Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aside from power, handling, great tranny, the single best thing about this car is....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Dr Chill is infamous around these parts
Aside from power, handling, great tranny, the single best thing about this car is....

BLUETOOTH AUDIO!!!!!! It's about time this is found on cars with bluetooth capabilities.

What does everyone else think is great?

Worst thing by far is visibility.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:45 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
As mine has been out of service for 3 weeks out of its first 10 - I hope one day my answer will be reliability.....

Old 11-25-2010, 10:39 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
Total Package

The driver interface is outstanding. It really does what I have been saying all along that autos ought to do! Seamless bluetooth interface (with easy access to the phonebook via the steering wheel-how 'bout that!), great i-pod access, etc. AND, she drives like a dream, calm and collected in standard mode, a beast in sport.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:31 AM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
Bluetooth integration is SUPERB - best yet of any car I have owned. Driving comfort, and ergonomics are great too. The feeling from the drivers seat is top shelf.

However, very disappointed in the power of my S (lame), rear visibility (none), exhaust note (lame), shift buttons on steering wheel (lame), sequential shift on gear lever (wrong direction), and poirpoising over slow speed bumps (strange) irrespective of suspension setting.

And I was hoping the looks of the Panny would grow on me, but unfortunately they have not. Lets face it, I am driving an ugly car.

Last edited by Siswati; 11-30-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Siswati
Bluetooth integration is SUPERB - best yet of any car I have owned. Driving comfort, and ergonomics are great too. The feeling from the drivers seat is top shelf.

However, very disappointed in the power of my S (lame), rear visibility (none), exhaust note (lame), shift buttons on steering wheel (lame), sequential shift on gear lever (wrong direction), and poirpoising over slow speed bumps (strange) irrespective of suspension setting.

And I was hoping the looks of the Panny would grow on me, but unfortunately they have not. Lets face it, I am driving an ugly car.
Wow, that must be painful owning a car you hate so much! Please let me do you a favor and take it off your hands immediately. Won't charge you a dime.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
Ha Ha - dont actually hate the car, rather enjoy it at times, but in many ways I am disappointed. This is my first Porsche and I was expecting a bit more, maybe my expectations were too high.

From a daily driving perspective the car is more than satisfactory, but not what I was expecting.

Now if someone wants to take it iff my hands I will really offer a great deal, and I mean a SWEEEEEEEET DEAL. Car has less than 1,000 miles. Located in Fort Lauderdale.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Buy the turbo, it will fix all your complaints. 0-60 under 4 seconds and quarter in the 11's in complete comfort and luxury.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:28 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Ha Ha - dont actually hate the car, rather enjoy it at times, but in many ways I am disappointed. This is my first Porsche and I was expecting a bit more, maybe my expectations were too high.

From a daily driving perspective the car is more than satisfactory, but not what I was expecting.

Now if someone wants to take it iff my hands I will really offer a great deal, and I mean a SWEEEEEEEET DEAL. Car has less than 1,000 miles. Located in Fort Lauderdale.
......think you're disappointed Porsche, try a Maserati.

Best thing about mine...... Looks!

Old 12-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by LRDog
......think you're disappointed Porsche, try a Maserati.

Best thing about mine...... Looks!
Actually I did try a Maserati Cambiocorsa - for a VERY short while and gave up. Not for the faint hearted. Need two -one for the workshop and one to drive!

Old 12-03-2010, 02:41 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Actually I did try a Maserati Cambiocorsa - for a VERY short while and gave up. Not for the faint hearted. Need two -one for the workshop and one to drive!
so true....

Old 12-03-2010, 02:42 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
BLUETOOTH AUDIO!!!!!! It's about time this is found on cars with bluetooth capabilities.

What does everyone else think is great?

Worst thing by far is visibility.
The only mirrors I have ever used are the side view mirrors...the rear view mirror is usually redundant for me...

Old 12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
BoxsterG is infamous around these parts
Many people want to compare this car to a 911. While Porsche has made a 4 door sedan dont expect it to be a 911. It is a sporty sedan fully capable of providing comfort and sport at the same time.
If you can live with the expectation, then you wont be disappointed.
I would suggest you compare it to a MB S-Class, BMW 7 Series or Audi A8. This car is much more sportier than those vehicles IMHO and can provide the luxury just as well.
You have to look at this vehicle for its market segment and then you will be able to see it for what it really is.It is NOT a stretched 911 if that is what you expected. It IS a luxury vehicle with a sporting charateristic and handles very well.

Let me know your thoughts!

Old 12-05-2010, 05:26 PM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about

I guess its not for everyone. You didn't mention the handling for a 4 door car.

Turbo is faster than the S, its low end torque would give that rocket ship like effect you're probably looking for. Have you tried an S class? They are super luxurious -- make you feel like a king. Maybe an S63 AMG.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BoxsterG
Many people want to compare this car to a 911. While Porsche has made a 4 door sedan dont expect it to be a 911. It is a sporty sedan fully capable of providing comfort and sport at the same time.
If you can live with the expectation, then you wont be disappointed.
I would suggest you compare it to a MB S-Class, BMW 7 Series or Audi A8. This car is much more sportier than those vehicles IMHO and can provide the luxury just as well.
You have to look at this vehicle for its market segment and then you will be able to see it for what it really is.It is NOT a stretched 911 if that is what you expected. It IS a luxury vehicle with a sporting charateristic and handles very well.

Let me know your thoughts!
I'm fairly certain no one looks at the Panamera thinking it will be a 911. Anyone who passed high school physics would know that. If not, then -- some people have a lot of money or credit lying around!

Engine is different, different layout, weight is greater, weight distrubtion is different, suspension tuning is different (its soft as a cruiser should be), even the engine tuning is different, interior is different. This car was not meant to lap tracks -- Porsche just does that whole track thing as a marketing ploy; its mean to haul family, provide some road feedback, provide a Porsche status symbol that can be daily driven in any weather condition.

This car compares with BMW and Mercedes and Audi respectfully and its reflexes is probably on par...and exceeds its competitors (though its all marginal at this price point). Above all, I do feel it provides a status symbol as 4 door car; hence the huge premium. The M5 isn't exactly a slouch etc.

Above all, no way a large car that is as wide as the Panamera can have the driving response, tight feel, and reflexes of a tiny frog like 911 beetle.

Last edited by TheRox; 12-05-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:16 AM
To TheRox and BoxterG

Not comparing the Panamera to a 911 in any way. Unfortunately I live in Fl where there are no opportunities to really appreciate any cars handling, unless you do some track days, and that is not what the Panny is made for, so admittedly the performance in a straight line is what I deal with most day-to-day. And I have a dedicated race car.

Coming from several AMG's - E55 and CLS55's, I am disappointed with the torque and horspower. This is to be expected as the S is significantly off from the AMG's. Weight of the cars is similar and the driving experience is similar, luxurious and refined.

Sure the TT's would be more of a fair comparison, except in the price dept, where it sells at a tremendous premium. My ex AMG's and the Panny S are price comparable.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the car, but there are a few disappointments and I have listed those.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aside from power, handling, great tranny, the single best thing about this car is....