Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel and tire hazard insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:52 PM
bigzoe2001 is infamous around these parts
Wheel and tire hazard insurance

My dealer has offered the following wheel and tire hazard insurance for our new P4S:

"TIRE AND RIM WARRANTY
• Covers Damage caused by road hazards including glass, metal, potholes, debris, nails and blowouts
• Covers any cosmetic damage (road rash, hitting a curb or scratches from potholes)
• No mileage limitations, warranty stays in effect for duration of contract, even if tires are changed due to wear, the new set will be warrantied
• Covers any tire or rim that is on the vehicle even aftermarket (chrome rims will not be covered)
• Additional sets, such as Winter tires and Rims are covered
• Painted wheels are covered
• No limit on number of occurrences or claim benefits
• Covers all costs associated with repair, including installation, balancing, taxes, towing etc.
• Warranty is transferable adding resale value

Since you have 20inch rims on your car, this warranty makes a lot of sense.

COST: $1759 for 5 years $1659 for 4 years and $1559 for 3 years"

The cost seems crazy but wanted to know how existing owners think about this type of coverage. We have lots of deep potholes here in Toronto because of winter damage but hoping the forged Turbo IIs are up for the challenge!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
I think they offered it to me but it was $1000 for 3 years. I declined but was very tempted.

My dad went through 5 rims on his S550 in the past two years and the rim and tire warranty (3 years for free with his lease) paid for 5 rims and tires with only minor haggling needed. That was an outstanding value

Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 AM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
Price seems a bit high; if you can get them to cut the price in half maybe...

Old 02-18-2011, 07:12 AM
stevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to all
I paid $1195 for 5 years for rim and tire warranty. He said it's worth its weight in gold. My dealer specifically sold it to me that he would replace my tires for 'nail' damage whenever I wanted. He's already replaced all four once with OEM tires so essentially it pays for itself and then some.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:06 AM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
Don't know the situation in Toronto. In Florida I paid $599 for Wheel and Tire Warranty when I purchased as part of a 5 year protection package together with unlimited Ding removal for $699 and annual Perma Plate Protection (Detail, Wax, Leather cleaner & conditioner and carpet Shampoo) for $918. All coverages are for 5 years.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 PM
porshanut is infamous around these parts
I did it for one reason-carma! Since you don't have a spare tire, if you don't get the package, you will surely have a flat!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
I paid $600 for 5 years on a 2010 GT3.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fjpgt3
I paid $600 for 5 years on a 2010 GT3.

My dealer is $1,500 for 5 years. I wonder if this accepted throughout the US? Or only exclusive with the dealership of purchase? I don't know yet, as my car is on order.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:39 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Actually it was $695 for 60 months, the "Premium Package". The comapny is called "ASSURANCE EDGE. MOTOR CLUB PROGRAM". Their # is 888-248-8290.
Dealer did sign off on the agreement.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Price is high. I paid $750 for 3 yr coverage.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:48 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Huge markups. At BMW dealer cost was $99. They sold it for $799.00 You can negotiate the price. I had it and got 2 tires and fixed 3 bent rims so I think it was worth it.

Last edited by rossii; 02-24-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:18 AM
It was an uncomfortable part of the car negotiation. Sales guy wanted no real part in it, finance guy hounded me.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:32 AM
greyhound is infamous around these partsgreyhound is infamous around these parts
I was quoted 1,295 for 5 years on tire/wheel protection for 2011 gt3. I respectfully declined. However, I recently took a corner just a tad close and barely kerbed rt rear. Minor cosmetic 100 dollar fix. Another inch closer and would have been bad, bad, bad. I do plan to track car in near future and, as we speak having the front protected with 3M product. The cost is looking more appealing and the dealer will still sell it to me-is the price negotiable? I just hate all insurance premiums but maybe this one is a good one with the cost of wheels and tires so high?

Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 AM
jbnjersey is infamous around these parts
My dealer has the Tires/Rims/Dings and key replacement warranty listed at $2,400 for five years. Then again, they offered it to me for a "steal of a deal" at $1,999. I guess it's obvious that they're trying to take "good care" of me.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:37 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
My finance guy was VERY aggressive and condescending while explaining high priced packages available. Even spoke at length that tires and wheels WILL get damaged and it was cheap insurance for 1,300$'s for 3 years. Told him will think about it when car comes in 3 weeks. Then called 3 hours after the conversation asking if wanted the option and will factor in the lease price. Then pushed the 3M film for about 1,600. Said it will make car look like it was "spit-shined"!

Obviously there is huge commission for him. Don't mind people making profit, but, we weren't born last week. Oh, he said no use to change oil before 10,000 miles as oils are so good that even with city driving they can last for 15,000 miles as Porsche understates time for all their services. Said highway miles is when oil breaks down.

Seems I catch these "Porsche experts" with either blatant lies or are just really misinformed! Bottom line, to thread I will pass on the insurance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel and tire hazard insurance