Sponsored by:

Reverse Not Engaging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 07:08 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Reverse Not Engaging

A few times recently my car has not engaged reverse when the shifter has been moved to the reverse position - the car just revs. Then when I put it in park a few times it seems to work again.

Anybody have this happen before?

Thanks

Old 04-16-2011, 04:36 PM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
I didn't really experience the same problem, but I did notice what felt like slipping occasionally and my car (2010 PTT) was at the dealer for something else and they discovered tranny was leaking and needed to be replaced. Certainly not what I expected from a 1 year old $160K car with 13,000 miles on it. Of course they don't stock any PDK's in the US so three weeks later I'm still waiting for the car to be finished. My advice would be to get in to the dealer and have it checked

Old 04-16-2011, 06:36 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
That's not a behavior directly attributable to a simple problem. Sounds like a tranny issue.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
I find this happens if I shift to reverse too soon after starting the car. If I wait a few seconds longer it doesnt happen

Old 05-24-2011, 03:28 AM
inception is infamous around these parts
reverse slipping

Is it normal for the reverse gear to slip?

Mine seems to require a significant amount of gas before engaging, almost hit a brick wall in front of a slopped parking space the other day. It seems to do this consistently.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:13 PM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by inception
Is it normal for the reverse gear to slip?

Mine seems to require a significant amount of gas before engaging, almost hit a brick wall in front of a slopped parking space the other day. It seems to do this consistently.
This seems to be a part of the PDK experience. To me it seems like the clutch for reverse needs a certain amount of revs before it will engage the reverse gearing. There is also hill holder which will lock up if the car is on an incline, so the PDK needs a bit of gas before it starts moving, especially if you are going uphill.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Richard911 is infamous around these parts
More reverse gear

I have also had mine to dealer on this and I think it is the micro switch - shifter switch not making contact. Remember this is an electronic selector. When mine does not engage I move to neutral and back or park and back and then all is good. I do think Porsche need to work some of the QA bugs on these cars. Great daily driver, but quality is ??