Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aside from power, handling, great tranny, the single best thing about this car is....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:38 AM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Siswati
To TheRox and BoxterG

Not comparing the Panamera to a 911 in any way. Unfortunately I live in Fl where there are no opportunities to really appreciate any cars handling, unless you do some track days, and that is not what the Panny is made for, so admittedly the performance in a straight line is what I deal with most day-to-day. And I have a dedicated race car.

Coming from several AMG's - E55 and CLS55's, I am disappointed with the torque and horspower. This is to be expected as the S is significantly off from the AMG's. Weight of the cars is similar and the driving experience is similar, luxurious and refined.

Sure the TT's would be more of a fair comparison, except in the price dept, where it sells at a tremendous premium. My ex AMG's and the Panny S are price comparable.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the car, but there are a few disappointments and I have listed those.
I hear ya...there is a car for almost everyone out there.

What you need is a turbo charged car. Your 55AMG series vehicles were supercharged, probably giving you good down low torque.

Since you like to drive automatics, a boosted car is optimal for you; the only time you don't want boost is with 6MT -- the lag is annoying.

So yea, you should def consider a Panamera Turbo, or if you're more into luxury, Mercedes' new CLS is gorgeous! Of course the 911 TT goes like a rocket too . BTW, the next BMW M5 will also be turbocharged, giving it that rocket like acceleration, so you could wait for that.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
I agree - the power on the 4S is disappointing - I came out of a S63 and I miss the extra 115 hp and 120 ftlbs of torque. I'm trying to get into a Turbo now.

There is no substitute for horsepower except the 4S was just cheaper than the Turbo. Money is the only reason not to get a Turbo and I tried to save money and regret it.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Finally got my Panamera Turbo with the powerkit, very fast. Effortless sub 4 second 0-60's in Mercedes S class luxury, but with much better handling. With the torque vectoring and chassis control, it handles better than any mercedes or bmw sedan I have ever driven, including my old m5 (which I loved dearly). The PDK is cold for driver involvement but is incredibly efficient and fast. It is a great tranny from this car. I love my short throw 6 speed in my 911 turbo. Both cars are home runs.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I know it has been a while, but did you ever post pics of your PTT with powerkit?
Would love to see!
What are your thoughts many months into ownership?

Old 07-17-2011, 08:25 AM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
1. four seats
2. huge rear hath, trunk
3. exterior styling and my turbo II wheels with 5 mm spacer (rear)
4. tranny i so smooth, sophisticated
5. PCM, love the bluetooh audio (pandora and ipod)

VERY pleased with my decision