Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know that I am a knucklehead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
I know that I am a knucklehead

I have the Porsche Easy Entry. I put the fob on the sunroof while placing items in the car. I forgot it there. You can imagine what's coming. A new one is going to run me $450!
Ouch! That stings.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Pheonix has a spectacular aura aboutPheonix has a spectacular aura about
yea Ouch. Sorry about that. You see the news a few months back about the women that left her baby in the carrier on the roof and shes driving with all these cars honking at her. Now that is much worse.

I have the entry package as well. I just leave the Fob in my pocket and never use it. I also bought this from suncoast. Expensive but protects the FOB. Its very expensive and I didnt want to take any chances.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=970TT_intacc

Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
wonder if there are any on ebay and then have the dealer program it to your car? Just looked there were a few others but none that I could find.

Wonder if your comprehensive deductible would cover it on your auto insurance too?

Old 10-09-2010, 09:34 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
Thanks for the sympathy. I am going to get one of those fob protectors. Interesting thought about insurance. I am so scared to claim anything on my insurance. I had a lightning strike a few years ago, which fried some home electronics to the tune of about 10G. When my policy was up for renewal, the bastards dropped me! I suppose I will suck it up and attribute it to my infrequent moments of stupidity!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Look at the comprehensive portion of your auto insurance not your homeowners. The comprehensive is the one used for windshields and rims - it should have a much lower deductible.

Keep trolling eBay too.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:27 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by forgeahead
Thanks for the sympathy. I am going to get one of those fob protectors. Interesting thought about insurance. I am so scared to claim anything on my insurance. I had a lightning strike a few years ago, which fried some home electronics to the tune of about 10G. When my policy was up for renewal, the bastards dropped me! I suppose I will suck it up and attribute it to my infrequent moments of stupidity!
Makes you wonder why anyone bothers with insurance. They spend their money on two things....marketing and denying claims