Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you know that you can listen to Pandora wireless from your iPhone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:15 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Did you know that you can listen to Pandora wireless from your iPhone

JUST and FYI -

Did you know that you can listen to Pandora wireless from your iPhone through your stereo ???

I test drove a Porsche Panamera a week ago and the salesman showed me how I could listen to Pandora from my iPhone through the stereo (just as if it was SAT radio). It took less than 1 minute to set up (while we were driving). That was amazing.

The car I test drove did not have SAT / XM radio and I brought up the issue of . . . . . . . . He said, well if you use Pandora on your iPhone - you can listen to your music through the stereo just like SAT / XM.

REALLY ??? - sure let me show you, well a couple of buttons later - BOOM there it was. I was using my iPhone and using Pandora as the source for the music selection...... It was all wireless and sounded fantastic.

The dealership called me today to ask me about my experience with the salesman / dealership, I gave the saleman a 12 from a scale of 1 to 10 and 10 being the best.

That is the first saleman that ever told me about that options (it is on every Panni he told me). Dont ask me how he got us there, but he did. I think he went though the AUX mode

Old 02-19-2011, 09:24 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
works thru bluetooth. however, iphone is slow so you'll get spotty coverage and period pauses.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:27 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
I did not have any issues during the test drive, But that was all of 20 minutes or so.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
may be better in FL. can be spotty here in SF

Old 02-20-2011, 12:36 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
how do you do it via bluetooth? is their settings in pandora or its like a weird hack?

Old 02-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Dr Chill is infamous around these parts
You just link your phone via bluetooth and then set audio source on the PCM to BTaudio. You can stream anything from your phone such as mp3's, Pandora, internet radio, and even Sirius/XM with the SiriusXM mobile app. No need for a satellite receiver anymore to get sat radio.

I wrote about this months ago as being my favorite feature of this car.

I drove 80 miles yesterday listening to Pandora without interruption here in so FL.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Clint Eastwood is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
You just link your phone via bluetooth and then set audio source on the PCM to BTaudio. You can stream anything from your phone such as mp3's, Pandora, internet radio, and even Sirius/XM with the SiriusXM mobile app. No need for a satellite receiver anymore to get sat radio.

I wrote about this months ago as being my favorite feature of this car.

I drove 80 miles yesterday listening to Pandora without interruption here in so FL.
can you stream a feed from a website? for example, a Chicago sports radio station has a stream from their website. can i wirelessly listen to this using this feature?

Old 02-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Sarum87 is infamous around these parts
i downloaded the XM Radio App onto my I Phone 4 (AT&T). I love it and use it every day. I have not had any dropped coverage in SF.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:39 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
My kids love hearing Angry Birds through the stereo when they play.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Clint Eastwood is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by medici78
My kids love hearing Angry Birds through the stereo when they play.
so anything going on the phone can be heard through the speakers? this would be icing on the cake as i moved to florida, but like chicago sports radio.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:10 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood
so anything going on the phone can be heard through the speakers? this would be icing on the cake as i moved to florida, but like chicago sports radio.
Pretty much. If it can transmit through bluetooth, anything goes.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
SMSgt B is infamous around these partsSMSgt B is infamous around these parts
Man that is cool ... I don't have an I phone but will try it out with my Droid. Hopefully any BT phone running Pandora works.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Hybridc24k is infamous around these parts
I run Pandora but its spotty sometimes in LA. Very cool though!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
I've had a challenge getting my iphone 4 to play audio this way, it's connected to the PCM but I get no sound. It works fine for phone calls, or if I plug it in, but no sound when connected via bluetooth. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

Old 02-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by cvprez
I've had a challenge getting my iphone 4 to play audio this way, it's connected to the PCM but I get no sound. It works fine for phone calls, or if I plug it in, but no sound when connected via bluetooth. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?
You can set the iphone to have the audio output go to pcm or bluetooth. I had the same problem but its the iphone, not the pcm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Did you know that you can listen to Pandora wireless from your iPhone