Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price Check - Pana 6 cyl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Got 8% off a PTT custom order back in March 2010 but it didn't get delivered until August. I only put a grand down for the deposit also.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Dr Chill is infamous around these parts
Got 6% off 2011 V6 ordered in August from Champion with MSRP $83000. Car arrived 3 months later. Early build allocations are not plentiful.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Clint Eastwood is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Got 6% off 2011 V6 ordered in August from Champion with MSRP $83000. Car arrived 3 months later. Early build allocations are not plentiful.
interesting. same dealer is not budging off 5% off. its on an 85k v6 preorder. they were at 4.7%, i am trying to add a $1700 option and get more off too. the best they can do for me now he says is overall add the option and go to 5% off msrp. seems like a good deal for ordering at this time with preorders now decreased. if i can do better, i dont know how. they seem to be trying to work with me. funny that 4 months later i get
1% less off msrp.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood
if i can do better, i dont know how. they seem to be trying to work with me. funny that 4 months later i get
1% less off msrp.
They are not working with you; they are working you! And, you keep going back for more with no negotiating leverage. Do you really believe that Champion is going to give you a better deal just because you keep asking for one? The only way you are possibly going to make some progress (and it may already be too late based on your history) is to go out and get a better deal from another Dealer. Have you negotiated with The Collection not that far away? Have you emailed the Internet Salesperson at Suncoast with a 10% off offer (with a goal to settle at 8% off)? You have to be willing to work for a better deal if you really want one. If you do not want to work for it, or are unwilling to walk away from Champion if they will not match a better deal, just pay Champion what they want and enjoy your overpriced Panamera. Enough said.

Last edited by RichS2010; 01-05-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 PM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
That is excellent intel. Thanks -- I will put it to good use next week when I visit my local dealer!
Let us know how you make out. For whatever it's worth - I never go to the Dealer I plan to buy the car from first. I always like to have an acceptable deal in my pocket (if you have another Dealer to go to) before walking into my local Dealer. Good luck!

Last edited by RichS2010; 01-05-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by RichS2010
Mine is an S which I custom ordered - a little over 8% off sticker.
anyway, of course i have tried negotiating with other dealers. and quite honestly, so far none of them have come close to the deal im looking at. i even made some calls to the dealer in SW florida.

by the way, you got 8% off sticker on a custom ordered S? what year? 2010 or 2011? and when did you order it. when i talked to naples, they said those deals are gone as the cars are now selling quite well. and they also told me they dont discount the 2011 base models like that.

i have negotiated lots of car deals in the past, thought this car is by far the nicest most expensive one i have tried. my understanding right now is that its a new segment of this car. the base model 2011 panamera is selling very well now. not so well that they sell over msrp or anything, but there have been plenty of cars to do so.

are there any out there that have got significant more than 5% off msrp on a pretty recently custom ordered base panamera? because right now i am being made to feel like a loser on this thread.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:25 AM
by the way, you got 8% off sticker on a custom ordered S? what year? 2010 or 2011? and when did you order it. when i talked to naples, they said those deals are gone as the cars are now selling quite well.
Yup...That's exactly what they initially said to me. Good luck!

Old 01-06-2011, 06:28 AM
well you are obviously a master car purchaser/negotiator. thanks for you advice.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:17 AM
well you are obviously a master car purchaser/negotiator. thanks for you advice.
You joined in on this thread seeking information and other member experiences and advice. It is clear that a number of us have been able to get between 8% - 10% off and shared this information freely and honestly with you. For whatever reasons you have not been able to accomplish this. Either accept and be satisfied with the 5% off deal that you currently have or do something about it.

My apologies to the OP for this diversion.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Yes I did. And I asked you questions about your deal to see the difference. Your response basically just insulted my ability to negotiate rather than see if my deal was the same as yours. The only response that helped was the poster who got 6% off msrp on a preordered base 2011 in august from the same dealer as me. Your deal on an S isn't comparable. And I asked you when you did it. Market conditions change by the month and I was trying to Hague my deal with current conditions.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:20 AM
The only response that helped was the poster who got 6% off msrp on a preordered base 2011 in august from the same dealer as me.
And you haven't been able to get your salesperson to match that deal at the same dealer just a few months ago?

Once again, my apologies to the OP

Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 AM
See unhelpful insulting responses like that are derailing this thread. And you not understanding that a deal 4 months ago for $800 cheaper may not be achievable. But I'm sure you could walk in to any porsche dealer in the country and get your 10% off msrp on a custom v6 just by expressing your knowledge.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
My dealer said the same thing. He offered 5% off because I was a "loyal customer" and 5k deposit. I had already gone to another dealer who I knew I wasn't going to buy from. His offer was 7% off and $3k deposit which I had in writing. That's how I ended up at 8% off with a $1k deposit and at delivery they took another $2k off because I waited so long and the 11's were out.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 AM
i think for the OP we need to see what people are currently getting off of custom ordered or stock 2011 base models. these dont have as much room at this point to discount as far as my experience has gone. a 2010 turbo after the 2011 v6 is out naturally will be discounted more. i would like to see what others are getting currently.

many years ago when the acura mdx was new we bought it as our family car. people at that time were having to pay 2k over sticker, we got it for a shade under. but 2 years later we traded in for a newer one and got a shade over invoice.

point is, things change based on timing and sales. that isnt to say my deal is the best i or anyone can get, but i think there are more factors at play than "well i got 8% off so if you cant you must be a bad negotiator."

Old 01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
No apologies necessary guys. It is all still relevant. I have several options out there for a 6 cyl 2011 with an MSRP of $82-$85k. There is also a 2010 S model with 8,500 miles listed for $88k (MSRP $109k) that I have looked at. Since I am looking for a luxury cruiser and not a racer, I would be content with the 6 cyl. If I can get it for something between $75-$80k depending on options, I think I would prefer to go ahead and just get it instead of the used S model available.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Price Check - Pana 6 cyl