Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10' panamera 4s or 08' 911 turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:18 PM
cst.twentyfirst is infamous around these parts
Question 10' panamera 4s or 08' 911 turbo?

'lkajsdfas'oijf

Last edited by cst.twentyfirst; 10-26-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
pmichaelis is infamous around these parts
Get your goals in order

Originally Posted by cst.twentyfirst
Its about that time for an upgrade to a new car and im considering a 2008 911 turbo or a 2010 panamera 4s? Obviously they are very different cars but im still having trouble deciding between the two. Im starting college in the fall and if I went with the panamera it would be alot more practical, but if I went with the 911 turbo I feel I would enjoy it more and I would definitely track it.

So what would you reccomend?

Thanks,
Connor
If you're starting college, a good education will lead to superior jobs, I'd forget "tracking" and concentrate on education. The fun and games can come later, make yourself into the best you can because it's a rough world out here and competition will weed out less than superior graduates.
How do I know, because I've hired many graduates and rejected more.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
twist-a-grip is infamous around these partstwist-a-grip is infamous around these parts
Young Connor, you're thinking way too "outside the box." FOCUS!!! - there is only one attribute to compare - which car will pull more chicks? I say black TT, as red or yellow might be a little too flashy for a freshman.

I agree with the previous post, that education should be your #1 priority, but come on, you'll have more than enough time to hit the track every few weeks - it's college - live damn it - live. And when you're not at the track - you're cruising the campus in your 911 picking up hot TX blondes.

Furthermore, I would bet a Turbo will hold its value better so you have a little more beer money when you trade it in for a 2010 458 for your junior year.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 PM
SMSgt B is infamous around these partsSMSgt B is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
Young Connor, you're thinking way too "outside the box." FOCUS!!! - there is only one attribute to compare - which car will pull more chicks? I say black TT, as red or yellow might be a little too flashy for a freshman.

I agree with the previous post, that education should be your #1 priority, but come on, you'll have more than enough time to hit the track every few weeks - it's college - live damn it - live. And when you're not at the track - you're cruising the campus in your 911 picking up hot TX blondes.

Furthermore, I would bet a Turbo will hold its value better so you have a little more beer money when you trade it in for a 2010 458 for your junior year.
Hmmm let's see ... TT and you pick up 1 hot blonde, Panamera and you pick up 4 hot blondes.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cst.twentyfirst
Its about that time for an upgrade to a new car and im considering a 2008 911 turbo or a 2010 panamera 4s? Obviously they are very different cars but im still having trouble deciding between the two. Im starting college in the fall and if I went with the panamera it would be alot more practical, but if I went with the 911 turbo I feel I would enjoy it more and I would definitely track it.

So what would you reccomend?

Thanks,
Connor
Panamera 4S, hands down....with dark tints!

Imagine the things you can do with all that space, specially the back seats, they are indeed functional which I am sure you can use in your college days.....

to the guys who are giving him advice about education, stay on topic....if he wanted to hear about how he should concentrate on his education in college he would have gone and asked his parents...no one really cares how many graduates you have rejected....look around, good education doesnt really mean you are going to be making the $$...

given he has an option between a panamera 4S and a 911 Turbo goes to show that he doesnt really need your advice...he has got it together already (inheritance or not ) )

Old 02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
my .02...If I were a college freshman again hands down 911 baby!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:26 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ophtho
my .02...If I were a college freshman again hands down 911 baby!!!
I would pick pana4s because one the more seats you have in the car, the more populare you become. Two I just dont trust myself in a car as fast as the turbo at that age.

Did you goto school in Pittsburgh?

Old 02-02-2011, 04:38 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
I would pick pana4s because one the more seats you have in the car, the more populare you become. Two I just dont trust myself in a car as fast as the turbo at that age.

Did you goto school in Pittsburgh?
True but the 911 is just sexy. He would easily get the hottest chick AND her friend with the 911. They could sit on each other's lap. The 4S would have to many people tagging along.

No, Duke grad

Old 02-02-2011, 05:00 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
U have to drive both, that´s the only way to decide imho.
In the end it`s not the space that matters it is the feeling u get from driving the car. Both are great cars.

btw, when it comes to chicks, my experience is that chicks prefer the luxurious feeling more than the hardcore performance, which means comfort and space is a plus when ladies are involved and the Pana4S is not a lame duck either.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:15 PM
pmichaelis is infamous around these parts
If you don't like my advice.

Originally Posted by keeperofbeasts
Panamera 4S, hands down....with dark tints!

Imagine the things you can do with all that space, specially the back seats, they are indeed functional which I am sure you can use in your college days.....

to the guys who are giving him advice about education, stay on topic....if he wanted to hear about how he should concentrate on his education in college he would have gone and asked his parents...no one really cares how many graduates you have rejected....look around, good education doesnt really mean you are going to be making the $$...

given he has an option between a panamera 4S and a 911 Turbo goes to show that he doesnt really need your advice...he has got it together already (inheritance or not ) )
If HE asked for advice, it's not your place to reject my advice. As for opinion about the value of college, That's a loser's song, it's up to the him to pick the proper career and know how to use it. And, for all you know he's a poser.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Austinm911 is infamous around these parts
Those are some very fancy cars for a college student...

Anyways, screw the girls. There are plenty of parties were there will be a selection of drunk college girls. Don't base the car off picking up women, that's silly.

Go for the 911, because parking at most colleges is a pain in the ***. Do you really want to lug around a 4000+ lb car around tight streets. And most college student will want to "play" with your car, and I guarantee you someone will mess with it in some way. I know people down where I live that get their motorcycles stolen, and I've heard many stories of people, drunk and acting stupid, who key random cars.

My .02, buy a cheaper car, save up the money (the 70,000$ or so) you will save and blow all of those savings on a brand new car when you're out of college. Hell by that time you could be buying a used sesto elemento