Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phillies Pitcher J.C. Romero`s Panamera stolen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:55 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Phillies Pitcher J.C. Romero`s Panamera stolen

Romero, who lives in Alabama, had driven his car to the Bay area (as the team spring
trains in Clearwater
) yesterday, where his
blue 2011 Porsche Panamera TT (valued at $190,000)
was getting serviced at Bert Smith Porsche in St. Petersburg and today ... it’s gone.

Hopefully he had insurance, although Romero has already earned a total of $19 million for his career,
so he’ll probably be able to survive either way.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/04/j-c-romeros-190000-porsche-was-stolen-at-spring-training/

Some photos of his wicked Panamera:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 03-04-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
damn here local, stolen at the dealer or did it not say?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
yep, it was in for service and then it mysteriously vanished there last night.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:32 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
yep, it was in for service and then it mysteriously vanished there last night.
it's in a bad part of town, or well VERY close to a questionable area so it's understandable, but why anyone would steal that car thats easy to spot versus others is silly.. they probably dont realize the wheels and such will ONLY fit the panamera...5x130 and odd offsets.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM
or the dealer had it taken to they could sell him one of their PTT's sitting on the lot.lol

Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
i think the 1st thing they will get rid off is the wheels, they are not stock and the colour scheme is exceptional.
The rest of the car looks pretty much like every other stock Pana TT.
Maybe the dealer himself is a big Phillies Fan, so..., who knows...

Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
...and in a related story, the mayor of Mexico City's son was cited Friday morning for driving over twice the limit in a new custom Porsche sedan his father gave him for his sixteenth birthday...

Old 03-06-2011, 08:11 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
There must be a ring of pros stealing Porsches in for service from dealerships. It happened a couple months ago here too only this time they got 3 Porsches that were all in for service including a Panamera TT......

Prolly prudent at this time to find out where/how your keys are kept when your car goes in for service????? Beware!!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:27 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Probably stolen and shipped somewhere overseas to a prospective buyer.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:25 PM
pmichaelis is infamous around these parts
It's in a container on the way to China, where it'll bring big bucks and no questions.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 AM
V8HAHA is infamous around these parts
Does the Dealer have any liability or is it all his insurance?

Old 03-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Motohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the rough
That is the dealer that where I bought mine from, and just had my exhaust put on from.

They had a similar incident a few months ago when I was buying my car from them, and gave them my card. My company installs CCTV systems. I think this is an inside job.