Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p4s air suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
p4s air suspension

Hi Guys,

what exactly does air suspension add to handling WITHOUT PDCC? Raising the car for parking and lowering for looks is great. But does it add much to handling compared to one without?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 AM
dadc4s is infamous around these parts
The air suspension's best benefit is the ability to select between comfort, sport and sport plus settings. It really changes the car and provides great flexibility depending on what you want. Of course PDCC is awesome and I highly recommend it.
I have used the ability to raise the car several times to deal with steeply sloped driveways etc, very nice to have that ability. I would strongly suggest springing for PDCC and the air suspension on these cars. It should be standard, but that's Porsche for you.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:43 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dadc4s
The air suspension's best benefit is the ability to select between comfort, sport and sport plus settings. It really changes the car and provides great flexibility depending on what you want. Of course PDCC is awesome and I highly recommend it.
I have used the ability to raise the car several times to deal with steeply sloped driveways etc, very nice to have that ability. I would strongly suggest springing for PDCC and the air suspension on these cars. It should be standard, but that's Porsche for you.
To have the PDCC I need to also have the PVT right? Which is 5k. Is it worth 5k? I guess the questions is how does the car handle at sport plus setting with / without air suspension. The air suspension lowers one inch at the plus mode? Does it REALLY make it handle better in the real world? I understand the low center of gravity theory.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:48 PM
pmichaelis is infamous around these parts
The ride height change is the least of the attributes, the spring rate changes as does the shock absorber settings. It's an entirely different car with the sport settings. You can check this out on many internet sites.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Sport plus mode lowers the car roughly 2 inches from the comfort setting height. It really gives you the best of both worlds in the sense that you can cruise in comfort mode and then switch to sport or sport plus for some canyon carving confidence. It's the one option I had to have no matter what. You see a dramatic change in the handling and driving characteristics in the different settings. This is money well spent.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 PM
The approx 2 inches is the range of change from highest to low, nominally drops 1 inch from comfort setting.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 PM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dadc4s

Actually man, I'm glad I DO NOT have the air suspension.

My car is bought, and I intend to keep it for a while -- on delivery, the Porsche dealer said that its a good move b/c air suspension gets expensive in the long run and ALWAYS fails.

I don't need some car salesman to tell me this though (they don't know much more anyways) -- its long been known that air suspensions are a liability...a financial one, a pricey one.

Plus I find the regular coil suspension quite good for a GT Car. THe Panamera is not and never will be a sports car, its too big...why try too hard to make it one? Even the turbo is enormous...its simply not a 911.

I understand the marketing purpose for giving it 911 like features...but why get sucked in? its mad $$$

Old 03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pmichaelis
The approx 2 inches is the range of change from highest to low, nominally drops 1 inch from comfort setting.
Comfort setting is the highest setting. Therefore the height range from there to sport plus is 2 inches. Maybe you are referring to just the sport mode, which is a 1 inch lower height than the comfort mode.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:55 PM
iceman912 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Comfort setting is the highest setting. Therefore the height range from there to sport plus is 2 inches. Maybe you are referring to just the sport mode, which is a 1 inch lower height than the comfort mode.
Sorry but u are completely wrong.Comfort setting is the normal mode. Sports mode keep the same height as comfort but w stiffer suspension setting. sport plus mode is lowered by 1". U can elevate the car from comfort mode by almost 1" to avoid speed bumbs but it will go back to comfort once 20mph is reach...

Old 03-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
I suggest that you return to read the manual, the car drops from the highest setting at approx 20 mph, therefore it is NOT the comfort setting. To be precise, the car lowers by 25 mm (1 inch) and raises by 20 mm from the comfort setting. The highest ground clearance is 164 mm and the lowest is 119 mm. The nominal clearance is 144 mm, and it is also the comfort setting.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I will have to go back and read up on it again. Maybe I stand corrected.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:26 PM
NDP23 is infamous around these parts
I think its a must have option..but that might be cause i have it..hahaha

Old 09-15-2011, 06:49 PM
BRETT0429 is infamous around these parts
If u have sport chrono and premium pack when I put in sport plus it doesn't go down