Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Coat Fogging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 05:46 AM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
Porsche NA has fully resolved this issue.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:14 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
I am anti band wagon, nor do I fluff what I say
anti band wagon? ....please

a very high view of your own opinion is more like it!

Last edited by LRDog; 10-30-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:22 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Siswati
As stated above, cars are routinely touched up at dealers. Happens all the time. No one willl ever find out if a hood was repainted.
I agree that it happens all the time; bought a 993 once that had the drivers door repainted probably during production and when I went to trade it, the dealer put a paint meter on it and in turn offered less b/c it wasn't original!

....ever heard of a paint meter? Any sensible dealer or informed buyer is going to put one on the car at resale and then what would you tell them? Or, would you have told them about the paint work in advance?

Last edited by LRDog; 10-30-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by RichS2010
Porsche NA has fully resolved this issue.
Glad to hear it all worked out for you!!

Last edited by LRDog; 10-30-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:52 AM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LRDog
Glad to hear it all worked out for you!!
I especially want to thank you for your thoughtful advice and for understanding my concern. Best regards, Rich

Old 10-30-2010, 01:58 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
anti band wagon? ....please

a very high view of your own opinion is more like it!
Yawn....

Old 10-30-2010, 02:10 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
I agree that it happens all the time; bought a 993 once that had the drivers door repainted probably during production and when I went to trade it, the dealer put a paint meter on it and in turn offered less b/c it wasn't original!

....ever heard of a paint meter? Any sensible dealer or informed buyer is going to put one on the car at resale and then what would you tell them? Or, would you have told them about the paint work in advance?
Just asked my buddy over at the local Porsche dealer which I am friends with for years... And the dealership has a great reputation...

His words were

"we have better things to do than walk around with a paint meter, not even on the Carrera GT's, McLaren's, Maybachs, or Spyker's... and some other choice words"

Now just for consistency, I called the 2 other Porsche franchises... and guess what... NO!

Then the local exotic dealer... he laughed at me, (I know him for years) his answer was something along the lines of the keyboard commando's on the internet... and maybe if it was a 1 of car in the world with a special hard to get paint that was all hyped up like the, well nothing he could think of... but his answer is no!

asked if has one? yes
asked if he ever done it? yes
asked him why, because they didn't want to go too far when repairing the fender in the lambo...

So please, the non-sense of a perfect vehicle from a mass produced, or hand produced manufacturer is out the window

Old 10-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
Just asked my buddy over at the local Porsche dealer which I am friends with for years... And the dealership has a great reputation...

His words were

"we have better things to do than walk around with a paint meter, not even on the Carrera GT's, McLaren's, Maybachs, or Spyker's... and some other choice words"

Now just for consistency, I called the 2 other Porsche franchises... and guess what... NO!

Then the local exotic dealer... he laughed at me, (I know him for years) his answer was something along the lines of the keyboard commando's on the internet... and maybe if it was a 1 of car in the world with a special hard to get paint that was all hyped up like the, well nothing he could think of... but his answer is no!

asked if has one? yes
asked if he ever done it? yes
asked him why, because they didn't want to go too far when repairing the fender in the lambo...

So please, the non-sense of a perfect vehicle from a mass produced, or hand produced manufacturer is out the window
You're not really that gullible...? I don't buy it for a second.

I've had Mercedes dealers, BMW dealers AND Porsche dealers do it when looking at my trade.....

If that is truly the case then they are all idiots and the day they get burned is right around the corner! If they leave this issue to chance they are just not just not very smart (or look the other way and hope a buyer such as yourself comes in and doesn't care?) and it has nothing to do with keyboard commandos..... If they don't do it and tell you they've never had an issue b/c they didn't disclose paint work or repaired damage then not only are they idiots (and if you believe them so are you!) they are liars! If I bought a car from one of these and found out it had paint work they didn't disclose, they'd be taking the car back.... well, on second thought I'd know if it did b/f I would commit to buy whether there was paint work/repaired damage or not.

Maybe you're a guy who just doesn't care about this sort of thing? I've bought and sold 50+ very nice cars (just sold my CLK63 Black Series to Graham Rahal) over the years and I'd say that the majority of buyers I've dealt with have asked about paint work and/or damage - Graham did! I always know and I always disclose if there has been (which happened only once b/c I didn't check b/f I bought the car....)

Last edited by LRDog; 10-30-2010 at 02:40 PM.