Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on radio presets & LED lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Fly970TT is infamous around these parts
Questions on radio presets & LED lights

1) every now and then when i start my car i lose some or all radio presets.
Also my setting on boost guage switch from lbs to bar and my reverse setting is reset. Anyone have this experience.
2) How do i keep just the LED lights on during the day. I turn the light switch 1 to the right but i always forget to turn off. Is there any other way?
My car is a 2011 PTT..Thanks in advance!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:57 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Strangely the radio presets are unique to each ignition key. Make sure you use the same key each day and you should be fine - I had that happen to me also. There are a bunch of things that the key remembers - I bet it will solve the other issues too.

The DRL's I think are in the "lighting" menu in the PCM screen

Old 11-16-2010, 08:11 PM
DHH-Thanks for reply..i know about the keys and i use the same one everyday and is still happening. When i put DRL on the headlights also comes on along w LED's. I've seen bunch of Pan S and S4 driving in my hood and headlights are off with LED's on.

Last edited by Fly970TT; 11-16-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:27 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Sorry - all I have is p142 of owners manual - but no mention of Headlights on with DRL's in Turbo. No clue about other weird things you mention - sorry again. I'll look in my Panamera Technical book in a bit. The turbo may have differnt DRL's - I see "Daytime running lights with 4 LED spots per headlamp" in the features online. Possibly your headlamps aren't on and the "spots" are what you see in the headlamps?

Select
> “

Vehicle
> “

Settings
> “

Light/Visibility
> “

Exterior lights

Daytime light

Confirm selection.
Daytime driving lights are activated.
Daytime driving lights are
deactivated.

Last edited by dhh; 11-16-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 PM
tony102385 is infamous around these parts
The radio presets are linked to seat memory on the door, try it next time, I had same issue when I first got mine. The led you are reffering to are around the turn signals that look like fog lights. They are the drl I believe but I could be wrong.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 PM
tony102385 is infamous around these parts
I just did more investigating and I was wrong. The drl's are led's around the headlights and the led's around the turn signals only come on when parking lights are on or headlights on. So the look you are wanting are considered the parking lights, not sure why porsche did this but I think they should have not put led around the headlights and had the parking led's as the drl's.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:47 AM
jmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to all
After setting ALL preferences in the car and before leaving the car push the OFF button on the door until the light goes out. Then push the SET button and one of the number keys until you hear a beep. All preferences are now set to button ! or 2. Push the OFF button until the light comes back on to prevent inadvertently changing the preferences. Now your seat position, outside mirror position and behavior when backing, your radio presets including volume, your boost units preference, whether or not your Sport Chrono doubles as a clock, your configurable screen preferences, your driving light decisions, and more that I'm not recalling will all stay the way you set them. It has nothing to do with the keys you use (that's on a 911) and everything to do with finalizing your choices on the four door buttons. All of these preferences can be overridden by changing them but they will revert to the saved decisions after a restart. Lock-Unlock-Lock will make them semi-permanent, but only until you Lock-Unlock-Lock again with different preferences.

I hope that is easy to understand. It's hard to explain.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jmmk
After setting ALL preferences in the car and before leaving the car push the OFF button on the door until the light goes out. Then push the SET button and one of the number keys until you hear a beep. All preferences are now set to button ! or 2. Push the OFF button until the light comes back on to prevent inadvertently changing the preferences. Now your seat position, outside mirror position and behavior when backing, your radio presets including volume, your boost units preference, whether or not your Sport Chrono doubles as a clock, your configurable screen preferences, your driving light decisions, and more that I'm not recalling will all stay the way you set them. It has nothing to do with the keys you use (that's on a 911) and everything to do with finalizing your choices on the four door buttons. All of these preferences can be overridden by changing them but they will revert to the saved decisions after a restart. Lock-Unlock-Lock will make them semi-permanent, but only until you Lock-Unlock-Lock again with different preferences.

We had a problem in that we were using Key #2 and saving settings into Button #1. As a result our PCMS settings were totally out of sync. Our Dealer then took my wife and I through the process you described but, also made us keep the correct key (verified through PCMS which key was being recognized) in the car at the same time, and it worked for both button #1 and then button #2. They also had each of us do the lock-unlock-lock as part of the saving procedure for each button save. However, the one exception we find is that when the "Off" button light is on our "Comfort Access" setting doesn't work. When the "Off" button light is off the "Comfort Access" setting resumes functioning.

Last edited by RichS2010; 11-17-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by jmmk

Thank You! Now i get it
The only way to run the lower LED lights by itself is 1 click right which
is Parking mode..Have to turn off manually everytime.