show how the configurator shows it when configurator is used in 3D mode only. It's now officially in my order. No need for expensive add on kit.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Dr Chill; 03-01-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Has anyone else ordered this?

Old 10-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
is this new?

i've only seen the original PDK wheel and the new optional paddle shift wheel w/o multi function

Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 PM
doncamero is infamous around these partsdoncamero is infamous around these parts
Steering wheel with Paddle Shifters and Multifunction

My 2010 Turbo came stock with the multi function, sport/sport plus/ launch assist display and heated steering wheel with the PDK switches. I ordered the Paddle shift whee because I don't like the look of the stock wheel, and the switches are too easy to hit by mistake.
I received the new wheel and am going to install it even though the multifunction is not operable with this steering wheel. Also, the heating is neither. Even thought the dealer ordered it with multifunction, by the time the wheel got here from Germany, the option was no longer listed.
But the look is much more Porsche and the paddles are so much more intuitive, I will forego the ability to use the phone, volume, and scroll through menus at the touch of my thumbs.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Kleev is infamous around these parts
Multi + paddles

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Has anyone else ordered this?
Yes, have it on the '11 with Carbon package. Little bit of a learning curve going on, but seems well thought out. Ergos are perfect.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:56 PM
doncamero is infamous around these partsdoncamero is infamous around these parts
Sport Steering Wheel for PDK with Paddle Shifters

Also I noticed that the Paddle Shift steering wheel for the PDK Turbo is slightly smaller in diameter than the switch shift one. This makes the car feel more agile and tighter, if that is possible.
For anyone else considering this upgrade, I would recommend it, plus the dealer did the install for way less than the price of an oil change!!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:26 AM
03LX470 is infamous around these parts
Any pics?

I've got the mf carbon steering - this means i can add the paddles and still have the mf look even though the buttons will not be functional - great!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Here is a photo of the Sport PDK Paddle Shift steering wheel which replaced my original equipment PDK steering wheel with multifunction, heated wheel and switch shifters.

Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Kleev is infamous around these parts
Carbon PDK MF + shifters

Somebody wanted a pic?

Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2011, 07:51 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I am not sure if I am missing something, but wasn't somebody going to show a MF steering wheel with paddle shifters (not the buttons)?
I have never seen this, and am not sure it exists...the only paddle shifter steering wheel I have seen has no MF capability...is there something else?

Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 PM
The original pic was a glitch from the Porsche car configurator. They fixed the configurator and only the 3 spoke without multifunction paddles is what is available. When my car arrived it had the standard wheel.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Dr Chill; 03-01-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
The original pic was a glitch from the Porsche car configurator. They fixed the configurator and only the 3 spoke without multifunction paddles is what is available. When my car arrived it had the standard wheel.
That looks like my wheel (TechArt Paddle Shifters)

Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
So Dr Chill, is there a factory wheel with paddle shifters and the multifunction controls? Or was this just a web mistake? Appreciate you shedding some light on this. Thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future

WTF. That is lame.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I am the happiest guy on earth right now, I just traded my PDK Turbo for a GT2 RS!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Factory Multifunction steering wheel with paddle shifters