Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me weigh the pros and cons 2011 cayenne turbo vs 2010-2011 s vs turbo panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:14 PM
03LX470 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jace
Okay I'll be brief since it's a post from the phone and I'm watching the US open...
Currently have a 2008 cayenne gts.
I have a brain problem where if I don't get the best I feel I'm missing something or I'll he disappointed. It's a serious problem but that's how it is. Now forget what I just said when deciding how to lend advice.
I like the space in the cayenne with a suv capability and a car performance. Live in CO.
How is the panamera s vs the turbo? Meaning will one be disappointed in the S vs the turbo? Then compare whichever of those to the new cayenne turbo.

I'm torn. Currently leaning towards cayenne but that's because I'm familiar with the gts, just disappointed in the acceleration part of the performance.
Living at altitude a turbo might be the better option. We are a family of 4.

Thanks for all input positive and negative for both.
I have the same disease. This is what I have gone through in the past 1 year:

1. Slightly Panamera S. Loved it. Sold it as the interior color was too light and the wheels were not of my choice and the new Cayenne was about to be released.

2. Slightly Used 2011 Cayenne S. Sold it as the interior color was too dark and I came across a slightly used 2011 Cayenne Turbo.

3. Slightly Used 2011 Cayenne Turbo. Overpowered for everyday use and after getting the best possible Cayenne I realize that 1) it was too much money for a SUV 2) Cayennes will become very common in the next year as it's Porsche's best selling model (no exclusivity for the kind of money you have in the car) 3) It doesnt have the road presence which a $140k SUV should have. Sold to get a brand new 2010 Panamera Turbo.

4. New 2010 Panamera Turbo. Interior & exterior color of my choice. It has every option I always wanted or felt missing in other Porsches.

In instance 1-3 above, I managed to take almost no hit on depreciaton as I purchased them slightly used and they were still very low mileage when I sold them.

In the PTT case, I know I will take a big hit if I ever try to sell it so this will keep me going and to keep the car for the long haul. Also, what else can you possibly buy after selling the top of the range Porsche flagship car?

Moral of the story: My recommendation is you get a fully loaded PTT just as a medicine for your disease. However, a CTT with no more than 19" wheels is what I would get if I were in snow climate.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:36 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
driving in the snow

Have you driven the ptt in the snow? Why do you say get a cayenne if you drive in the snow? I am about to trade my 2011 ctt for a 2011 ptt but I live in a snowy climate. Will the ptt not work with winter tires? I do love the ctt but I to have the disease.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:09 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I suspect that the panamera can handle anything on a paved road that the cayenne can, and 95% of cayennes never go off road.