Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche recalls every single Panamera ever built? is this BS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:46 AM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche recalls every single Panamera ever built? is this BS?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/por...ver-built.html

The link doesnt work but this is scaring me...can someone shed some light? I probably need to call my dealer pronto!!! thanks!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:41 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
This is old...from Late April. There's a good chance this recall was already applied to your car if it's been purchased since then, or been in for any maintenance work:

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued a recall on the 2010 Porsche Panamera due to faulty seat belt mounts. Porsche notified the NHTSA that the Panamera’s seat belt mounts could fail when the front seats are adjusted in an extreme forward position which, according to the NHTSA press release, increases the risk of injury or death. This recall, NHTSA campaign 10V141000, applies to about 3,176 vehicles, and Porsche has already created a repair for the concern.
Theoretically this recall should only be a concern for a small percentage of drivers or front occupants based on this particular seat adjustment as is the typical positioning for drivers or front passengers who are very short. It is never recommended for drivers to sit too close to the steering wheel due to possible airbag injuries, but in cases of the 2010 Porsche Panamera with the front seats adjusted all the way forward, the locking mechanism could detach from the anchoring system. It would appear that the front seatbelts operate properly in normal crash conditions with the seats adjusted to a more average driving position.
As is the case with most modern cars, the Panamera’s locking mechanism is attached to the seat frame while the seatbelt is connected to the B-pillar. When the seat is adjusted to the extreme forward position, the part attaching to the seat exhibits an “unfavorable tolerance” which increases the chances of the part to fail. When the seatbelt fails, the front occupants can be severely injured or even killed due to the lack of proper seatbelt protection. To remedy the situation, Porsche will bolster the anchoring system by installing an additional locking element. This will help the seatbelt mount retain its strength during crashes even with the seat adjusted in the full forward position.
As is the case with all recalls and vehicle service procedures, for best results and quicker service, it is recommended to make an appointment with your area Porsche dealership. According to the NHTSA, Porsche has not sent out owner notifications yet, so if owners of a Porsche Panamera want to check on the status of this recall, they should contact Porsche at 1-800-545-8039. Of course, all recalls are provided free of charge, and for best results and quicker service, it is recommended to make an appointment with your area Porsche dealership. To find Porsche car dealers in your area, check out the Car Dealer Locator tool.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Location: Waltham, MA/Southport,CT/Vero Beach, FL/Grosse Pointe, MI
steve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to all
Just don't get into an accident :P

Old 09-10-2010, 09:06 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Or don't drive like an 85 year old lady with the seat pushed forward.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:57 AM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by falb
Or don't drive like an 85 year old lady with the seat pushed forward.
That sounds like the people I get annoyed with on the highway ever so often

Old 09-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
Speaking of TSB's/campaigns, not recalls, you guys get the new flash update for the PDK from the dealer as of yet? Apparently it smoothes out and improves shifting considerably... I'll tell you more tomorrow when I pick my new one up

Old 09-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Ted
Speaking of TSB's/campaigns, not recalls, you guys get the new flash update for the PDK from the dealer as of yet? Apparently it smoothes out and improves shifting considerably... I'll tell you more tomorrow when I pick my new one up
How'd it go Ted?

Old 09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
Well, I'm still in the middle of it... I may still do the Turbo S instead, that's where my heart really is. The Panamera is a wonderful car but I'm really looking for a third car, not a daily. There really is no substitute for he new S. It's just stupid fast, etc...

As for the flash, I did drive it this weekend and it does seem to be a lot smoother than before. Apparently this update has only been out for a few weeks. I guess it affects all PDK's not just the Pan Turbo.