Sponsored by:

A/C repair only 2.5 weeks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
A/C repair only 2.5 weeks - Poor Reliabilty Saga Continues

Well - the saga with my 4S continues. After being out of service for 4 of the first 10 weeks of ownership things seemed to settle down over the winter.

Unfortunately my horn and a/c stopped working a month ago or so. So I scheduled a service visit and again - it seems that no fix is easy for my car. Ultimately my dealer says the car should be ready tomorrow after being out of service for about 2.5 weeks - which is absolutely absurd and embarassing.

What have I learned - first they gave me a QX56 Infiniti for me as a loaner for a week at my request - I immediately leased one for my wife - that is a great truck.

Second - last week they swapped me into a 4S loaner - I noticed a few quick things - without sport exhaust the car is way to quiet. Also - without a rearview camera you're lost.

Well- hopefully I get my car back tomorrow and then going to hopefully swap to a PTT. Porsche and the dealers involved have been understanding and helpful so far.

Last edited by dhh; 04-08-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:24 AM
JAX GT3 is infamous around these parts
PTT is a terrific car

You will greatly enjoy the PTT. I had a Panamera S before I upgraded. Totally different experience.

Good luck. JohnnyB

Old 04-05-2011, 09:31 PM
dhh
OK - the saga continues. I just picked up my car after over 2 weeks at the dealer and after a few stops on the way home the temp controls randomly revert to "Lo" and high fan speed on start up and then fan speed and temp controls are inoperable. I had to shut the car off twice to regain hvac control.

I am pretty sure I am going to be forced to go to a new S63 due to the poor reliability and excessive downtime of this car.

Love the Panamera but don't see any great alternatives to keep it - certainly Porsche NA hasn't offered any yet.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
did you buy car new or used? If new sounds like you've got a viable lemon law claim and even if used their are statutes (magnusson moss act) that would allow you to recover some damages from Porsche on the car, it may take the better part 6 months to recover them, and you would be stuck driving car till then so depending on how severe the problems are it may not be worth it.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
dhh
I bought the car new. Porsche has been very helpful so far with trying to resolve this matter. It is just disappointing that a 100+k car has worse service and reliability than a Honda.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:16 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
bummer to hear that. but a merc?! ekkkk I have heard lots of horror stories from S class owners.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:06 PM
dhh
My last S63 was great . Zero days out of service for three tears. It was a flawless car.

Just today the key refused to go into the ignition for 5 minutes - ultimately it looked like one of those plastic guides for the key in the ignition switch got dislodged a bit - I tinkered with it for a bit with a old fashioned key and got the key to go in. I can only imagine one day where that will strand me.

I am just sick of everyday some little glitch with this car.