Sponsored by:

My new Panamera 4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:45 AM
twilight997 is infamous around these parts
My new Panamera 4

Here is my new toy, it's a 2011 Panamera 4

I've traded my 2004 Gallardo and bought this and I absolutely love it! I can carry my family wherever I want to go, no dramas!! Nothing else but only Burmester is enough to love this car .. It doesn't accelerate and feel as fast as Gallardo or 911 4S (my old car) but it's still fast enough to give you joy.. Launch control, sports chrono really works great and gives the car a sporty feel. There is no body roll, under or over steer on the corners at all, sports seats covers you very well.

Interior quality is very good, 2 tone natural leather interior and sports seats are really classy.

PCM is still not easy to operate, only improvement over 997 is touch screen.

The auto start stop function sometimes annoys me, I have to turn it off every time I start.. Sometimes you come to a stop and in 2 sec you decide to move but this function can't predict this and stops the car only for 1 sec.. I don't think it saves significant fuel.. Overall consumption is no where near the Porsche's claim, I don't drive hard, in normal driving I get 15 MPG!

Audi A7 has 2 options I wish was also present in Panamera as well ; the vacuum doors and head-up display..

I really love my car and I want to keep it for long..

Sorry the only pics I have are website watermarked:

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-15-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: website watermarks on images
Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats.

Yeah, start-stop annoys me too, I mainly drives it in sport mode.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if it is known or obvious, but if you press the auto start/stop button on the new Panamera or Cayennes (so it is lit up on the center console) and then store your memory settings (#1 or 2, etc...), it will remember that setting and when you start the car the next time, the auto start/stop will be off...and stay off...we discovered this on our 2011 Cayenne Turbo, and I just got a 2011 Panamera Turbo and it works the same...wish the dealer would have told me that!!! They rarely know this stuff...

Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Motohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the rough
Twilight, congrats on the Panamera. I just recently got a 4S coming from an 06 Gallardo. It is definately nice to be able to carry more than a bag of M&Ms in the trunk, isnt it. I also mainly drive mine in sport mode, and have turned off the stop start function. I only wish the speedo was correct and that the cars started in 1st gear, as the clutch seems to slip an aweful lot to me.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
We've had our P4 for a few weeks and love it as well. Enjoy yours!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Gaucho is infamous around these parts
Panamera 4 1500 mile report. Platinum Silver/black interior/19" turbo wheels/servo/sensors with back up camera/Bose with XM/burl wood/heat warmers. I think this color combo is particularly elegant and easy to maintain. I did consider black on black but I am very glad I got this combo.

Overall this car is the best I have ever owned. I had considered the BMW 5, MB E550 and Jag XF. Glad with my choice albeit a bit more expensive. Not a day goes by that someone drives right up and smiles and/or gives the thumbs up sign.

The interior is extremely luxurious and comfortable. The burl wood really adds a great sense of elegance to the black interior. The overall visibility front and side is excellent. The rear view is very limited and I am very glad I have the front/back sensors and camera. I think this is a must on this car.

I like the visual push button controls and lack of technology-heavy dials and I-drives. The dashboard display is terrific. It is great to see the map feature on the dashboard. The choices for setting up the options on the display are very nice and offers all kinds of choices to entertain your driving pleasure. The PCM is extraordinary as well as having XM with Bose. I am not an audiophile but I find myself becoming one!

As others have mentioned the PDK transmission is a bit "rough" on 2nd/3rd gear as the car starts to roll. Once it passes 4th gear it certainly is smoot. I was a bit surprised on how fast it gets to 7th gear on the "normal" setting. It also does not downshift when you slow down very quickly unless your speed drops below 40 or so. Going from 50mph to 80mph this car just flies. Smooth and responsive to the touch. Breaks are excellent. All wheel drive gives you a sense of control in wet roads. Reverse is a bit rough until you give it some gas. The PDK seems to not like moving backwards I guess!

Gas mileage combined on 50/50 with average speeds of 45mph has been in the 23 mph. With a full tank on the open road going 75 mph the full range displays at 570-590 miles. Have not had the chance to drive it for 200 miles or more on the open road to see if this is the case.

Regular 8-way seats are VERY comfortable. The heaters are excellent and the second setting is warm enough. The leather is of excellent quality and comfort.

I really like the flexibility of the hatchback and there is ample room for multiple golf bags.

Have not had to add any oil yet. Display shows at middle of oil gauge at this time.

I had the clear bra put on to entire hood, lights, mirrors and I am glad I did.

So far I could not be any happier with this car.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
iceman912 is infamous around these parts
Just got my P4 3 days ago. basalt Black/cognac cedar. 20" turbo wheels. Absolutely love the car. Its so well made. Fell in love w the interior. Im stll careful not to rev over 4500rpm. Such a joy to drive this car, my wife was crazy about the interior, she said its like a HERMES BERKIN bag....hahaha..Im will do detail on the car and will post some pics to share w u guys soon.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Thanks for your thoughts, you have an awesome vehicle!

Old 03-13-2011, 04:30 PM
RacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud of
Nice one! But...we want the photos!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Gaucho is infamous around these parts
Smile

See attached.

Attached Images    
Old 03-20-2011, 11:11 AM
twilight997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JCBH
Not sure if it is known or obvious, but if you press the auto start/stop button on the new Panamera or Cayennes (so it is lit up on the center console) and then store your memory settings (#1 or 2, etc...), it will remember that setting and when you start the car the next time, the auto start/stop will be off...and stay off...we discovered this on our 2011 Cayenne Turbo, and I just got a 2011 Panamera Turbo and it works the same...wish the dealer would have told me that!!! They rarely know this stuff...
This doesn't work Any other information how to disable this feature completely?

Yesterday the car didn't auto start on traffic lights, I got the warnign message manual start needed.. what's causing this problem? All I did was stopping in red light and tried to move on after about 30 seconds.

Last edited by twilight997; 03-20-2011 at 11:42 AM.