Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the highest mileage on a Panamera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 02:01 PM
2012PTT is infamous around these parts
Came across this video on YouTube, 200k miles, I think this guy takes the cake...

Old 12-04-2020, 12:27 PM
Prncinghrse has a spectacular aura aboutPrncinghrse has a spectacular aura aboutPrncinghrse has a spectacular aura about
2014 GTS with 82,000 so far. Put it away for 3 winter months.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:56 PM
murci930 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2012PTT
Came across this video on YouTube, 200k miles, I think this guy takes the cake...

https://youtu.be/rbOJ1WDl__c
definitely takes the cake... just cracked 150k in my PTT today. Have come catching up to do!

Old 12-09-2020, 07:01 PM
jman102 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by murci930
definitely takes the cake... just cracked 150k in my PTT today. Have come catching up to do!
Wow, I'm glad I discovered this place. People look at me like I'm crazy for putting so many miles on my Panamera. I guess they just don't understand how fun it is to drive...

Old 12-09-2020, 07:07 PM
murci930 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jman102
Wow, I'm glad I discovered this place. People look at me like I'm crazy for putting so many miles on my Panamera. I guess they just don't understand how fun it is to drive...
Wow, in a hybrid?? how are the batteries holding up (forgive me if i sound ignorant dont know to much about the Porsche hybrids).

Old 12-10-2020, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by murci930
Wow, in a hybrid?? how are the batteries holding up (forgive me if i sound ignorant dont know to much about the Porsche hybrids).
In 2016 I bought my 2015 hybrid used with only 5k miles. I probably wouldn't have ever purchased it if it were not for the crazy deal I got on it.. ($53,000!!).
I've had quite a few issues with this vehicle (shutting off randomly, loss of power steering while driving, etc). However, every time I've had it serviced, I was told that any of the issues I was experiencing had nothing to do with the battery components . (I think that was just Porsche covering their butts).

I've owned a 4S from 2010-2014, never had an issue. I currently own a 2016 Turbo S Executive Exclusive (which I also drive the crap out...62k miles) and again, never had a single issue.

This may be purely anecdotal because I know almost nothing about fixing cars (I just like to drive them), but from my experience I am lead to believe that the issues experienced with my hybrid are probably due to the electrical system.. IMO I would never buy the hybrid again. I'm leaning towards getting a Taycan simply because it's downright gorgeous; I'm just uncertain if I'm ready to make the jump into an EV.

Old 12-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Bradley Russell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jman102
In 2016 I bought my 2015 hybrid used with only 5k miles. I probably wouldn't have ever purchased it if it were not for the crazy deal I got on it.. ($53,000!!).
I've had quite a few issues with this vehicle (shutting off randomly, loss of power steering while driving, etc). However, every time I've had it serviced, I was told that any of the issues I was experiencing had nothing to do with the battery components . (I think that was just Porsche covering their butts).

I've owned a 4S from 2010-2014, never had an issue. I currently own a 2016 Turbo S Executive Exclusive (which I also drive the crap out...62k miles) and again, never had a single issue.

This may be purely anecdotal because I know almost nothing about fixing cars (I just like to drive them), but from my experience I am lead to believe that the issues experienced with my hybrid are probably due to the electrical system.. IMO I would never buy the hybrid again. I'm leaning towards getting a Taycan simply because it's downright gorgeous; I'm just uncertain if I'm ready to make the jump into an EV.
The random total power loss is specific to the E Hybrids, Panamera and Cayenne alike. That sounds like a scary issue.

I am really considering a Panamera to replace the Volt for daily duties, and am leaning towards the EHybrid due to the plug in capability, along with a massive depreciation on those models. I am also looking at base models, and the higher performance models tempt me but make less sense.

You have put 145,000 miles on your E Hybrid in 3 years, along with the miles on your Turbo, you said you wouldn’t buy one due to the shut down and power steering losses, but what about the actual driving experience - was that lacking as well? Base models look more enticing the more I read about the issues the others have faced.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Bradley Russell
The random total power loss is specific to the E Hybrids, Panamera and Cayenne alike. That sounds like a scary issue.

I am really considering a Panamera to replace the Volt for daily duties, and am leaning towards the EHybrid due to the plug in capability, along with a massive depreciation on those models. I am also looking at base models, and the higher performance models tempt me but make less sense.

You have put 145,000 miles on your E Hybrid in 3 years, along with the miles on your Turbo, you said you wouldn’t buy one due to the shut down and power steering losses, but what about the actual driving experience - was that lacking as well? Base models look more enticing the more I read about the issues the others have faced.

My issues with my E Hybrid may be specific to me due to my driving history. I commute 4 hrs per day for work and the hybrid was my everyday driver. I got such a good deal on it that I didn't care about the depreciating value by racking up miles. I always had it serviced at the Porsche dealer also. The actual driving experience is comparable, if not exactly the same as my old 4S (minus some speed). Don't get me wrong, I love the car but the point I was making is that I've only ever had issues with that particular one. I may not be the best one to take advice from because I certainly drove it much more than the average owner, but I'd do a bit of more research about the power loss issues.

The last time I brought it in I was told verbatim "Good news is your car is running fine, the bad news is we have no idea what the issue was". I was a little put off by that. However, other than the power issues I've been experiencing (which are completely at random), I love driving it.

As for my turbo, I bought it with 35k miles on it so I have probably driven it more than I should have considering there are only 100 of them in existence, but not nearly as much as my hybrid. Plus I am dreading the day I need to replace the rotors and brakes on my turbo .